• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Fire Red or Leaf Green?

FR or LG

• Total voters

vaporeon7

My life would suck without you
Years
FireRed...because...Fire. Haha. Against other games though, both FR and LG can rot. :P Unless compared against DP. I'd take FRLG over them any day. The version exclusives are meh anyway. None of them are my favorites, though I don't dislike any of them. So it's pretty even in that regard.

I pretty much agree with Sydders here, though maybe not as harshly. If I had to pick one though I guess it'd be LeafGreen because that is the game I had, while my brother had FireRed.

squirrelfeet

FireRed for cooler colors and Pokemon. These games are actually close to identical, though.

`Brianna

Mahamagiha, my friends!
Years
I got Fire red, just because that's what my brother got. :P I really wish I had gotten LG, though.

Darkest Shade of Light

Pokémon Midnight Sun
Years
It doesn't matter which one I play, I always want the other.
Initially, I got them both on release day. A couple years back I lost my LeafGreen.
Between the two, I'd say FireRed for the sole purpose that I can get my favorite Pokémon of all time- Scyther.
However, I'm redoing the game now, and I REALLY want Pinsir, and Houndour, and especially Misdreavus. I really hate how the two games divide my interests. Main reason I wish they had made SeaBlue like they had originally planned to. R/S/E and FR/LG/SB because more selection. Too bad they couldn't add any more areas. One of the few things that prevented it's release D:

#isthenumbersign
Years
Got Leaf Green since I previously played Red and Blue, not that that mattered. :P But I did eventually trade for my friend's Fire Red, and they're literally the same to me.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Feb 7, 2017
Well, this all depends on what Pokemon someone likes/dislikes that are version exclusives. I picked FR because of Electabuzz & Growlithe.

SuperSaiyanII

Cool Story Bro!!
Years
I say LG simply due to the fact that you can get staryu/starmie. In FR if I didn't pick squirtle as my starter than I would be stuck with Lapras as a water type and that's a no-go for me.

Olli

I am still bathing in a summer's afterglow
Years
I got Leaf Green just because I didn't know the difference between the two games at the time, and just had to pick one. I later came to regret that, because yet again I'd chosen a version lacking Growlithe, although luckily for me, my friend got Fire Red, so everything was well ^^

Years
I would have to say Fire Red seeing as the version exclusives are what made my decision. Both Vileplume and Bellossom are exclusive to Fire Red and so that is what swayed me.

Back