• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: POKEMON: Dark Rising

Sleeping Snorlax

I'm blocking your path
Years
  • Seen May 18, 2014
Tough? Powerful?
I must have been using wrong version...
I mean all you need is Umbreon... I did not even have team of 100 levels...
Umbreon can widstand any attack and is resistant to Dark Chaos which only poisons it and if Lugia's not Toxiced by Umbreon, it gets poisoned from Synchronize.
Game over.
Mewtwo was bigger pain in the butt...

Well I wouldn't say its a piece of cake either, but after facing the E4 again I can say that I kinda agree with you. If someone doesn't come prepared then it can pose a problem for teams. But luckily I came prepared for it :cool:

Years
I have a question! In the gameplay, do you use the genIII and before method of attack/special attack or do you change it to genIV and beyond's version?
Let me rephrase you what is already told many times previously... The game sticks on Gen 3 with many new added attacks of Gen 4-5 maybe. No physical/Special split but in Dark Rising 2 which is under development you will see that feature

Sorry if this has already been asked, but where is that guy that
lets u reteach a move to your pokemon
The Move Relearner is at Dark Rising Headquarters. Kindly refer my walk through for it

Last edited:

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
I have a question! In the gameplay, do you use the genIII and before method of attack/special attack or do you change it to genIV and beyond's version?
Oh... why people can't simply search before asking...?
It does NOT have physical/special split of IV generation.

How Can I Start Playing the Game or Update?
Download the patch, download the Fire Red ROM, download Lunar IPS and patch the ROM...
Again... search engine is your friend...

Well I wouldn't say its a piece of cake either, but after facing the E4 again I can say that I kinda agree with you. If someone doesn't come prepared then it can pose a problem for teams. But luckily I came prepared for it :cool:
Well... it's a piece of cake with Umbreon =) That's how I meant it.

moety5

Wolf Master
Years
Originally Posted by moety5
1) As you know, I am a Mapper!

2) Want proof of my work? I posted a video of me revamping pallet town! That can be found here:
watch?v=E_SwEHaEn08

3) As for availability, I am usually on my computer everyday, The problem is, I'm not on this website most of the time. I do have a skype However, If you install it, You'll be able to know when I come online/Instant Message me/ Send me files/Voice chat and stuff

4) D.C.I.D.T right? Well lets see... Devoted? Yes, Consistent? Maybe (Not too sure what you mean by consistent) Interested? Yes, Determined? Yes, And A team player? Yes!

I'm sorry if I was suppose to post this Application somewhere else, But I'm not the Sharpest tool in the shed? ^^'

ANYWAY

Hope I'm accepted

Sleeping Snorlax

I'm blocking your path
Years
  • Seen May 18, 2014
LOL. This game has really messed up the way I play hacks. Literally spend a couple of hours training pokemon in my Light Platinum play through. I know have 2 fully evolved pokemon before even reaching 2nd gym.... I'm still in that Dark Rising mode haha

Years
Originally Posted by moety5
1) As you know, I am a Mapper!

2) Want proof of my work? I posted a video of me revamping pallet town! That can be found here:
watch?v=E_SwEHaEn08

3) As for availability, I am usually on my computer everyday, The problem is, I'm not on this website most of the time. I do have a skype However, If you install it, You'll be able to know when I come online/Instant Message me/ Send me files/Voice chat and stuff

4) D.C.I.D.T right? Well lets see... Devoted? Yes, Consistent? Maybe (Not too sure what you mean by consistent) Interested? Yes, Determined? Yes, And A team player? Yes!

I'm sorry if I was suppose to post this Application somewhere else, But I'm not the Sharpest tool in the shed? ^^'

ANYWAY

Hope I'm accepted
Yes you can help I think but post your offer on this thread of Dark Rising 2.
http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=297933

Years
  • Seen Jul 19, 2014
AHHHHH TORNADUS GET IN THE ULTRA BALL
Its so crazy how this hack is way better then
the original games. You deserve income support
for this

DarkRisingGirl

Order Must Be Restored
Years
man i have beated elite 4 and adrian , so after that what shall i do

That's the end of the hack. You have to play Dark Rising 2 to see what happens next. You can check it out over at the progression hacks section right here: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=297933

UPDATE

For those of you still interested in Dark Rising 1.5(The Dark Rising Hack with upgraded graphics and 2 extra side events) I'm informing you all that the person fully in charge of that project is Still working on it very, very slowly. Although he has not completed much after Iceland City, he has left proof that he is still working on the project. Here it is:

MONTAGE FORTRESS!
14xr8l.png

Work and School has tied him down a lot, so don't expect a release any time soon. However, let it be known that it Will be completed...Someday.

ATTENTION SCRIPTERS

The current scripter for Dark Rising 2 is very busy and will not be able to script the required events needed to continue on with the hack. I'm asking All EXPERT SCRIPTERS reading this that if you're interested in applying to be apart of production for Dark Rising 2 & you have a good amount of free time, now's your chance to sign up over at the team discussion thread ( http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=296569 ). Your assistance will be very much appreciated. Thanks.

Years
  • Seen Jul 26, 2014
This is such a fun hack! (my first major pokemon overhaul, had only played Volt White before this)

I've never died this many times. Dratini is the wooooooorst starter :P

One question though: Is the wildlist.txt up to date? For example it doesn't include Drillburr in that first cave and the levels seem to be a little off too (text file says they're like 3-4 levels higher than what I'm encountering)

nouswalkons

Overcooked Egg
Years
  • Seen Dec 31, 2016
I just ran into a glitch... at the very entrance to Dragon Valley, there's a Black Belt-looking guy, and if I try to battle him my game crashes. If you move to step in front of him, my sprite freezes, a '!' appears over his head, he walks forward and the screen goes red. If I talk to him from the side, the game freezes and goes red. Has anyone else encountered this?

I can avoid him by going to the very edge of the grass, out of his range of sight, and going around him but its still a pretty serious bug... thought I'd mention.

(Love the hack by the way, very challenging. But there are a massive amount of bugs, I hope DR2 will be better in that aspect.)

Years
  • Seen Mar 13, 2014
Good God, sooooo many bugs, and I am still at the beginning of the game :/
It is a shame, really, since I liked the starter choice :)

Years
UPDATE

For those of you still interested in Dark Rising 1.5(The Dark Rising Hack with upgraded graphics and 2 extra side events) I'm informing you all that the person fully in charge of that project is Still working on it very, very slowly. Although he has not completed much after Iceland City, he has left proof that he is still working on the project. Here it is:

MONTAGE FORTRESS!
Very nicely done there by Nightkymz but where is the entrance from the desert into the city??? :cheeky:

Years
  • Seen May 23, 2013
Hi everyone!
First i wanna say this is a great hack and i really enjoyed playing it (despite all the minor bugs and glitches) but today i encountered a big problem. I entered spirit tower, walked to the final floor and a (stupid) voice from my head said: "talk to giratina", i want to see what giratina has to say but my game freezed... That wasn't such a big problem if i saved my game before but i played about 3 or 4 hours without saving before freeze... Now i can only look at my character how it stands in front of giratina and does nothing... Can i do something or i must start play from my last save?

p.s. sorry for any mistakes but english is not my first language. i hope you understand what's my problem...

NightkymZ

Ultimate Tiles Matcher
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Jan 15, 2015
Very nicely done there by Nightkymz but where is the entrance from the desert into the city??? :cheeky:
hehre...Im using lappy now...a bit laggy but I attracted at ur comment.I try to re-size that building,So I can insert more tiles like gateway...Im also busy...So at night Ill change...

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
Hi everyone!
First i wanna say this is a great hack and i really enjoyed playing it (despite all the minor bugs and glitches) but today i encountered a big problem. I entered spirit tower, walked to the final floor and a (stupid) voice from my head said: "talk to giratina", i want to see what giratina has to say but my game freezed... That wasn't such a big problem if i saved my game before but i played about 3 or 4 hours without saving before freeze... Now i can only look at my character how it stands in front of giratina and does nothing... Can i do something or i must start play from my last save?

p.s. sorry for any mistakes but english is not my first language. i hope you understand what's my problem...
Unfortunately, if your game freezes, there's no way out...
You need to return to your previous save...
And just to be sure, save before Giratina, or better before Spirit Tower.

Back