• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Let's Plays, Guides and Reviews Brainstorming & Discussion Thread

Kenpokid

Hee-ho!
Years
  • Seen May 22, 2016
If it weren't for the fact I want to LP most of the Castlevania series blind, I'd watch it for sure. =P

Cello

Tonight!
Years
You've got a point. Maybe instead of playing Castlevania SotN i'll go for a game I've never played before. P:
Blind LPs are usually more entertaining for the audience anyways.

Last edited:
Years
Got an idea for a game within a game on PC.

Basically it takes the concept of Big Brother (the tv show) and brings it into Sims 2. I'd take PC members who sign up, make them in the game and then they're slowly voted out of the house.

Obviously it'd take some considerable interest though...

Years
Got an idea for a game within a game on PC.

Basically it takes the concept of Big Brother (the tv show) and brings it into Sims 2. I'd take PC members who sign up, make them in the game and then they're slowly voted out of the house.

Obviously it'd take some considerable interest though...

This has many levels of epicness.

I would love to see this and I am happy to work with you on the fundamentals of the idea. :3​

Years
Well that's two people interested I guess, maybe I'll start up a thread tomorrow see what kind of interest we can get.

Would you prefer me to stick it in LPs, Guides and Reviews or just the Video Games section? It would be nice to put it in Other Trivia because it'd probably get infinity times more interest, but I imagine the heavy video game element of the game would mean I couldn't stick it there. :P

Thanks for the offer to help too, Cap. I'll probably need it.

Yuoaman

I don't know who I am either.
Years
You'd probably have to go over it with the moderator of the section in question, while technically it is an LP, it can be argued that Other Trivia would fit the idea just as well.

Years
I would speak to both, BinaryPeaches and Netto Azure. If you PM them and link them here, might be best.

Also, tell them they are more than happy to speak to me about it, as I speak to Binary on MSN at times. :)​

Years
I need a some advice for my Platinum let's play

Ok, so I am doing a pokémon Platinum let's play on YouTube, I am not able to trade so getting alakazam/machamp/gengar, etc is impossible. I am only able to catch in-game pokémon. I am trying to come up with a good balanced yet interesting team to watch me play. I currently have Turtwig, Bidoof, Zubat and Machop (to trade for abra when he is lvl 15). I was thinking of this type of team:
Torterra (Grass/Ground) -> weakness Fly,Fire,Bug and Ice

Crobat (Poison/Flying) -> weakness Electric,Psych, Ice and Rock

Bibarel (Normal/Water) -> weakness Fighting,Grass and Electric

Kadabra (Psychic) -> weakness Ghost, Bug and Dark
OR
Haunter (Poison/Ghost) -> weakness Ghost, Psych, Dark

Magmar (Fire) -> weakness Water, Ground, Rock
OR
Flareon (Fire) -> weakness Water, Ground, Rock
OR
Houndoom (Dark/Fire) -> weakness Water,Fight, Rock and Ground

The sixth slot is still empty, maybe a gyarados (preferably a pokemon that you can catch quite early in the game, I'm at the Valley Windworks). Could you help me decide which fire pokemon and which Sp. attacker (kadabra vs haunter) I should pick?

rave of shaggy

Red Mage
Years
  • Seen Jan 21, 2015
I was thinking of trying a Legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time Sequence Breaker Gameplay.
Basically doing the dungeons out of order using various glitches and tricks

once i get a new computer...the last one broke lol

Years
Ok, so I am doing a pokémon Platinum let's play on YouTube, I am not able to trade so getting alakazam/machamp/gengar, etc is impossible. I am only able to catch in-game pokémon. I am trying to come up with a good balanced yet interesting team to watch me play. I currently have Turtwig, Bidoof, Zubat and Machop (to trade for abra when he is lvl 15). I was thinking of this type of team:
Torterra (Grass/Ground) -> weakness Fly,Fire,Bug and Ice

Crobat (Poison/Flying) -> weakness Electric,Psych, Ice and Rock

Bibarel (Normal/Water) -> weakness Fighting,Grass and Electric

Kadabra (Psychic) -> weakness Ghost, Bug and Dark
OR
Haunter (Poison/Ghost) -> weakness Ghost, Psych, Dark

Magmar (Fire) -> weakness Water, Ground, Rock
OR
Flareon (Fire) -> weakness Water, Ground, Rock
OR
Houndoom (Dark/Fire) -> weakness Water,Fight, Rock and Ground

The sixth slot is still empty, maybe a gyarados (preferably a pokemon that you can catch quite early in the game, I'm at the Valley Windworks). Could you help me decide which fire pokemon and which Sp. attacker (kadabra vs haunter) I should pick?

Just down to personal opinion, Haunter and Houndoom. You could always make that an aspect of your LP. Make it, sort of interactive. You leave the decision up to the viewers, wait a day or so, then go with the majority. :)​

I was thinking of trying a Legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time Sequence Breaker Gameplay.
Basically doing the dungeons out of order using various glitches and tricks

once i get a new computer...the last one broke lol

That would be cool to see. I would enjoy watching that.​

FlameChocobo

Warrior of Hoenn
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 27, 2016
OK! I got 2 questions to ask.

Is it necessary to post a topic on the video game playthrough without commentary and splitting into parts? The only way I can do live audio commentary is if I stream such as Console Games and PC games, because my audio commentary would turn the viewers off if I do this and upload them on to youtube. I was thinking about doing post commentary like Valis77 does, but thanks to shift that I have to work, I can't do post commentary either because I have a relative that will come into my room confused, saying "who are you talking to?" I live with my parents and am at my grand parents house because I have to go to work considering that I can't drive nor ride a bike. So I figured doing the videos with commentary would take a lot of work, especially live commentary.

If I'm doing a boss playthrough on RPG such as Chrono Trigger and Super Mario RPG: Legend of the 7 Stars, is it necessary to post a topic about your RPG boss playthrough? My very first RPG boss playthrough was Pokemon Ruby and Sapphire (which got removed thanks to my fear.) Turn-based RPGs are long and can be annoying to do the whole playthrough because it takes long to get through each segments. For turn-based Strategy such as Fire Emblem, Tactics Ogre, Shining Force, and Final Fantasy Tactics, I'm going to have to do the whole required battles, that means I'm going to not record the video until I grinded enough so that my entire team is strong enough to defeat the enemies and survive.

Thanks.

rave of shaggy

Red Mage
Years
  • Seen Jan 21, 2015
Legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time Sequence Breaker Gameplay sneak preview

Child Quest Route

Spoiler:

DavidBarnes

Forever young.
Years
I am really wanting to do a Pokemon LP, but here's the thing.. I want a partner(s). I was thinking of doing Ruby & having the others do Emerald and Sapphire. Anyone interested at all?

Yuoaman

Years
AARs are great reads, and EU3 is a great game - I'd definitely be interested in following one. Any idea what nation/scenario you'd begin with?

Years
I'm a sucker for playing somewhat horrible nations on easy difficulties, so maybe something like Cyprus, Haasa (a tiny, dirt poor little state on the Persian Gulf coast of Arabia) or Qara Koyunlu (rather small horde nation in Azerbaijan, surrounded by the extremely scary golden horde, the probably even scarier Timurid horde and the Ottomans). Preferably none of these wait-for-centuries-and-then-get-annexed-nations like Kongo or the American natives though. Alternatively, regional powers like Pomerania, Korea or maybe the muslimless muslim states in India (except Sind, who belongs to the "horrible" department for me) on Normal.

Yuoaman

Years
God, you're just asking for punishment, aren't you? And yeah, unless you get extremely lucky with your first European nation you're going to have a bad time as Native American nations.

Years
Hey guys, I've been of Pokecommunity for so long due to a huge backlog and a lack of wanting to do challenges, and college, and stuff. But I'm back. I've just started my own youtube channel where I will be posting Wifi, Pokemon Showdown (its like Pokemon Online for those who don't know) and I'm starting an LP on Monday, I was just wondering what to LP :P I'm feeling Pokemon Leafgreen, but I might blind play a hack. Though I'm going to post narrate, which means their won't be as much silence *hopefully* and I'm cool to check things out whilst recording cause I can crop it in editing. Does anyone have any ideas ?
Thanks in advance :)

Back