• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Did you steal Kenya?

Years
Spr_4h_021.png

Somewhere near Goldenrod City is a nice, innocent guard who will trust you to take his faithful Spearow, nicknamed Kenya, and task you with delivering some mail attached to Kenya. Some heartless trainers without morals may choose to ditch the mission and steal Kenya forever.

Are you one of the mean people who never delivered the message? If so, what did you do with Kenya?

On both of my saves of HG/SS I have taken Kenya and not delivered the message (as it required going backwards and I cba doing that). I then stuck Kenya in the PC and forgot all about it because the Pidgeotto I always have is much cooler.

To be fair, it's much more useful in HG/SS than the originals and at Level 20 it can instantly become a Fearow with one level up.

Years
Oh gosh, I loved stealing this thing haha. Usually I just attached the mail to another Pokemon and kept the Spearow. Fearow is a good flying type and the bonus exp was hard to resist. :D;

Reactions: EB

Firox

eepz, come help pwease!
Years
I returned him/her, I have no use for Kenya so no reason to keep it. I do kind acts, and am a good trainer - so completed the favor - yep, returned it, and it made me feel good and proud.

Last edited:

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
Years
I stole him numerous of times, despite not actually using him for anything. The Shuckle you receive later on in the game though I kept. I don't know, I just dislike Spearow in general but decided to be a thief and keep Kenya. 8)

Years
No I didn't, in fact I didn't even know there was a Spearow named Kenya in the game. I don't really like Spearow that much anyways.

Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen May 23, 2023
Uhhh I didn't steal it, I'm innocent. Definitely. D;

Okay fine, maybe I did keep it. I actually liked Spearow as a Pokemon and I found myself using it from time to time. After a while I became attached to the small bird and I just couldn't bring myself to let it go- although I felt I was doing something wrong, I just couldn't give it away if you know what I mean. I think after a while though, I forced myself to give it back- kind of regretted the decision since but I felt like I was only doing what I thought was right. :p

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jun 29, 2019
I kept it as I felt like it could be of use and it earned its keep when I used it with the rest of my team against ze E4 to earn a spot in ze hall of fame.

Years
When I got Kenya, the first thing I did was move the mail to one of my other Pokemon, and put Kenya in the PC, just to see if the guy would still accept the mail. I planned on giving Kenya back to either the guard or that other guy, but neither wanted it back at that point, so I just stuck it in my PC, never to be used again.

.:batto:.

Pokébreeder
Years
I never knew 'Kenya' even existed. But now. I'm off to see webster & deliver he's letter.

JOHTO NEEDS MY HELP!

Years
  • Seen Jun 13, 2013
I'm pretty sure you get him as a gift after delivering the message.
I distinctly remember delivering the message AND having Kenya. soo... yeah.

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
I do remember stealing it in Silver as I couldn't find the fat guy who was supposed to pick up Kenya.
In Soul Silver, though, I found him (after remembering it from other playthroughs through Johto games) and delivered Kenya.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
I don't even remember picking up Kenya when I played Soul Silver. Most likely because I had no point in doing so. I didn't feel like doing the sidequest and I wasn't going to use the Spearow for anything so why bother.

That or I just forgot that Kenya existed. Not sure.

Back