• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Art

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
Years
Art in pokemon is generally a small, but repeated theme. For example, the Lilycove Museum features a collection of fantastic artwork featuring Pokémon and Contests. There is also Nacrene City, that is called "The City of Art", where various people including Burgh the gym leader, go to get various ideas for art. But can art mean something more in X&Y?

Being speculated that X&Y takes place in France, France is also quite well known for art. Remember that art is a broad topic: art can be created on the form of paintings, or even something like sculpting. Sculping creates statues like this one here:

pokemon-x-and-y3.jpg

On where this statue has been speculated to have many meanings or hints. However, since this thread is talking more about general art, and since speculations of this region being represented as the art-famous French society, could general art mean much more, or have a bigger role in this game, compared to other games? Could general art have more of an impact in X&Y? How do you think art might impact this region? Could there be hints of people or pokemon with art? Will there be possibly more implications of art in this region, compared to the others? Could styles of art fit with French customs? Maybe there can be more cities devoted to art? Could there be more styles of art rather than just paintings? Any other thoughts?

Pokestick good times.

[i]cheeky[/i]
Years
More trainers of the Artist class wouldn't be surprising. :P
Other than that, an art-involving minigame perhaps? If they could make one for films, I'm sure they could make something more traditionally artsy if they wanted, hahaha.

As an "artist" myself, if done well, more features involving drawing and such would always be fun. The little signature on trainer cards are fun, but extremely limiting.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
Perhaps we can draw a painting for the Museum which they'll put up, and we can visit every now and than, that'll be cool, to take the role of an artist. Also maybe more pokemon based on Art, or even a Smergle evolution to fit the whole art atmosphere given off by the region.

Zayphora

Don't mess with the lights...
Years
I bet there'll be a fancy art museum and a minigame to go with it. Also, maybe in our creepy thing for this game (Strange House, whatever fake Lavender Tower there is, etc.) there'll be a haunted painting or two. But I don't see it becoming a major theme.

Platinum Lucario

The Legendary Master of [color=#D8D48C]Light[/colo
Years
I'm sure since Pokémon X and Y is speculated to be based off France, the type of artwork other than paintings and sculptures I'd like to see is stained glass windows with some Pokémon and a person from ancient times. I'm sure we've seen something similar to this in Pokémon Diamond/Pearl/Platinum, but it only had Dialga and Palkia in it, if my memory serves me right.

But I'd also love to see some nice murals inside some ancient temples, and now that we have enhanced 3D graphics... it would now be possible to see those murals unlike in previous generations where it was hard to see them.

Back