• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Final Fantasy Fan-Club

Jiggly Jello

DJ Squiggles
Years
Sweeeet, I think I found my new home! (Please don't die thread) > . <

Username: I'm kind of partial to Spoony Bard but you can call me Spoon for short ;)

What is your favorite FF game?
Final Fantasy VI without a doubt!

Who is your favorite character?
Oh man, can I even answer this? Can this be plural? lol. I guess if I had to choose just one, I'd have to say Terra. She was a total BAMF Mage!

Do you prefer the Classics of recent remakes?
I enjoy (and still like to play) both. I like the nostalgic feel of the classics but I also appreciate the ports/remakes containing brand new content that add new enjoyment to the games.

Do you like the original medieval volumes to the newer modern volumes?
I like both (as long as we're not talking X-2...I really don't like X-2) but tend to replay the classics a bit more.

What is your favorite spin-off game?
Final Fantasy Legend II and yes, it's a spin-off (sort of).

Do you think the series is dying? (looking at you XIII)

It's not so much dying as it is being horribly corrupted and it all started with X-2!!

Do you plan to play FF realm reborn or already playing it?
I'm not big on MMORPGs. I've had too many bad experiences with unsportsmanlike people in FFXI.

Did you get into the Beta for FF Realm Reborn? (I DID :D)

See above ^

Do you think Cloud killed Aerith by drowning her by accident because he presumed she was dead?
It totally wasn't an accident. Cloud caught Aerith and Barret locking lips earlier on and killed her in a jealous rage!

Do you want the 4 heroes of light tradition to come back? (imagine that in some of the newer games :D)
I'm for it, so long as they find a way to make it interesting.

What was the hardest boss to defeat?
Odin in Final Fantasy Legend II but only because I abused the walk through walls glitch and ended up in Valhalla way before I should have so I was seriously underleveled when fighting him!

When did you find the series?
I've been playing the Final Fantasy series since its inception in 1987. I started with the original game and just went on from there, getting my hands on every installment I could. I used to binge play IV & VI on the Super Nintendo. I would walk up to the video store to rent the cartridge as soon as I got home from school and I would play from Friday to late Sunday night, sleeping only when I had to. The worst part about that was fearing that 1. I wouldn't get the same cartridge since the store had multiple copies or 2. some other renter would play on my save!

Oh, the memories!

Last edited:

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
Years
What is your favorite FF game?
Dissidia Duodecim is easily my favorite Final Fantasy title. The idea of putting a bunch of characters from different games or universes into a single game has been done time and again, but Dissidia handles this fantastically well. Not only does Dissidia manage to be the most varied Fighting game series that I've ever played, as well as being the most innovative 360 degree Fighting game I've played in years (and the fighting game that Dragon Ball Z should be- well, at least the Tenkaichi series), but it also manages to create a very tight and compelling narrative that pulls the player in regardless of whether they've played mainline Final Fantasy games or not.

Even more on this, it takes characters who previously had little, weak, or in some cases obnoxious personalities (either out of intention or otherwise), such as the Cloud of Darkness, Vaan, and Tidus, and making them into stronger characters, even if they don't have very much story presence or, in their respective original games, didn't have their own personalities because they weren't technically actual characters (this being the case with the Warrior of Light and the Onion Knight). The story's premise is simple, but it finds most of its attraction value in making it a character's game, largely about what they fight for and putting their dreams and motives (or lack thereof) headfirst, largely being the cause of most of the story's growth and development. It's really interesting, for a Final Fantasy game such as this to feature the amount of character development that it does, both on the level of forming relationships with other characters and in finding themselves. The game also does a great job of making the interactions between the surprisingly human antagonists and the protagonists both tension filled and contrarily casual, largely due to the nature of the premise.

I never had a PSP before, so it wasn't until early this year that I got to buy it on my Vita, and I definitely recommend it to any Final Fantasy fan or...pretty much anyone that has a PSP/PSV/PPSSPP.

Who is your favorite character?
Not sure if I have one yet, but I'm looking.

do you prefer the Classics of recent remakes?
I don't prefer them but I do like them. Well, with the exception of unmodded GBA remakes, solely because of the way that they redesigned the music (but a fantastic mod changes it back to the originals)

Do you like the original medieval volumes to the newer modern volumes?
Like 'em both.

Do you think the series is dyeing? (looking at you XIII)
There was a point when I did (well, going downhill, not dying), but not anymore. I'm looking forward to Lightning Returns and FFXV, and the way things are looking, I can see FF becoming a paragon of innovation in the East. SE's getting their act together, and I can see a resurgence in the future.

Did you get into the Beta for FF Realm Reborn? (I DID :D)
Yep, I even bought it for a month, it was pretty fun.

Do you think Cloud killed Aerith by drowning her by accident because he presumed she was dead?
Heh, well seeing how she fell limp and her eyes were open...I'm gonna say no.

Do you want the 4 heroes of light tradition to come back? (imagine that in some of the newer games :D)
Not particularly, unless they do a modern tribute to the original games.

When did you find the series?
When I was young. My brother asked my dad for FFVII, and then everything else was pretty much history. I've been playing the games since then.

Back