• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: In which we welcome back Shining Raichu from his extended vacation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Somniac

Probably sleeping.
Years
Oh yeah mantis-shrimp are really powerful creatures I heard. There's two appendages on their body that move at the same velocity as a gunshot from a 22-caliber riffle and they can strike a prey with 1,500 Newtons of Force.

You probably saw this then?
http://imgur.com/gallery/Eujgs
Mantis Shrimp is probably one of my favorite animals after reading this. And I really want Gamefreak to make a mantis shrimp based Pokemon now. :/

Oh wow, I love that song and Red so much. (Though it's not exactly metal.) I like some metal bands, more of less ones that don't use excessive amounts of screaming in their music, but lately I've also been getting into so hardcore/ screamo/ metalcore artist that use lots of screaming , like August Burns Red is one of my favorites. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ugPxKkDmh5M

Yeah I've been a fan of the oatmeal for a long time but I somehow missed that one until earlier today.

The whole 16 colour-receptive cones is mind-boggling.

Sableye~

Back to PC~
Years
  • Seen Jan 4, 2018
Oh wow, I love that song and Red so much.
Have you stumbled upon Release the Panic? The song, not the album.

(Though it's not exactly metal.)
It's considered metal, from what I've read. Though some of their music doesn't seem anywhere near it, in my opinion.

Sir Codin

It's considered metal, from what I've read. Though some of their music doesn't seem anywhere near it, in my opinion.
They draw some influence from the heavy metal genre, but from what I've heard of them, they're primarily alternative rock, with touches of hard rock and post-grunge.

And before anyone asks, "alternative metal" nowadays is just a handy catch-all term for music where their metal status is highly ambiguous.

Last edited:

Treecko

the princess without voice
Years
Have you stumbled upon Release the Panic? The song, not the album.

Bits and pieces. I've only heard the actually song (Release The Panic) , Perfect Life and Hold Me Now. Pretty good songs imo, but rather different from their other stuff.
Yeah I've been a fan of the oatmeal for a long time but I somehow missed that one until earlier today.

The whole 16 colour-receptive cones is mind-boggling.

I actually never heard of The Oatmeal lol, but yeah I just wonder what colors they can see but can see. Also amazing how violent something that small can be. Like how their limbs move so quickly they can boil the water around them. O_O I mean dang wow.

Honest

Hi!
Years
That sucks, buy her chocolate or alcohol, and let her know that; 'I do and always shall care about your well-being; thus I'm going to make you happy, and maybe a little fat and drunk.'

Getting a tearful smile at your bad jokes is always the first move when someones upset.
Booze and chocolate is just a personal preference though.

Too young to buy booze, I'm only 17. :c I am taking her to a theater performance, though (although that was before they broke up).

As for music, zebrahead is probably my favorite band. Shocks me that almost no one has heard of them, they're a great punk rock band.

Crux

Evermore
Years
Ooh, I know plenty of bad jokes!
Just ask, Dipu!

Psh, 'favorites' are lame.
I know a good number of great bands/artists, but I personally don't have a favorite.

Listening to Zebrahead now, they're okay I guess.
You ever heard of Ludo?

Treecko

the princess without voice
Years
Too young to buy booze, I'm only 17. :c I am taking her to a theater performance, though (although that was before they broke up).

As for music, zebrahead is probably my favorite band. Shocks me that almost no one has heard of them, they're a great punk rock band.

I honestly never heard of them unfortunately but I googled one of their songs and thought it was pretty good.

As lots of people might know here, one of my favorite artist is Owl City. Honestly, I just like anything music Adam Young (or the only guy behind Owl City) makes. Though I also don't just have one favorite band/artist. I love a large variety of music.

Rococo I've heard of them mainly cause they're a local band from my city. (St. Louis) They're good imo.

Her

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Apr 17, 2024
I admit to being rather mainstream in my music tastes, though over the past few days I've been trying to expand my collection! Have any of you listened to St. Vincent? She's really quite astounding.

Gabri

m8
Years
My music tastes are the farthest thing from the mainstream, and I admit to be a mainstream disliker. Of each 10 bands/artists, 1 has actual musical talent.

All you see there is just the same generic rice in the lyrics YEEAH PARTY HARD BLAHBLAH and such crap about being a bad girl or a bad boy and wanting to do stuff. Then the same beat+synth everywhere with the same tempo in all songs, in certain cases also combined with autotune. Hell, they barely even write the songs. Seems to be made mainly for people to bounce around than actually inspire them and have them feel music. Also lots of money. I mean, is stuff like that all that inspires them to write and sing the songs? This world is not made of parties and relationships and feelings of love and lust.

Metal is mostly what I listen to, but even while not enjoying growls, there is talent in most of the writing and instrumental among the bands that do it. Same with the "regular" (maybe not the right word) rock that is not what I enjoy the most and listen to regularly, but there are really good musicians in there. And classical music that will forever have the most beautiful and genious pieces of music there will ever exist.

Synerjee

[font=Itim]Atra du evarinya ono varda.[/font]
Years
*reads title of DCC* Oh, welcome back Harlequin! :D

I basically listen to all types of music except hard metal. (Hard metal ain't for me, unfortunately.) Pop, rock, country, jazz, even mainstream....you name em' all. My absolute favourite among all of these would have to be classical music. Such soothing melodies and harmonies all blended into one masterpiece is just incredible. Kudos to all those composers who put all of their time and their hearts and souls and lives into writing such numerous beautiful pieces of music that will forever resonate on and on till the very end of time. <3

Sableye~

Back to PC~
Years
  • Seen Jan 4, 2018
My taste in music varies a lot.

When I was younger, I was forced to listen to country music, which I hated (it still gets on my nerves now haha). When I was able to listen to music I actually liked (meaning, on the internet), it was more like Papa Roach, Disturbed, and Three Days Grace. {: I'm listening to a Three Days Grace song right now. Apparently I haven't matured much!

I'm dying to use these lyrics (from "Scared" by Three Days Grace) in with a drawing of Slenderman again.
Spoiler:

Last edited:

Honest

Hi!
Years
When I was younger, I used to listen to Three Days Grace's music all the time. They aren't the best of bands, but I liked them, and still have a soft spot for them since they were the music I grew up with. Aside from Three Days Grace, I also listened to Papa Roach a lot, but that band really fell flat in terms of good music imo. At the moment, I listen to zebrahead (listen to Here Without You, Blackout, Photographs), Skillet (Sick of It, Monster, anything from their album Comatose), Anberlin (their new album Vital was amazing), and Breaking Benjamin (Anthem of the Angels <3)

Arcturus.

Chews nails and spits napalm
Years
I listen to a lot of electronic music, primarily stuff from Lapfox Trax. Other than that, my tastes vary a lot. I can honestly say that there's probably a few songs from every genre that like. Even country. But out of all the music genres, country (and mainstream,) is my least favorite for pretty much the same reason Slender said. My sis and mother both love country and whenever I'm stuck in a car with them, that's pretty much all they listen too.

Gabri

m8
Years
@Slendy: That reminded me of the lyrics of Iron Maiden's "Fear of the Dark" for some reason.
Spoiler:

Which is just my favourite band. Along with Megadeth and Nevermore.

And this may sound weird - but there's many metal stuff that has similarities to classical music, mainly in its structure. The lead guitars help a bit on that.

Cordelia

Banned
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Nov 21, 2014
My taste in music is pretty varied. Some of my favorite artists right now are Kid Rock, Death Cab for Cutie, Matchbox Twenty, and some others that I can't remember.

Honest

Hi!
Years
Listening to that right now. {X

<3
Which of their songs do you like? Just curious.

They're actually my favorite band, tied with zebrahead. I have all their albums except the new one in my bedroom. :3 And as for favorite songs, there's a lot. Feel Good Drag, Breaking, Someone Anyone, Little Tyrants, Foreign Language, Ready Fuels, Audrey Start the Revolution, and Alexithymia to name a few.

My taste in music is pretty varied. Some of my favorite artists right now are Kid Rock, Death Cab for Cutie, Matchbox Twenty, and some others that I can't remember.

Death Cab's Follow Me Into The Dark is amazing.

Nathan

Blade of Justice
Years
My music taste is unstable. If i hear something i like, i search the band and get their music. But i mainly listen to rock/metal like LP and Evanescence.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back