• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Seviper vs Zangoose

Superjub

Pokémon Aureolin
Years
I prefer Seviper, but even I have to dmit that Zangoose would probably win out of the two (assuming they are the same level.)

Years
  • Seen May 11, 2016
Here, let's do this by using stats. Yay! =D (Here I go again. . Getting analytical. . >.>") Personally, I must prefer Zangoose, though. .

Seviper's Stats:
HP: 73
Attack: 100
Defense: 60
Special Attack: 100
Special Defense: 60
Speed: 65

Weak To: Ground and Psychic
Resistant To: Fighting, Poison, Bug, and Grass
Immune To: None

Zangoose's Stats:
HP: 73
Attack: 115
Defense: 60
Special Attack: 60
Special Defense: 60
Speed: 90

Weak To: Fighting
Resistant To: None
Immune To: Ghost

Now, in terms of movepools. Note that this only includes the level-up moves as wild Pokémon are unable to, technically speaking, learn tutor, TM, or HM moves.

Spoiler:

Zangoose's Attack stat is very high and it has many physical attacks. Thus, this will ultimately defeat Seviper, who has very low Defense.

Seviper cannot do much to defend against Zangoose, as its Poison-type attacks are unable to poison Zangoose because of Immunity, its Special Ability.

Therefore, Zangoose would win. Counter arguments should be fun, if not null.

Electricz

Sevipers number one fan
Years
324.jpg

i still reckon Seviper would win but anyone of them could win theres attack missed critical hits and also Sevipers Glare could paralyze Zangoose but it would be a very close battle i say also on the anime anyone could win as well due to diferences to the games

Years
  • Seen May 11, 2016
That picture means nothing since, if I recall correctly, which I do, Zangoose had beaten Seviper before.

i still reckon Seviper would win but anyone of them could win theres attack missed critical hits and also Sevipers Glare could paralyze Zangoose but it would be a very close battle i say also on the anime anyone could win as well due to diferences to the games

I'm talking a hypothetical, get ride of critical hits, they're both at level 100, we're going by game mechanics, and they're both wild Pokémon battle. And regardless of paralysis, Pokémon are still able to move, be it in the games or the anime. Paralysis doesn't always work. There's really nothing else I can say that won't be a repeat of what I've already stated.​

Years
I prefer Seviper, but even I have to dmit that Zangoose would probably win out of the two (assuming they are the same level.)

Yep. Seviper might have a chance if it paralyzes Zangoose right off the bat and gets lucky a few turns (odds are good Zangoose wouldn't be able to move for at least a turn or two), but otherwise I think Zangoose would take it.

Electricz

Sevipers number one fan
Years
Yep. Seviper might have a chance if it paralyzes Zangoose right off the bat and gets lucky a few turns (odds are good Zangoose wouldn't be able to move for at least a turn or two), but otherwise I think Zangoose would take it.

thats what i was trying to say about paralyze also paralyze makes you slower so seviper has a good chance to win as well

Years
  • Seen May 11, 2016
thats what i was trying to say about paralyze also paralyze makes you slower so seviper has a good chance to win as well
It doesn't make you slower by much, and Zangoose has over 30 more EVs in Speed than Seviper, so it wouldn't matter.​

Artemis

i'm no goddess
Years
  • Seen Dec 10, 2013
It doesn't make you slower by much, and Zangoose has over 30 more EVs in Speed than Seviper, so it wouldn't matter.

I believe you meant to say that Zangoose has just about 25 stat points high in speed than Zangoose, EV's can always range on how you train it.

To answer the question, Zangoose. It has a larger movepool, higher attack stats,and higher speed. Also, depending on the two Pokémon, Zangoose can OHKO a Seviper because its Defece stats aren't too great.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 30, 2023
If it goes down to strength Zangoose all the way but Seviper is a poisen type so if it went down to strategy seviper would kill!

Artemis

i'm no goddess
Years
  • Seen Dec 10, 2013
Strategy always gived every Pokémon an oppotunity. If someone choose to use Zangoose an a Physical Sweeper and hit the opponent hard and fast, then Seviper would be in trouble, especiialy since Zangoose can actually use Substitute and Swords Dance, and then go in for a final blow.

Except, there's one problem that no one has taken into account, and I believe the person above hasn't noticed either. Zangoose's special ability is Immunity, therefore, Seviper cannot poison Zangoose. xD

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 30, 2023
2 Shay Flash i hadn't taken that into account! Well Due to Zangoose's speed and obvious advantage with the immunity ability It most definately has the upper hand!

Back