• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Will you still play games of the Fourth Generation?

Elaitenstile

I am legend
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Feb 27, 2015
Me and my best friend, we're one of a kind. We loved Platinum, and I honestly thought HGSS and BW were no match for Platinum. True, I love Hoenn, but that doesn't mean I'd stop playing Gen IV games. Also, it's fun to notice that after Gen VI, Gen IV would become nostalgia for a LOT of people. So, other than HGSS, I'd never stop playing em.

Years
Well I will play any generation of Pokémon :) Although Diamond/Pearl has been one of my favourites so far. As I said id play any version as long as its Pokémon haha

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
Years
I'm sure I will grow more and more distant from Sinnoh as time passes, I will definitely still be playing HGSS for a long time. They are , in my opinion, the best Pokemon games to date. But I am picking up really old Pokemon games right now for the first time in years and thoroughly enjoying myself, so I'm sure that I will never let them die.

Firox

eepz, come help pwease!
Years
Not to long ago I started playing the gen 4 games, so I know I won't let go of them anytime soon. Soul Silver just defeated the first gym, Pearl just defeated the 3rd gym. I still haven't finished my gen 5 game either, so I have a long way to go.

No, I won't ever quit playing gen 4 games. They are so addicting.

Twiddle

Stepping on the cracks
Years
I don't think I'll ever be able to stop playing these games. Only when my NDS eventually passes out.

Although it still bothers me that HG/SS have such wild low levels, but it's okay.

twistedpuppy

Siriusly Twisted
Years
  • Seen Jul 18, 2015
Meh...usually when a new game comes out I drop the older one like a used tissue, but 4th Gen has it's RNG purposes, so I'll still use it once in a while. I'm so mean. /dun curr

Inky

:pleading_face:
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen yesterday
Was playing Platinum just last night. 4th Generation was my favourite generation - I don't see myself giving up on it any time soon.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
I rarely ever touch DP, because they run so slowly and it's honestly difficult to go back to them after playing games after their release...hell, it's hard to play them after playing a gen 3 game. They're just THAT slow! But I love Platinum and restarted mine last year, and I love HGSS as well. I mean, I still play games from gen I and II. I don't really give up any gen, and while 4th gen isn't my favorite, it has Platinum and HGSS, and that's all that matters. <3

Years
  • Seen Dec 7, 2013
Of course, I'll still be playing 4th gen games... Especially Pokemon Heart Gold... because I feel comfort by doing such. (Weird, Hey?? :D)

cxd

Years
  • Seen May 2, 2013
Maybe my Platinum, but I won't stop playing HeartGold.

Demon Days

Element of Magic
Years
I'll probably still play Platinum and HG/SS, although D/P will probably be stored and forgotten in the depths of time and space.

Zorogami

WUB WUB
Years
No matter how many new Gens come out, every once in a while I'll always pick up one of the older games and have a run at it again. I like to relive the experiences i had when i played the games for the first time, sometimes it's just for fun, sometimes I'll do a challenge on it just to change up the gameplay

Jaysfinest1

The Original
Years
in all reality, these games would never die, and expecially the heart gold, and SS.

and coming from the old timer, i i remember when gold and silver originally came out (remind you, if you ask any old timer 80% of them will tell you that Gen 1 and 2 we're the greatest out of the games). and these games we're just unimaginable to their extent.

So when red and blue originally came out, these we're the most unique games of it's time.. For playstation you had Final Fantasy 7 and Xenogears.. for game boy, you had pokemon or pacman or bomberman. and pokemon clearly hit the charts destroying everything in it's path. a Unique RPG where you can see your pokemon level up and take them through a journey of a game that takes forever to beat? it was un-herd of for it's time.

When silver and gold hit the market, whole new beginning (with the best pokemon class IMO) and it was amazing, alot more free-space, bigger map, new adventure, new hms tms etc you name it was there. When you got done with the game, game is usually over right? No.. they re-introduced red and blue BACK into the story mode with silver and gold.. there is just no comparsion to it and i wish they would do this with the newer pokemon games as well.

So all in all to your question, these games will never die. EVER.

Bounsweet

Fruit Pokémon
Years
  • Seen Sep 17, 2018
Heck, I even play Red and Blue once in a while.

I play all of the games a lot XD My least-played generation is probably Gen II because of the battery issue, and I only have one working cartridge which sucks because I like trading between my games throughout the storyline to get Pokemon otherwise unobtainable.

But, I still play Gen IV a lot now and plan to do so more in the future when I pick up Battle Revolution.

Years
  • Seen Jul 23, 2023
I will definitely keep playing my SoulSilver. I was really disappointed when I bought Pokemon Black. I honestly can't remember much of the game - story, setting and pokemon. I played the game through once and it too straight forward to enjoy. Couldn't find anything to do after the Elite Four.

You never know, though, the new games could be quite enjoyable. I never had any hopes for Diamond or Pearl. I didn't buy a copy of Diamond until a year and a bit after it was released. When I bought it, I found it was a pretty awesome game. I'm hoping the same for X&Y.

Zorogami

WUB WUB
Years
I was really disappointed when I bought Pokemon Black

I was too, but i think Black2 and White2 made up for that since they are AWESOME!
And I'll pretty much replay every Gen now and then, sometimes for challenges, sometimes for fun.
Heck, sometimes i start playing Red again just to listen to that awesome soundtrack! :D

Back