• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon X and Y anime speculations

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
Hmm... it does look like James might have been aiming it at Froakie to begin with but Garchomp got in the way. But they also spoke about Garchomp and megaevolution so it could be either or. Regardless I'll be okay with either.

Serena with a Talonflame (if Fletchling evolves. The beginning bird always does so regardless who gets Fletchling it probably will) and Fennekin isn't too hard to see. It certainly won't be the first time someone gets two Pokemon of the same typing. Especially one of Ash's companions (See... basically all his companions except Cilan who has had two Pokemon sharing at type during at least one point). Regardless it looks like Ash is getting Froakie which I am legit really happy about. ♥

It does look like that Serena is talking to someone. However, the way that Fletchling flaps down onto her head and speak out when she does suggests that its her Fletchling since I don't quite thing the person's Fletchling (whomever she is talking to) would do such a thing so casual. Then again I might be wrong.

Too lazy to quote but don't think it's hard which post I am responding to.

Years
  • Seen Nov 13, 2019
I hope Pokemon XY Series goes back to its original theme !!!
When Pokemon first started , It was about an Underdog called Ash Ketchum overcoming all obstacle and reaching the Top .
Brock & Misty's Role was to help Ash overcome all the obstacle he face's .
That's Why Original Kento Series was more Popular despite Misty not having a ''Stable Goal'' & Nobody knew what Breeder like Brock actually does !!!
Because Brock & Misty had a important Role , Not some Big ass Goal !!!
Because ROLE > GOAL !!!

Now Pokemon trying to use ''Exploring'' as a theme and that why the show is going downhill .
Because Kids doesn't give a damn care about Ash exploring the Pokemon World for them , They can do it themself .
''Exploring The Pokemon World'' isn't a Theme , Its a Dirty excuse to write the show with No story plot !!!
The Failure of ''Pokemon Best Wish 2 Da Journey'' is enough to prove my theory . The First 4 episode didn't even make to TV-Tokyo's weekly Top Ten Anime Rate chart .

Because ,
-Writer tries to use exploring as theme , So They doesn't have a plot .
-Since they doesn't have plot , They can't give the character important Role .
-And since All the character's doesn't have Role , They doesn't developed enough .

Every single problem Pokemon is facing because they chose the WRONG THEME !!!

Years
  • Seen Nov 13, 2019
For Once I like Pokemon to be like one of those Series Where Protagonist is almost unbeatable yet he face Basass rivals & Breath-taking challenges.
Like ''Yakitake Japan'' , ''Yugioh'', "Prince Of Tennis'' Or ''Idaten Jump'' !!!
Those Anime are pretty Popular even though the Protagonist hardly lose and even if sometime they lose ,They lose only to people who were special & had far greater experience then the protagonist.
Yet it felt like those Anime were more ''Challenging'' then Pokemon & Those Anime had far better rivals then Pokemon ever had !!!
''Yakitake Japan'' was aimed toward Kids .
Believe me or not , My 10 year old Cousin loved watching ''Prince of Tennis'' more then ''Pokemon'' .

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
About 1 year ago , None of us would believe that anyone from the Main Cast can catch a fully evolve & fully loaded Dragonite . Which Iris did !

Fully evolved, I believe has been caught by Main Cast before. So that's not that surprising. When Dragonite was shown a lot of people expected Iris to catch it. Before Dragonite was shown, people expected Iris to catch a fully evolved Dragon, so I don't quite get where you have come up with no one expected, when a lot of people expected her to do just what she did.

Before BW Series , Noone would believe that Ash can lose to a complete rookie 3 time in row after all the development he got from DP .

3 rookies? I definitely don't remember him losing to many rookies in either Hoenn or Sinnoh while he was in control of Pokemon from the past. When he had brand new Pokemon that is to be expected. His battle against Shootie was handicapped and based on how Shootie conducted battle, you cannot call him a rookie. If you were referring to Paul for the Sinnoh Rookie, he was no way a rookie. He battled in leagues before he returned home to Sinnoh to compete in that league. Like Ash, Paul is a seasoned amateur.

Before Unova League , Nobody thought writer could make such a pathetic league conference.
You apparently don't watch the anime that much. The League conferences are always terrible. Every last one is just horrible. So please stop using your personal opinion as a fact and speak only for yourself. They've always been horrible and no one I talk to on a daily basis expected anything but what ended up happening.

Before Battle Frontier , Nobody believe that Ash will someday defect a Legendary Pokemon .

Learn to spell please. Its defeat which he has done before. It may have been in movies, but he has done it. And Articuno is a very weak legendary Pokemon. Its one that is not considered over powered and only a Legend because of how rare it is. It doesn't have an actual legend surrounding it. It would have been laughable if Ash had lost to it.

But all this happen , Didn't it !!!
Compare to it , Ash catching a Fossil Pokemon doesn't seen that impossible !!!

No it doesn't seem possible at all. I don't see Ash ever getting a Fossil Pokemon. He hasn't ever gotten one and I don't see that changing. A lot of people that I talk to don't see that happening either. But this is an OPINION. If he gets one I see him getting Amaura over Tyrunt.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Nov 13, 2019
Fully evolved, I believe has been caught by Main Cast before. So that's not that surprising. When Dragonite was shown a lot of people expected Iris to catch it. Before Dragonite was shown, people expected Iris to catch a fully evolved Dragon, so I don't quite get where you have come up with no one expected, when a lot of people expected her to do just what she did.

People didn't expected Iris to catch a full evolve Dragonite , They expect her to catch a Dratini!!
People started talking about Iris having a Dragonite when the episode title for Junior Cup aired which summarize that Iris using a Dragonite against Gerogia.

3 rookies? I definitely don't remember him losing to many rookies in either Hoenn or Sinnoh while he was in control of Pokemon from the past. When he had brand new Pokemon that is to be expected. His battle against Shootie was handicapped and based on how Shootie conducted battle, you cannot call him a rookie. If you were referring to Paul for the Sinnoh Rookie, he was no way a rookie. He battled in leagues before he returned home to Sinnoh to compete in that league. Like Ash, Paul is a seasoned amateur.
I said ''Beaten By A Rookie 3 time in a Row'' !!!
See , I said ''A Rookie'' .
The first battle may be handicapped but the later 2 battle wasn't !!
Both Ash & Trip using Pokemon they currently caught accept Ash has Pokemon Pikachu who had more experience then all Trip Pokemon .
After all experience & Development Ash got , Its unacceptable for to be beaten by a rookie with 3 month experience this badly!!!
The experience & Development Ash got from his rivalry with Paul , Was enough to beat 10 Trip.
But again , I guess Everything Fair for other but nothing fair for Ash!!!

You apparently don't watch the anime that much. The League conferences are always terrible. Every last one is just horrible. So please stop using your personal opinion as a fact and speak only for yourself. They've always been horrible and no one I talk to on a daily basis expected anything but what ended up happening.
Just because You along find all League conference terrible doesn't everybody think same !!!
They are Majority of People who loved Sinnoh League , Hoenn League & Jotho League .
''League Conference'' always been the best part of the show !
We knew that Ash not going win this time ether .
But most of actually hope for Decent Battle like the previous series .
But This time , The League was more focus on how good other people are .
2 episode were wasted in showing how strong Trip's serperior is in excuse of ''Suspense'' .
Another one waste on IRIS'S STUPID AXEW!!!
The only decent battle the whole League had was Ash Vs Stephan .
Trust me , People knew Ash won't gonna win but they were expect the League to be as good as Other League conference .

Learn to spell please. Its defeat which he has done before. It may have been in movies, but he has done it. And Articuno is a very weak legendary Pokemon. Its one that is not considered over powered and only a Legend because of how rare it is. It doesn't have an actual legend surrounding it. It would have been laughable if Ash had lost to it.
You didn't watched the movie !
Because Ash Never Beaten A Legendary In a Movie !!!
He Battle them but he never won against then.
And Who told you Articuno is Weak Legendary Pokemon.
Because if I remember correctly , Articuno's pretty strong & Fast .
Just because You along think Articuno's weak just because it lost to Ash's charizard doesn't make Articuno weak.

No it doesn't seem possible at all. I don't see Ash ever getting a Fossil Pokemon. He hasn't ever gotten one and I don't see that changing. A lot of people that I talk to don't see that happening either. But this is an OPINION. If he gets one I see him getting Amaura over Tyrunt.
There a lot of thing people doesn't see but it happen !!!
So It completely Possible for Ash to get a Fossil Pokemon from a Professor.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Nov 13, 2019
I wonder if the Anime will try to Promote ''Roller Skate'' !
If it does then I hope it would a episode where Ash & One of his Arch-rival has to ''Roller Skate''.
Both of them Drag about being best at Roller Skating .
Then both of them start ''Smirking'' at each other as they wear the Roller Skate .
It felt like there going to be exciting match but the moment they will took their first step in Roller Skating , This will happen----
Spoiler:

Man , I miss the time when Pokemon was as hilarious & Bizarre as Ranma 1/2 Or Sgt Frog !!!
There is a new trailer!!

http://youtu.be/-DPulIQYTv4

So, Ash has a Vivillion ? Or this Vivillion is Viola's and Ash owns a Fletchling? hmm

So , Ash could have something fitting like Litleo Or Pyroar but Writer couldn't just let go of that ''Regional Bird'' rule !!!
Ash better get a Tyrunt because there is also a ''Godzila-like Pokemon'' /''Big Jaw Pokemon''/''T-rex like Pokemon'' rule . (I don't know a fitng name )

Years
  • Seen Nov 13, 2019
I wish XY gym to be like the game where player has pass though various Maze , Trap & Gym trainer before battling the Gym Leader .
I mean In Best Wishs , Both Ash & Cilan Criticize Skyla ''Air Battle'' But I support it because She was RIGHT .
Think about it ,In One day 15 trainer came to battle her and One Good battle worn out all her Pokemon .
How can she Or Any Gym Leader battle 15 trainer in one day ???
It impossible and illogical !!!
Therefore ,
I believe it totally logical for Anime's gym to have Maze , Trap & Gym trainer to test A Trainer worth before he Or She can challenge the Gym Leader .
The Game did the logical thing.
Plus , It might be fun to see Ash to use his brain to solve various maze in order to get to the gym-Leader rather then challenging the gym-leader directly .

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
Fletchling is likely Ash's because Viola will be specializing in Bug-Type Pokemon. So he will be getting the regional bird. This does not deter the fact that he can catch another Fire type. When I said most of his companions have had two Pokemon of the same time it goes for Ash as well. Unova is the biggest example of this for Ash. Oshawott/Palpitoad, Snivy/Leavanny, Pignite/Charizard, Scraggy/Krookodile.

Which also might mean that the Fletchling is Serena's but Ash is borrowing it. Or that the Fletchling is Ash's and it flew onto Serena's head. Or some third possibility.

Oh also I really really like that 'Ash vs Clemont' thing with Pikachu and Bunnelby in the picture kind of like in the game. It just looks really neat imo.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Nov 13, 2019
I don't want Team Rocket to be serious .
But I do wish if James could play a Dual role of Ash's Rival & a Primary Villain.
Like How Jessie did .
I believe That Jessie , James & Meowth are good people who're trying to be bad guy's !!!
That's why The Serious Team Rocket didn't work Out .
I think , The Original plan was for them to build a good Friendship with Ash But the show keep drag on .

In other word , Its doesn't matter if Team Rocket is serious Or funny because both will suck if Pokemon keep going endless.

However , If Kalo is the final journey then it would better if Team Rocket remain funny and the show leading them to a friendship with Ash.
The Main reason funny Team Rocket didn't work out in DP series because they relationship with Ash didn't progress.
Writer must focus on the relationship & funny chemistry between Ash & Team Rocket

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
People didn't expected Iris to catch a full evolve Dragonite , They expect her to catch a Dratini!!
People started talking about Iris having a Dragonite when the episode title for Junior Cup aired which summarize that Iris using a Dragonite against Gerogia.

No..When the info about the Dragonite first surfaces a lot of fans immediately said she'd catch it. Even before then fans said she's catch a fully evolved Dragon Type Pokemon. One of which being Hydreigon and Haxorus.

I said ''Beaten By A Rookie 3 time in a Row'' !!!
See , I said ''A Rookie'' .
The first battle may be handicapped but the later 2 battle wasn't !!
Both Ash & Trip using Pokemon they currently caught accept Ash has Pokemon Pikachu who had more experience then all Trip Pokemon .
After all experience & Development Ash got , Its unacceptable for to be beaten by a rookie with 3 month experience this badly!!!
The experience & Development Ash got from his rivalry with Paul , Was enough to beat 10 Trip.
But again , I guess Everything Fair for other but nothing fair for Ash!!!

Again, read what I JUST SAID. Shootie/Trip was NO WAY A ROOKIE. He conducted his battles WAY better than any rookie they've ever shown in the anime. He may have been an amateur but he was in no way, shape, or form a rookie. Even still, first battle Ash had a handicap against him with his Pikachu losing half its attacking power and the Snivy had a level 16 move on it. Second battle, Trip had more Pokemon, more experience and could not be called a rookie by then. The boy was an exceedingly talented trainer. Look at how well he was doing at the end when his Serperior was practically dominating everything.

Just because You along find all League conference terrible doesn't everybody think same !!!
They are Majority of People who loved Sinnoh League , Hoenn League & Jotho League .
''League Conference'' always been the best part of the show !
We knew that Ash not going win this time ether .
But most of actually hope for Decent Battle like the previous series .
But This time , The League was more focus on how good other people are .
2 episode were wasted in showing how strong Trip's serperior is in excuse of ''Suspense'' .
Another one waste on IRIS'S STUPID AXEW!!!
The only decent battle the whole League had was Ash Vs Stephan .
Trust me , People knew Ash won't gonna win but they were expect the League to be as good as Other League conference .

Try to practice what you preach. YOU find it horrible this time around. I personally know more people that liked the Unova one more than Sinnoh's league. To me it was as good as every league conference before it and by that I mean they were all horrible. This is an opinionated statement. Try realizing what an opinion is and stop trying to push things you want to say and believe off as facts.

You didn't watched the movie !
Because Ash Never Beaten A Legendary In a Movie !!!
He Battle them but he never won against then.
And Who told you Articuno is Weak Legendary Pokemon.
Because if I remember correctly , Articuno's pretty strong & Fast .
Just because You along think Articuno's weak just because it lost to Ash's charizard doesn't make Articuno weak.

While he didn't physically dominate them, he stopped the fighting of all the legends he had come into contact with. He changes Mewtwo's way of thinking and stopped him from destroying the world. That means he beat him. He calmed the three birds down and allowed Lugia time to fix the damage done. He and his Charizard fought on par with Entei in the movie and made him stop attacking to protect Molly from the Unown. He beat Celebi who was in a rage and created a giant monster. He did beat the legendary Pokemon in the movies, whether you personally think he did or not means absolutely nothing as he stopped them and lived happily ever after.

Yes Articuno is actually pretty weak even in the anime. All the birds are. The only one of them that even has a real legend in the anime is Moltres and that's only for the league conferences. As a Legendary Pokemon they are weak. Look at the others that compare to them, Darkrai dominated the Sinnoh league. It took Ash almost all of his team to take it down, and then he lost again to another legendary Pokemon. They were stronger than Articuno. Ash even beats the three Regis if I remember correctly but they were all losing to Regigigas. You could say it was because of Brandon's orders, but Ash's team still managed to beat them as well.

There a lot of thing people doesn't see but it happen !!!
So It completely Possible for Ash to get a Fossil Pokemon from a Professor.
No its still not completely possible for Ash to get a Fossil. He never has and most likely he never will. Its not a type of Pokemon he would be seen using. Your opinion he can use it, but not only me, but others in here have also said that they cannot see him using it.

Team Rocket won't ever be friendly with Ash either. They are the main Antagonist. They are bad guys and do bad things for their own self pleasure. They may do good things from time to time but this is when it benefits them. If they work with Ash, they'll do it because there is more serious trouble brewing than they want to handle. They'd turn around and attack him as soon as the trouble ended.

As for Fletchling. One of the new titles is Froakie vs Fletchling. I can see Ash catching one. I mean its not like Ash didn't own a Pokemon owned by another Main Character before. I believe he's even had his out at the same time as the other Main Character has had theirs out at least once. May's Bulbasaur and Ash's Bulbasaur met in one episode while he was doing the Frontier challenge if I remember correctly. Its not out of the question since he always has a flying type on his team.

I don't really see any major changes happening to the anime. It all ends the same way and is practically the same story over and over with new setting and interactions with characters.

Guy

just a guy
Years
From the new trailer, it looks like its almost a sure thing that Ash will catch Fletching. Not that I'm disappointed by that, but I was actually hoping Serena would have had one on her team as to break the trend; even if it meant having two Fire types on her team.

I also really like the VS animation they have similar to the games. I wouldn't make it if that became a recurring theme for all important battles.

On another note, Vivillion looks gorgeous in the anime! It only cements my feelings of having on in the games and hoping Serena or anyone on the main cast catches one.

Try to practice what you preach. YOU find it horrible this time around. I personally know more people that liked the Unova one more than Sinnoh's league. To me it was as good as every league conference before it and by that I mean they were all horrible. This is an opinionated statement. Try realizing what an opinion is and stop trying to push things you want to say and believe off as facts.
Seriously? Not that doubting you or arguing against you as it's all a matter of opinion, I'm just surprised you know more people who preferred the Unova league to the one in Sinnoh. I just hope the Kalos League is nothing like the one in Unova.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
Seriously? Not that doubting you or arguing against you as it's all a matter of opinion, I'm just surprised you know more people who preferred the Unova league to the one in Sinnoh. I just hope the Kalos League is nothing like the one in Unova.

Its about 20 people, but yes, so far unova series has been a fan favorite for most of the people I associate with on a daily basis. Some, like barely any really share my fairly negative view of the anime. Majority have exceedingly high hopes for X and Y outside of the videogames.

Most of the girls I know are hoping Serena is a real love interest for Ash what with them pulling childhood friends act. They expect her to get Fenniken and showcase a "beauty" themed team though they don't seem to support her having a clear goal. Most are demanding she catch furfrou.

Years
I wanted Ash to get Fennekin. :( Why everyone is saying that Serena is going to get one?

Anyway, I really like the battle animation. I think they will stop doing this http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m0wdpvcQGm1r84emlo1_r1_500.gif (the blue background) and the attacks will look more natural, you know. :)

Also, please stop comparing every Pokemon serie with the BW one. One thing I liked a lot from Unova was the characters Cilan and Iris. I am going to miss them in X&Y. :( I will be mad if Bonnie turns out to be an annoying little sister lol I think Serena is Ash's best friend from his (early) childhood and her family moved from Pallet town to go to Kalos and now they meet again :) That's my theory haha

Last edited:

Wobbu

bunger bunger bunger bunger
Years
No screenshot because I'm in a hurry, but you can see Alexa with Helioptile when Ash is battling Viola in the greenhouse Gym (1:08) during the newest trailer. I don't know of any news about her role in the upcoming series, but it looks like she'll be tagging along during that episode.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
I wanted Ash to get Fennekin. :( Why everyone is saying that Serena is going to get one?

Anyway, I really like the battle animation. I think they will stop doing this http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m0wdpvcQGm1r84emlo1_r1_500.gif (the blue background) and the attacks will look more natural, you know. :)

Also, please stop comparing every Pokemon serie with the BW one. One thing I liked a lot from Unova was the characters Cilan and Iris. I am going to miss them in X&Y. :( I will be mad if Bonnie turns out to be an annoying little sister lol I think Serena is Ash's best friend from his (early) childhood and her family moved from Pallet town to go to Kalos and now they meet again :) That's my theory haha

It looks as if Serena had gotten Fennekin (if she gets one) and Ash is seen with Froakie a lot so it looks as if Ash gets Froakie. I think there is an episode where Ash uses Froakie to battle against a Fletchling so I think this is where we are getting a lot of this info.

Its all based on title name though. There was one trailer of Ash carrying an injured Froakie and we know he always ends up with the injured Pokemon he carries into a Pokemon Center.

Years
  • Seen Nov 13, 2019
I never get How the Director/Writer head work when its come to marketing & Promoting .
For example , Starter always being the most Marketable & BW game introduce ''Triple Battle'' !!!
So , Wouldn't it been a good idea to have a ''Triple Battle Tournament'' In Unova Which Ash win's using his Unova Starter to promote ''Triple Battle'' & advertise Unova Starter ???
But BW Series completely ignore ''Triple Battle'' and made stupid 1 on 1 Tournament that Ash wasn't allow to win and I have no idea what kind of Marketing any of those Tournament did !!!
Ya Now They might try ''Triple Battle Tournament'' in XY Series but with other trainer who caught all 3 Kalo starter Because I don't think Ash getting 3 Kalo starter .
It let me Wonder , Does Writer/Director really does everything for Marketing & Promote stuff Or they simply love Tormenting Ash Fan ???
Even Now In XY Series,
I don't know about Talonflame , But Litleo is obviously more Marketable then Fletchling yet Ash got Fletchling .
If Writer/Director only care about Marketing & Promoting then Ash should get a good Ride-able Pokemon & He also should get female Meowstic Because its a Marketable Psychic type Pokemon that Ash doesn't have !!!
After all , Meowstic might be great character considering its Pokedex entry-

Meowstic
The organs within Meowstic's ears possess a formidable psychic power, so it usually keeps them clamped shut. But when Meowstic is threatened, it will lift its ears and release this power.
This Pokémon tends not to show its emotions to others and remain expressionless, but it seems that some Trainers love the unsociable air it puts on

Plus , It look like capable battler while keeping a Cute Marketable appearance.
Doesn't that make Female Meowstic ............... Perfect????
Considering All the Pokemon that being reveal , ASH WOULDN'T NEED ANOTHER ''TEAM BABIES'' FOR MARKETING PURPOSE IN XY SERIES !!!

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
No screenshot because I'm in a hurry, but you can see Alexa with Helioptile when Ash is battling Viola in the greenhouse Gym (1:08) during the newest trailer. I don't know of any news about her role in the upcoming series, but it looks like she'll be tagging along during that episode.
In that Gym Battle she's watching it's her sister that Ash is battling. So I can see why she's tagging along to see that battle. I don't really think she'll be tagging along afterwards or rather I hope not. Five is a pretty big group to travel with and I think they should stick with four people maximum. I'd rather her be a reoccurring character after that Gym Battle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back