• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen PC Box storage

MrsNorrington

Lady Loki
Years
  • Age 34
  • Fl
  • Seen Aug 20, 2014
Not sure if there's a thread already.

But I think they should give us more box storage in Black and White. In HG/SS they gave us 18 boxes, 30 pokemon each can fit in each box. That can hold 540 pokemon.

I have all 493 Pokemon in my PC boxes on SS...and I only have 1 extra box for extra Pokemon. And that box fills up so fast that I need to transfer Pokemon to my Diamond version for storage. It's really inconvenient.

Black and White is going to bring in new Pokemon. How would I fit 493+however many new Pokemon in the storage boxes if I decide to do the national dex again? I'm really hoping for an increase in PC box storage.

Benjamin510

The King of Typio's!
Years
  • Seen Jan 24, 2016
Ah........ Good idea.......... Make around 85 boxes....... This would be good.

Eurydice

`~♥Eury♥~'
Years
i think they should add a few more boxes. its a pain if im trying to breed a certain pokemon and the boxes fill up far to fast.

shengar

♥ Mikan Enthusiast ♥
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 25, 2013
I hope they keep the interface like one in Heartgold. Pokebox interface in Heartgold is very convenient. Like so much

Rehanlarc

Rehanlarc
Years
I wish there were more boxes too.... I have a tendencey to catch more than one pokemon by accident, or breed too many... So haveing more boxes would also mean you could trade over more pokemon from other generations and have way more pokemon and a more varied team.

iwuzhere9

Ye Olde Doofus
Years
If there's only one more box for spare Pokemon if you have a complete Pokedex in your PC, then they will boost the amount of boxes up at least enough to where you can have one box left over again with a new and more complete National Dex.

Thunderhead

Ride the Lightning
Years
Hopefully there will be 24 boxes.

I'm going to guess that they will be going up to 650. If they do, you divide by 30. You get 21.3333 or something like that. It would be nice to round it up to a number that is even.

This gets you two extra boxes, and 21 1/3 boxes full of pkmn!

PiPVoda

water, Forever
Years
  • Age 29
  • USA
  • Seen Dec 2, 2022
Ah........ Good idea.......... Make around 85 boxes....... This would be good.
85 boxes? Lmao!....you're jokin'...right? I think it would be more appropriate if we got around 30 boxes. That would be enough to hold 900 pokemon, and that should be enough boxes for generations to come.

We could use an updated PC box as well. Like the PC box in HGSS was just...sloppy, horrible beyond belief. I think this is because it was the first time the touch screen was really incorporated in it..so that may be the reason.

Thunderhead

Ride the Lightning
Years
^Thank you!

I hear people say that the PC for HG/SS is good, when I think its dog poo.

Also, if you do want to have it set up for gens to come, then yes 30 would be a good idea.

rps96

i'm a ******* 8P
Years
  • Seen Apr 23, 2012
they should make it, so you can make more boxes.

shookie

Often scatters things.
Years
We could use an updated PC box as well. Like the PC box in HGSS was just...sloppy, horrible beyond belief. I think this is because it was the first time the touch screen was really incorporated in it..so that may be the reason.
Agreed, I really don't want them to just copy over the same storage system from HG/SS into B/W. It's so clunky and choppy and more frustrating than anything. I'll be happy with the same touch-screen system, just smoother.

I'd be okay with an even 20 boxes, since 18 right now is good for how I organize my Pokémon (by type). I could use an extra box or two for just spare storage and spillover, which happens all too often, and transferring between other games is such a hassle :/

Jerme

stupid
Years
  • Seen Dec 14, 2010
the boxes should be like a mini virtual world where you see them walking around and interacting..lol

and i agree, hg/ss box was sloppy, too many pop up screens..idk. the d/p was better, we could easily move from one box, and the gold hand was very useful for quick pick ups. and the way i see it, the only option we need is "move pokemon", and items. deposit/withdraw is useless to me, i can do those with the move option, both in one sitting

MistahDude

Primate Pokemon Master
Years
the boxes should be like a mini virtual world where you see them walking around and interacting..lol

and i agree, hg/ss box was sloppy, too many pop up screens..idk. the d/p was better, we could easily move from one box, and the gold hand was very useful for quick pick ups. and the way i see it, the only option we need is "move pokemon", and items. deposit/withdraw is useless to me, i can do those with the move option, both in one sitting

You want them to ripoff Digimon eh?

Years
More boxes are needed but with that they really need to overhaul the system, possibly make a grid box system instead of a line of boxes or something. Hopefully have some sort of search function in there too.

MrsNorrington

Lady Loki
Years
  • Age 34
  • Fl
  • Seen Aug 20, 2014
I think 25 to 30 boxes would work nicely. With 30 that would mean we can store 900 Pokemon. There's gonna be 500-something+ , and that would leave us about 300-400 spaces for extras. There's a lot of us who breed, or collect shinies, or whatever. So I think it would be perfect.

Rehanlarc

Rehanlarc
Years
I think 25 to 30 boxes would work nicely. With 30 that would mean we can store 900 Pokemon. There's gonna be 500-something+ , and that would leave us about 300-400 spaces for extras. There's a lot of us who breed, or collect shinies, or whatever. So I think it would be perfect.

I agree fully! I am a strong breeder, but I need the boxes, sometimes I don't go for the whole national dex, which leaves me with a little room, but then I have the starters and special guys that I cannot find where they go! It is super annoying when it comes to have 20 chimchars and only half a box..... I agree that about 30would be good, maybe 35 MAYBE!!!!!!!!!!!

Jerme

stupid
Years
  • Seen Dec 14, 2010
insteads of a set number, how about we can make a new box every time we need to.

Years
  • Seen Apr 12, 2013
hmm i think that you aren´t thinking pretty well...
see this
Why do you want a Charmander , Charmeleon and Charizard? you will get that 3? Or you just have a Charizard?
So i think that 10 boxes (300Pkm) will be sufficient to keep all the 600 or something about...
20boxes is enough... just my opinion...
sorry for my bad english :D

Back