• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: POKEMON: Dark Rising

Years
  • Seen May 11, 2013
has any one got a different version of the completed version to download, the version in the OP isn't working for me, really enjoyed the game and was dissapointed to find i only had the first beta and cannot advance past dark evil pete :/

Years
  • Seen Oct 19, 2013
She already stated that she's leaving PC, she's not even "little" alive.

You mean for good? If so does that mean there wont be a DR2 or updates to this one if she ever puts it out? Or is she just going to a different sight or something

Years
  • Seen Jan 18, 2017
First off, thanks to everyone who created this hack, I have had a great time with it so far.

My question: As has been mentioned a few times in this thread earlier (I spent the better part of 2 hours looking for a solution in this thread), you can advance through the game without beating the gym that allows the use of Fly outside of battle. This creates a serious problem once you have beaten the gym in Millenium City, as there is no way to return to the first (8th) gym without Fly (There is an old man blocking the doorway in the building just south of Numassity City). Is there any way to beat the game if Fly was not obtained at the expected time? (Without using GS to walk through walls).

Thanks!
You can use that save game editor and give one of your PKMN Fly. You can find it here: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=249554

Years
  • Seen Jun 13, 2013
Hi, Who can help me ?

TeqWCvq.png

That happen in Dragon Valley

thanks

Years
has any one got a different version of the completed version to download, the version in the OP isn't working for me, really enjoyed the game and was dissapointed to find i only had the first beta and cannot advance past dark evil pete :/
PM me then I could help you if your problem still remains ;)

Hi, Who can help me ?

TeqWCvq.png

That happen in Dragon Valley

thanks
Then just advance after pressing any random button. Simple as that

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen May 13, 2016
I wanna ask how should I evolve Feebas. I have read that a comment before is to use a water stone. However, I bought a water stone but it cannot be used on the Feebas. Moreover, the evolution list I downloaded from the first page seems not the full version because it just shows a part of pokemon. I even cannot find the way of Feebas's evolution. Please help. Thank you.

Years
  • Seen Nov 24, 2015
there was also a time that i got stuck at the right of the door inside the lab of prof. In the first town

is the ''area'' in the pokedex accurate?

moonstone in aroma town mart is free...

4. Where can i find the pokemon name changer?

5. there was another bug inside altantic cave.. I came from nursery road, then i decided to go back to water cavern. I talked to brock near entei inside the atlantic cave ( ive already completed the ash-brock-entei-charizard scenario) then i went down the stairs, and the scenario repeated.. Charizard roaring, then brock being evil and fighting entei( only this time ash and charizard is not around....)

6. Some tynamo sprites have red patches, dont know if its a feature or a bug..

Last edited:
Years
there was also a time that i got stuck at the right of the door inside the lab of prof. In the first town

Yes they are so look carefully for pokes
moonstone in aroma town mart is free...
Consider this as a sort of Easter Egg
4. Where can i find the pokemon name changer?
The name Rater or Changer is in Salem Town

5. there was another bug inside altantic cave.. I came from nursery road, then i decided to go back to water cavern. I talked to brock near entei inside the atlantic cave ( ive already completed the ash-brock-entei-charizard scenario) then i went down the stairs, and the scenario repeated.. Charizard roaring, then brock being evil and fighting entei( only this time ash and charizard is not around....)
Yes sometimes this occurs so avoid it
That is because Darugis has infected them in the story

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
a bug happened and now i have 2 victinis
Only? xD

As I already explained about 5 times, it's a mistake on creator's side which was made into story feature.
Shibishirasu replaced Spinda who has routine that makes its sprite different depending on bites.
That's why you can meet 4,294,967,296 different Tynamos in this game.

Years
  • Seen Nov 24, 2015
That is because Darugis has infected them in the story

thank you for the replies :D
Also the same bug happens with prof zachary... Oh well free xp for my pokemon. This game rocks!!!

thanks you for the replies :D
the same bug happens with prof. Zachary.. Oh well free trainer to train my pokemons with..
This game rocks!!!

Last edited:

80C

"This is a text filler!"
Years
  • Seen May 13, 2022
Wow, this hack looks nice!
Did you add more overworld than the ones present or just resized and changed the unused\less used ones?

Years
Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jun 10, 2015
Hack seems interesting. Probably going to play it. My only questions is what learnsets are the pokemon following? Are there any changes to the pokemon's learnsets? Thanks!

Years
  • Seen May 9, 2013
I'm having some issues getting the Hack to work. I've tried multiple versions of VBA. I've changed to emulation type to Automatic, and the save type to Flash128k. I've used Lips on a working FireRed version with the DarkRising.IPS file. I'm using Windows 7. The versions of VBA I have attempted are VBA 1.8.0, VBA 1.7.2, and VBA 1.8.0(Beta3). The hack loads and on the first screen that contains the Legal Information, it flashes and continuously reloads.

Years
Hack seems interesting. Probably going to play it. My only questions is what learnsets are the pokemon following? Are there any changes to the pokemon's learnsets? Thanks!
The hack is still following 3rd gen based moves

I'm having some issues getting the Hack to work. I've tried multiple versions of VBA. I've changed to emulation type to Automatic, and the save type to Flash128k. I've used Lips on a working FireRed version with the DarkRising.IPS file. I'm using Windows 7. The versions of VBA I have attempted are VBA 1.8.0, VBA 1.7.2, and VBA 1.8.0(Beta3). The hack loads and on the first screen that contains the Legal Information, it flashes and continuously reloads.
PM me your problem. i will help you but mind you you are not using the Clean FireRed ROM

Last edited:
Back