• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Rival's name and your name

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
Years
So there's a thread on BW2 asking what was your in-game name, your rival's and your Pokemon, so why not here, right? :D

So here it is!

My name: LilJz ( That's my gamer's tag )

Rival: Ethan ( I was lacking in ideas, and I recently watched Chuggaaconroy's LP of Pokemon Crystal where he named his rival Eyan, so I guess I took the idea from there^^)

Pokemon:
Pikachu: Pika (Since it was a female and I preferred Pika for a female Pikachu :) )
And as for the other Pokemon in my team, I didn't name them. I liked their name the way it was.

Years
In my latest playthrough of Platinum:

Spr_Pt_Dawn.png

Me - Nichole (my real name)

Spr_Pt_Barry.png

Rival - Barry (I always use default names for the rival)

Pokemon - I don't usually nickname my Pokemon.

Rainbow Arcanine

now known as aslan
Years
I decided to be a boy in my Platinum playthrough, honestly I found their design cooler and I do have a slight fondness for Lucas. I always found the default names pretty cool so I just stuck with Lucas.

Looking at my rival, the default name immedieately popped in my head, I thought Barry suited him quite well actually :D.I might of called him Ozzy like Superskarmory but that was obviously trashed :I.

For HG Gold since I found the Pokedex Holder version of him hilarious and a cool character. The rival, default name like usual Silver, since I thought it sort of suited him.

Last edited:

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
Years
I named myself the usual - Nathan, while my rival in Johto, Silver.

In Sinnoh again, I was Nathan, and my rival was Lucas (a friend of mine).

Last edited:

Zapperz

colour swapper!
Years
  • Seen Oct 18, 2023
Mines Seth for SS and Jane for Pt.

Rivals though, I use the defaults. Im not great at names

roosterman

Freaking annoying!
Years
my name: i'm not giving my name on the internet, sorry!
rival: tyson (suits him better then barry thats for sure)
pokemon: twiggy! its a shame that everyone else choose that name to though, i was really hoping it would be an original name

Years
Just like any other game that I play, my characters name shared mine (Brendan), and I left the rivals with their default names.

As for my Pokemon, I nicknamed all of them except for the legendaries. My starter in Platinum was a Piplup named Czar, and my HeartGold starter was Cyndaquil, which I named Ty.

Pryze

Straight chillin
Years
As always, I used my own name for myself (Shaun), and a random friend's name for the rival.

weasel king

Cubone Lord and Dragon Master
Years
My name-Black - my name is always Black, I just like the character!

Rival's name- I'm Stupid- HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAH

Pokemon- Here are my names: Cyndaquil-Blitz; Totodile-AquaCroc; Rattata- RatPack; Pidgey-AerialAce; Onix-Rocky; and Bellsprout-KillerVine.

Years
  • Age 24
  • =/
  • Seen Feb 12, 2013
I'd like use the default names.
Me: Lucas
Rival: Barry
P'mon: No nicknames for P'mon because I like default names.

Hyzenthlay

[span=font-size: 16px; font-family: cinzel; color:
Years
Named my character Marlene.

Named my rival Ryan.

My pokémon: Empoleon-Empolia. (I didn't realise it was a girl 'till I got to Sunnyshore City). Luxray-Pheonix, Rapidash-Blaze, Staraptor-Staravia (preferred that name), Gastrodon-Gastro and Rhydon-Baron. I used Rhydon to learn the HM's cut, rockslide, rock smash and strength, as I've posted before.

I ♥ Pokémon Pearl.

Last edited:

Sableye~

Back to PC~
Years
  • Seen Jan 4, 2018
My rival...gosh I can't even remember. I think I went with the default name of Barry. :T

I never nickname my Pokemon, honestly. I made the dumb mistake of nicknaming my Turtiwig "Leaf" once. Now it's a level 70-something Torterra used for breeding and the occasional battle. The nickname no longer fits for the monstrous creature it is.

Years
Anthony.

Yeah I don't even know where that came from tbh...
I played Diamond back in 2007 when I was 12 so I gave my rival quite a seemingly random name lulz.
I can't remember the names for my other games >.> they're much more recent though so they probably have some kind of meaning behind them.

iLoveHate

Hmmmmmm.... :D
Years
My names in the games were:

In Diamond: Diamond
In Pearl: Pearl
In Platinum: Platinum
In HG: Me- Gold, Rival-Silver
In SS: Me-Silver, Rival-Gold

And yes i played them all ^^

The only nickname i used for a Pokemon was:
- HM-slave (Like whooper, machoke :p)

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
Years
In Platinum:
My name: Lisa
Rival's name: Terry
My team:
Richter the Empoleon
Lisa the Persian
Shari the Dusknoir
Ashley the Crobat
Kimberly the Flygon
Vince the Jolteon

And yes, I realize that my trainer and Persian are both named Lisa. This is completely intentional.

Years
I always choose to be female and call myself Graham. There's a long backstory to Graham who is a time traveller who loses all memories of her past travels when her head normally hits a rock. Occasionally she loses all powers to speak as well although in Skyrim the only language she spoke was Dovah. She's been everything from the Commander of N7 to Dragonborn to well...a Pokemon trainer.

I get very bored...

My rival's name in D/P/Pt was Steve and in HG/SS it was Rain after my dog. Lol.

Years
My name is always "Sean" (from Mr. Connery, and his 007-movies).
Rival's name is always "Mike" (Just a random found name...)

And I don't give a nickname to my Pokémon's

Back