• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Children.

droomph

weeb
Years
Spoiler:

How many children do you want in the future?

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
Years
Zero, none, no thank you. To much money, effort, time, etc. I'm far too selfish of a person to raise a child. Or 2-3 actually because I think it's better for a kid to have a constant companion during formative years. But yeah no kids. I'm going to have plenty of nieces and nephews. Fairly soon, actually, if my dumbass brother isn't careful.

Treecko

the princess without voice
Years
If I ever get married, I think I want to have at least two or three children. That's a good amount in my opinion. I know it's cliche, but I always wanted a boy and a girl. If I have three kids, then I want at least one girl and maybe 2 boy or the other way around.

Zorogami

WUB WUB
Years
I definitely want to have children in the future, probably 2, 3 at the most. I know it will be hard, expensive and very time-consuming, but i honestly can't wait. It has to be the greatest feeling in the world to be a dad, to take care of someone from the moment they are born and to see them grow and become a unique person

Broken_Arrow

Paper Plane
Years
I want one..could be a son or daughter i don't know but if i could..i wish he will be a son! i want him to have his father's eyes,eyebrows and nose and hair color....he will be such a cute kid!!! ^^ <3

not that the girl won't be cute too!! if it's a daughter ..she will be silly like me! lol

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
Years
Zero. Children suck and they turn their parents into people who are even suckier. None, thank you please. I live my life for me, not procreation.

If I were to have one though, I'd adopt. I think it's selfish to bring more people into the world while there is even one that already exists and doesn't have a home.

Sirfetch’d

I want one or two kids when I get a little older, but I want to be married and settled in before I do so.

Crux

Evermore
Years
Actually... I would like to have kids. I think two or three, a little girl and two boys.
To be able to watch them grow up, and teach them as much as I can. Until one day as they're leaving the nest, to look back to when they were in diapers, to their first crush, their biggest mistakes and how they learned and grew from then, their first job, teaching them to drive, that time they threw a party while me and their mother were gone for the weekend and almost got away with it... on that day, when they leave, I will be both indescribably proud and astronomically depressed.
But... it also depends on what my future wife wants. I'm not the one who has to go through childbirth!

[/hopeless romantic]

Of course, if our two became a four or maybe five that means... :3

[/if you know what I mean.]

Mark Kamill

I like kitties
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 13, 2023
One kid is fine. Two is asking for trouble, 3 destroys the psyche of the children. I would prefer to have one kid benefited from its existence, instead of 2 or more fighting over their inheritance, if any. Depends on what the wife wants too.

Years
  • Seen Aug 25, 2015
I dont think I want any children. The more I think about me having kids, the more stressed I become. I dont think I could handle taking care of one kid let alone more. I know it might look bad on me, but I don't know if Im selfless enough to give and give to another person like Id be expected to do for a child. I like the freedom I have in my life and I just dont know if I want that responsibility or am cut out for it.

Sableye~

Back to PC~
Years
  • Seen Jan 4, 2018
I don't think I would make for a very good mother, tbh. Besides, I wouldn't exactly be a good example, unless I manage to hide a few things from them.

I dunno. I'm stupid and don't plan the future.

Years
If I were to have one though, I'd adopt. I think it's selfish to bring more people into the world while there is even one that already exists and doesn't have a home.
Some of my friends have kids. Others say they want kids. I always thought it was selfish to have kids when you can adopt. Then a while back they told me that at one point in their lives it was like a switch was flicked in their brains and they went from "Don't want kids" to "Want kids" almost overnight. That's never happened to me, and I'm glad because I don't want kids. To me it sounds like the onset of a sudden brain disease and/or indoctrination into a cult, but it does shine some light on why people have kids the old fashioned way. I find it kind of terrifying, actually.

SoulSilver10112

George the Poliwag
Years
  • Seen Jun 30, 2013
I want to adopt a child, maybe two. I'm thinking about staying single, and I am planning to wait until I have the paid off the college debt, the house, and the car before I adopt, so I have extra money to do fun activites with my kids, like taking them on vacations and amusement parks, like when I was a kid. I also don't want them to worry about financial issues during their childhood, so paying off everything and being on my feet financially would make sure they have less worry over those things, and they could spend more time being a kid.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
I want two children in the future. Originally I wanted two boys born about two years apart, but recently I've been persuaded that having a girl and a boy might not be so bad after all. I won't be upset or anything if I end up having more or less, but I think two's the ideal number since it's not too much to handle but they've got company and a brother/sister to be their friend for life. (Assuming they get on well at least ;p)

Sweets Witch

I just love ham jerky.
Years
Just the one I have now, thank you. I'm staying abstinent for the rest of my life just to make sure that there are no others because I just want to serve my time during her first 10-12 years and be done. Thank god the amount of scream-crying a child does gradually goes down or I'd have already ripped my hair out.

Years
Honestly, the older I get the more I'm sure I don't want any at all. Just doesn't seem worth it, and I am in no mood for romance right now anyway. But if I do, 1-2 at the very most. If I have kids I don't want a huge family. More than 2 sounds like too much effort for me. :(

Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen May 23, 2023
I don't think I'd plan having any children in the future to be quite honest. I'm young though so I still have plenty of time to think about it, although if I did I think I'd have two the maxium. I feel like it's a hassle raising three and also one might feel left out as well, I don't think I could handle it all to be honest. And for one, I don't want the child to feel lonely so I'd say two is the perfect number. Although I'd just adopt, the thought of childbirth and its pains terrifies me, also I would really like to give those kids a great life already, before bringing more into existence. :)

Also it'd be great teaching them all about Pokemon and games and watching them, giggling and smiling. It just leaves a warm sensation in me, thinking about it. Also I think I would adopt an African boy if possible. :3

Back