• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Sweethearts Challenge [WINNERS ANNOUNCED!]

Status
Not open for further replies.

twistedpuppy

Siriusly Twisted
Years
  • Seen Jul 18, 2015
Trade Corner's
Sweethearts Challenge

complete_set__scraps__by_ladydeven-d5665k8.gif
Introduction
Smooch! Welcome to Trade Corner's Sweethearts Challenge. In commemoration of Valentine's Day, Trade Corner is doing it's very first Sweetheart's Challenge. Unlike other challenges done in the past where each individual member's entry was judged solo, this challenge requires member's to work in teams of two. Both team members will submit a total of two Pokémon and each member must be responsible for catching/breeding one of the entries. The team's entries will be judged based on creativity and collaboration. The winning team will be crowned Trade Corner's Sweethearts! Good luck to you all!

Rules of Attraction
The Challenge begins Feb. 1, 2013 and ends Feb. 17, 2013 11:59pm EST.
The winning team will be announced on February 18, 2013.
Using an external device or program to hack your entry will not be permitted.
When submitting your entries, include a legality analysis from Pokécheck. For details on how to submit a legality analysis, please review the information found in this thread.
Entry submissions without a legality analysis will be invalid.
Any member found hacking their submission will be disqualified and barred from future challenges.
Any member found to have copied or claimed another member's Pokémon and/or description as their own entry will be disqualified and barred from future challenges.
If your teammate has either withdrawn, been disqualified, or gone inactive, you may enter another entry bred or caught by yourself or proceed with just one submission.
IMPORTANT! Your partner MUST confirm your declaration in order for your entry to be counted. See below for the declaration and confirmation forms.
Last, but not least, have fun!

Submission Form
When submitting your team's entries, please follow this form:

Sweethearts: [your and your teammate's username]

Species: [Pokémon]
OT: [Your username]
Nickname: [If not applicable, remove from form.]
Shiny: [Y/N]
Trait: [Ability]
Level: [###]
IVs: [x | x | x | x | x | x ]
EVs: [x | x | x | x | x | x ]
Moves: [xxxx, xxxx, xxxx, xxxx]
Legality Analysis: [Link or screenshot]
Species: [Pokémon]
OT: [Your Sweetheart's username]
Nickname: [If not applicable, remove from form.]
Shiny: [Y/N]
Trait: [Ability]
Level: [###]
IVs: [x | x | x | x | x | x ]
EVs: [x | x | x | x | x | x ]
Moves: [xxxx, xxxx, xxxx, xxxx]
Legality Analysis: [Link or screenshot]

Description: [Should be at least 1 short paragraph. Minimum 140 characters.]​

Declaration/Confirmation Forms
If you want to participate, either you or your partner need to complete the form below:

I, [your username], declare my sweetheart to be [teammate's username]! now kith

Your partner needs to confirm by posting the following:

I, [your username], am proud to be [teammate's username]'s sweetheart!

Prizes
Emblems of course!
Idj2dCc.png

Participation Emblem
E9Iguqp.png

Sweethearts Emblem

Last edited:

Gonzo

RNG Sommelier
Years
I, Gonz0, declare my sweetheart to be Keiran777!

(and since I've posted that, and keiran already has the data for my part of entry, I can go for my hiatus, take care peeps!)

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
I, Sydian, am proud to be [supporter]NecrumWarrior[/supporter]'s sweetheart! :)

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
Years
I, TwilightBlade, am proud to be Mac's sweetheart!

I just thought I'd RNG it by now. -so unhappy with myself sob cry snort-

Keiran

[b]Rock Solid[/b]
Years
I, Gonz0, declare my sweetheart to be Keiran777!

(and since I've posted that, and keiran already has the data for my part of entry, I can go for my hiatus, take care peeps!)

I, Keiran, am proud to be Gonzo's sweetheart.

When can we post our submissions, by the way?

Cordelia

Banned
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Nov 21, 2014
Sweethearts: ♥ Mac & TwilightBlade ♥

029.gif
007.png

Species: Nidoran ♀
OT: Prim
Nickname: Lilith
Shiny: N
Trait: Hustle
Level: 58
IVs: [ 31 | 1 | 31 | 31 | 31 | 31 ]
Moves: [ Flatter, Crunch, Captivate, Poison Fang ]
Legality Analysis: Pokecheck
032.gif
496.png

Species: Nidoran♂
OT: Moxxi
Nickname: Roland
Shiny: N
Trait: Rivalry
Level: 12
IVs: [ 31 | 30 | 30 | 31 | 31 | 31 ]
Moves: [ Leer, Peck, Focus Energy, Double Kick]
Legality Analysis: Pokecheck

Lilith specializes in utilizing the elements and disorienting foes. By using her hidden trait, she becomes invisible, invincible, and can quickly enter and exit the fray. She's powerful, confident, and boastful. To some degree, she considers herself as a god of sorts. Although she's traveled through the galaxy to learn more of her mysterious heritage, she has never kissed a boy until...

On a bus. A group of misfits boarded a bus, which is driving through a desolate wasteland of a planet, the Badlands. Just what drawn these strangers to hop on the bus? An ex-soldier, Roland, sits across from Lilith...

Roland is proficient in non-elemental attacks, but can also support and strengthen his teammate. He is known for using his turret to obliterate foes. He's quiet and can be incredibly blunt since he has poor social skills. However, he is one of the most virtuous and stable individuals, which is saying a lot, considering the barbarous environment. There were many alluring qualities about him, but to simply kiss a stranger, just because... Would it ever become something more? Affection? Love?

As the two spend more time with each other, they balance each other a little bit more. Lilith becomes a tad more shy, and Roland becomes a tad more reckless. Lilith attempts to flirt and/or play hard to get. She is even adorkable at times when she cannot find the right words to say to him. She leaves Roland confused, but he has come to accept more people, all sorts of crazy characters. Although he dislikes publicity, he rises as the group leader. They work well together in taking down the most fascist jerk in the region. An ultimate sacrifice...

Say not in grief: "He is no more." but live in thankfulness that he was.

Last edited:

Keiran

[b]Rock Solid[/b]
Years
Star-crossed Lovers
Gonz0 & Keiran777

337.gif
337.gif

007.png
Pluto Charon
576.png

Timid Gentle
31/22/30/31/31/31 9/23/21/3/5/20
Gravity / AncientPower Gravity / Moonlight
Hidden Power / Earth Power Icy Wind / Helping Hand
OT: Gonzo OT: Sagan

"Pluto is interesting because it's fixed on its moon, Charon, and they rotate around each other, constantly staring at each other affectionately, which is kind of a beautiful metaphor but I think that's one of the reasons why it was demoted. Because I think now to be a proper planet you have to command the authority of others and because the moon and Pluto are sort of existentially attached as equals neither of them can be considered a planet. [Pauses] Sad, but true."
-Sufjan Stevens on why Pluto had to be a dwarf

While Gonzo and I were coming up with ideas a few weeks ago for this challenge, I linked him the above quote (a personal favorite) and we immediately fell in love with the idea. In the arguably infinite vastness of space, and among the arguably infinite amount of solar systems, two satellites have found their way to each other. They do not care if the other is verdant or barren, heavily cratered or otherwise, they attract one another. Eventually, they may be engulfed by a sun or absorbed into a black hole, either way becoming one. In this way, their bond is eternal. People may die, planets may be destroyed, but their journey together throughout the cosmos transcends time and physicality.

Unconditional love is the best kind, and that is why we chose it.

P.S. Charon's IVs are Gonz0 and my birthdates + age. Which turned out to be HP Ice. Yay for fitting with the theme.

Pluto LA
Charon LA

twistedpuppy

Siriusly Twisted
Years
  • Seen Jul 18, 2015
Wonderful entries by both teams! Remember my lovelies, today is your last day to enter your submissions. Don't miss your chance. Good luck!

masaru3

Chespin, I choose you!
Years

Sweethearts: masaru3 and Pink Mommy!

Casimir

475.gif

Species: Gallade
OT: Andre (masaru3)
Nickname: Casimir
Shiny: No
Trait: Justified
Nature: Brave
Level: 40
Moves: Psycho Cut, Healing Pulse, Helping Hand, Protect
Held Item: Sweet Heart
134.png

Legality Analysis: Pokécheck

Juliana

282.gif

Species: Gardevoir
OT: VIANEY (Pink Mommy)
Nickname: JULIANA
Trait: Synchronize
Nature: Quiet
Level: 40
Moves: Healing Wish, Mean Look, Grudge, Attract
Held Item: Sweet Heart
134.png

Legality Analysis: Pokécheck

My Life For Yours

After loosing various pokémon contest, poor Gardevoir Juliana was abandoned in the forest by her beloved trainer.
She'd always known her loyalty was with him, and she would have even given up her life for him but… what happens when your master is the one who decides to leave?
Time went by in a haze, and she'd been alone for so long that her grief had turned into hatred. That was when she stumbled upon one of the cruelest pokémon trainers in Sinnoh.
She was beaten up almost unconscious by a vicious Banette, yet still refused to stay in the pokéball. That was when the trainer sent him out…
Casimir, a poor Gallade obtained in a trade while still a Kirlia and forced to evolve almost immediately. His eyes were dull and sunken, and his bladed arms sported the same scars that she now had in her delicate arms.
At the sight of her, Casimir fell in love, but he knew that helping his trainer to catch her would be condemning her to the hell the he was living in now.
He refused to attack, which sent his master in frenzy. No longer caring if he was able to catch her or not, he ordered the Banette to attack Juliana, just for the sake of having his way.
Casimir bravely stood between them. He couldn't attack his master, but he wasn't going to let them harm her either. Like a statue made of stone, he held his ground while the vicious Banette's claws dug in his skin. He wouldn't leave her alone, because his telepathy had shown him her past.
She was a Contestant, raised to amuse and entertain, but not to fight. She couldn't even protect herself.
The Banette finally brought him to his knees, then lashed out to her. It was then that Casimir decided he had had enough.
With the speed acquired from years of horrible training, he stroke out, bringing the Banette down with one hit. Still, he wouldn't hurt his master.
He carried the wounded Juliana, though he could hardly move himself, and took her to a safe place. It was then that Juliana made a wish.
She swore to stay at his side forever, if he would only live to be with her.​

Last edited:

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Sweethearts: [supporter]NecrumWarrior[/supporter] and Sydian
♥ ♥ ♥

359.gif

Species: Absol
OT: Necrum (NecrumWarrior)
Nickname: Aladdin
Nature: Naughty
Trait: Super Luck
Level: 30

IVs: 4/31/27/6/19/31
Moves: [ Aerial Ace, Double Team, Swagger, Thief ]
Legality Analysis
282.gif

Species: Gardevoir
OT: Cedric (Sydian)
Nickname: Jasmine
Nature: Sassy
Shiny: Yes
Trait: Synchronize
Level: 30

IVs: 31/31/31/31/31/31
Moves: [ Psychic, Frustration, Substitute, Attract ]
Legality Analysis

Jasmine is a beautiful, flawless, shining star of a princess. Aladdin is a street rat and a Thief. What an awful combination, some might say. But one shouldn't underestimate their circumstances! Jasmine is Sassy and has Frustration with her father for trying to set her up with all these dopey Gallade princes. I mean sure, she's Attractive, but she doesn't want these fancy rich guys that are in it for her looks or the rights to the throne. She wants a real love. Meanwhile, Aladdin is out being a cunning Thief. He evades his captors at every turn, and confounds them with his Swagger. One day, Aladdin happened upon Thundurus by chance, and was granted 3 wishes. He used these wishes to get closer to Jasmine, and launched a grand adventure that eventually brought the star crossed lovers together. By luck these two were destined to meet, even if fate wouldn't allow it.

"Let me share this whole world with you."

tumblr_m6nmc0dFba1r4a40go2_500.gif

Last edited:

tabor62

[b][color=#CADB5A]W[/color][color=#C8DA4F]h[/color
Years

♥tabor62 & Iloveeevee♥

133.gif

Species: Eevee
OT: Tabor
Nickname: EV♥
Trait: Anticipation
Level: 1
IVs: 31/31/31/31/31/31
EVs: 0/0/0/0/0/0
Moves: Helping Hand - Stored Power - Yawn - Hidden Power
Legality Analysis: https://www.pokecheck.org/?p=detail&uid=3602644
530.gif

Species: Excadrill
OT: EV♥
Nickname: ShadowE
Trait: Sand Rush
Level: 100
IVs: 31/31/31/29/30/31
EVs: 6/252/0/0/0/252
Moves: Rock slide - Shadow Claw - Earthquake - Swords Dance
Legality Analysis: https://www.pokecheck.org/?pk=3146988

Description
They were an unlikely pair, both from different lands, and both with different stories; but the two of them had one thing in common, care for each other. It had all started when a wandering Eevee had shown up in the Giant Chasm. When ShadowE saw her being chased by the other Pokemon, he saw her fragility, and in his anger he suddenly stepped in and swatted the Golbat and Piloswine aside in a single swipe. The Eevee watched in fear as the Excadrill drew closer to her. As he reached out towards her, she closed her eyes and braced for the worse; but was surprised by his warm and gentle touch. Thus he became a guardian and a friend to the wandering Eevee. EV♥ looked at her unlikely savior; he appeared to be a large unruly beast with no regard for manner and the like. However, upon further inspection, she could see the love and care reflected in his eyes. As she spent more time with her unlikely companion, they gradually warmed up to one another. ShadowE was rejected by for being too kind, while EV♥ had wandered after her family had kicked her out, believing her alternate coloring to be bad luck.

The Excadrill was unsure how to act around the Eevee. He had lived alone and in a cave for most of his life. So he acted the way he had always acted, fairly rough. The Eevee seeing this, reprimanded him. She explained to him that behavior such as this was unbecoming of a gentleman such as himself and took great lengths to educate him in the like. He had some difficulty adjusting, but his new behavior satisfied EV♥. Living with one another, time flew, like wind blowing through the pages of a good novel.

A year had passed, and neither had been more content than they had ever been for their entire lives. Yet, ShadowE felt something else, something deeper than any friendship; but he was confused. What was this feeling inside? This warm and fuzzy feeling he got when he was around EV♥. He didn't know yet, but he would find out. One morning shortly after, as they lay there watching the clouds roll by, he rolled over and told her "I want to be with you for the rest of our lives. I want to be able to be with you and to be able to call you mine." She suddenly bolted off, her entire head like a tomato despite having completely white fur. Startled, ShadowE chased after her, clumsily tripping over rocks in his confusion. Had he said something wrong? As he approached the spot where EV♥ was standing, something happened. She was suddenly engulfed in a blinding light. Suddenly, instead of an Eevee, there stood a majestic Espeon. ShadowE blushed, realizing she was as beautiful as her personality. She softly walked over to ShadowE, still a bright crimson; which is fairly difficult as she was green; and said "I want to spend the rest of my life with you too, until death do us part." They embraced and slowly pulled apart looking each other in the eyes. They both wore a small smile on their lips as they walked off towards the future.

~The Third Wheel

Last edited:

twistedpuppy

Siriusly Twisted
Years
  • Seen Jul 18, 2015
WOW! So many great entries! All of you guys and gals did a spectacular job! Thank you everyone for making this challenge awesome! I certainly had a tough time making a decision. And although I would like to name all of you Trade Corner's Sweethearts, there can only be one pair...
The winning team of Trade Corner's Sweetheart's Challenge is:
♥ masaru3 and Pink Mommy ♥

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back