• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Hive: Bug-type Pokémon Fan Club

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
Mega Pinsir is definitely scare. To me, it seems as if it's possessed by an evil spirit or something. Haha. If it didn't have those mean-looking eyes, it wouldn't have been that intimidating. As for Mega Heracross, I guess it's all right. Design-wise though, I just don't find it to be too attractive. Its nose is sort of big; if it was smaller, it might've looked better. d:

Years
I wouldn't mind a click beetle Pokemon. Bug Pokemon aren't exactly very scary so just because it seems kind of eek in real life doesn't mean it would be in Pokemon. On that note, one of the only bugs that actually scares me even a little bit is mega Pinsir and Heracross, more so the former.

110118-mega-pinsir-twitter.jpg

Uuugh. What do you guys think?

I don't find Mega Pinsir that scary... I know that I find Scolipede scary, considering it's like a giant centipede. Mega Heracross isn't scary either, just very ugly-looking imo. In fact, I tried out Mega Pinsir for myself and man I can't wait to one day train her (mine's a girl btw). I also find Durant kinda scary, especially when you don't have something that can take it out easily and it's a fast, strong attacker. Doesn't help that the ant has a very shrill cry as well.

Nakala Pri

Welcome to the club. Leavanny is pretty cool. I loved Ash's Leavanny in the anime, delicate grassy bug. Burgh's Leavanny was pretty awesome too in battle. Aw, show us what moves they have, bet they're awesome. I am hoping more Bugs come out when this supposed Pokemon Z game is released (if it's a real game) or when generation VII comes out in a few years. What kind of Bug would that be that is like/resembles Leavanny?

Ooh, that brown dirty-looking bug...gross. Kill it with fire!!

thank you~ ^^

Yeah, i prefer it over lilligant, becaaaaaause, I dunno... i just love Leavanny, haha. xD

Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen May 23, 2023
I don't actually mind the beetle. It just looks intimidating from a zoomed in angle. However, we already have enough beetle-like Pokemon. Heracross and Pinsir, anyone? I guess I wouldn't mind seeing another but there are so many more things you could do with bug types. Like worms or fireflies. A firefly Pokemon would actually be pretty interesting- wouldn't it? If you took it on literally it could be fire/bug. That or if we're basing it off the real one- perhaps bug/electric? Just an idea though.

I don't really like Mega Pinsir. Yes the idea of Pokemon is to have all sorts of designs- cute ones, scary ones, cool ones. But this just takes the cake for scary as hell. Pinsir wasn't even a very friendly looking Pokemon to begin with. With those new eyes. it's worse than before. Definitely not a mega evolution that I'd like to use anytime soon. :/

I love Durant but hate Pinsir. There's something nice about face eating spiders apparently. :D

Wicked3DS

[b]Until the very end.[/b]
Years
Leavanny is awesome. It learns X-scissor and Leaf Blade which are two of my favorite attacks. I'm using one in Black 2 right now.

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
Years
Bugs scare me silly IRL. D;

Mega Pinsir looks fierce, almost robotic, like Scizor. I'm happy that it got some recognition. Now, if only Beedrill or Ariados could get a Mega form. They're some of my favorites, but they're very lacking on the battlefield.

Scolipede is like a huge teddy bear. Definitely one of the cuter Bugs. Leavanny is great too.

Wicked3DS

Years
Mega Beedrill is something I can definitely get behind. Beedrill may be my favorite Bug-type, actually.

Nakala Pri

Mega Venomoth? Mega Yanma? i reckon they sound pretty radical! :D plus since mega yanma is so ignored, it'd do it good! :D

Plus i haven't seen a Venomoth since Pokemon Stadium N64. xD

Wicked3DS

Years
Mega Venomoth and Mega Yanmega (redundant name much?) would definitely be interesting. Venomoth could use a little bit of a boost if you ask me.

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
Mega Beedrill would definitely be awesome. I wonder how it'd look, though... maybe it could have longer drills and wider wings? I don't know, haha. Statistically though, I would really like it to have more Attack. Beedrill already has a bunch of physical moves in its arsenal, and having a better Attack stat would make it easier for Beedrill to take advantage of them. It'd be sweet if it got a boost in Speed, too. Aside from Mega Beedrill, it would be pretty cool if they'd given us a Venomoth mega-evolution as well. :]

Nakala Pri

Mega Venomoth! ^^ Until the other day, I kinda forgot it existed, haha. xD

But that Mega Pinsir is Mega Butt Ugly! ;-; It's disgusting, fowl, looks like poop. xD

Wicked3DS

Years
Which Bug-type is best to use offensively?

Yanmega for Special, Heracross for Physical. They are both really strong in those respects.

Years

Yanmega and Volcarona on the special based end, and Heracross and Scizor on the physical end. Bug-types were kinda underwhelming early in the series so it was nice to see later generations produce some stronger Bug-types, and even some with some unique type combinations.

Nakala Pri

Ooooh, I heard Heracross is a god in that area, haha.

Whenever I deal with a Heracross I have to be extra careful, he is also so OP in battles. :X

CloysterOyster

Master of Ice
Years
I find that Scizor is quite the powerhouse when it comes to Bug-types. Despite its 4x Fire weakness, it's pretty agile, fast, powerful and hard to take down with other moves. Heracross being the combatant that he is and with a good array of moves, is pretty tough to use and to take down as well. Volcarona is special to use when powering her up with Quiver Dance and then using a Bug move like Silver Wind or a Fire move like Fiery Dance to take the opponent(s) out relatively fast. It's worked for me on several occasions.

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
Years

Volcarona for good special, speed, and bulk. Access to quiver dance, morning sun, gigadrain do not hurt at all.

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
Physically, Scizor is pretty good. Maximize its Attack EVs and give it Choice Band, and it could knock down almost any of its foes with one hit. Specially, though, it would have to be Volcarona. After one use of Quiver Dance, it would be able to sweep the entire team of your opponent single-handedly. d:

Years

Echoing those who said Volcarona. It's beastly with Quiver Dance setups and can really pack a punch.

Defensively, I'd say Forretress. Though I forget he's bug/steel and not rock/steel or something, haha. He is great for setting up hazards like Spikes and Stealth Rock but also gets Rapid Spin among other Things. Whoot!

Years
Oh I'd like to sign up :D

Preferred username: Ravio
Partner Pokémon: Paras

I'm going to agree with most people here and say Volcarona for special attacking. It just has access to too many great moves, like quiver dance, fiery dance, hurricane, giga drain and bug buzz, and has the stats to back it up. Others for special attacking are Galvantula (with sticky web + thunder + compound eyes) and Vivillion surprisingly, since it has access to Sleep Powder, Hurricane, Quiver Dance and Bug Buzz, and has Compound eyes to pull it off.
Oh and of course Yanmega, because speed boost works amazingly on it. On the Physical side, Scizor (and I'm assuming mega-scizor) is pretty OP, especially in rain and with bullet punch. Heracross is pretty good too since it has guts and megahorn. And from what I've been hearing, Scolipede with Speed Boost is really good as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back