• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Kholdy presents: Let's Play Etrian Odyssey!

Kholdy

I LP, and not much else.
Years
Or at least, I'm announcing it. Before I get started on this thread, let me just get this out of the way (skip this if you're not interested):

I quit my Pokémon Black LP because it was my intention to finish the game before the western release. Thanks to the horrible service my local computer store is giving me, however, this is no longer possible. Also, it's been so long now, I've just lost interest. So instead, I present to you this!

Now, some of you may know Etrian Odyssey. It's basically a Dungeon-crawler RPG for the DS... and it's insanely difficult, and very unfair at points. Should be fun, right?
Yeah, I'm going to regret this. :(

Anyway, I can't even start the game without first having a team! So I'm running a contest of sorts. Please pick a class and avatar from the list below, and explain why you think you'd be good at that class. The four winners will be my team, with the characters named after themselves! The fifth member of the team is Khold, who will be a class of my own choice.

Here's an example of an entry:

-Class: Troubadour
-Avatar: 2 (just put a number between 1-4 here, corresponding to the avatar you want to be)
-Reason: I once sang a song, and it killed someone. True story.

All images are owned by http://www.intothelabyrinth.net

Required classes (I WILL take these three classes, no exceptions)

Medic
I doubt this class needs an introduction. They're the only healers in the game, and I don't know anyone who's managed to finish the game without one.
med_1.jpg
med_2.jpg
med_3.jpg
med_4.jpg

Genders: I think the first avatar is female, the rest are male. I'm not 100% sure though, they may well all be male.

Protector
The tank. Whoever picks this class should be prepared to see his character die a lot (then again, I'm sure everyone will die in due time). Sound contradictory? Well... they only start tanking properly after like, half the game, but they're needed eventually.

pro_1.jpg
pro_2.jpg
pro_3.jpg
pro_4.jpg

Genders: First two are female, last two are male.

Survivalist
This is pretty much the go-to class for boss killing... They're not necessary, really, but the game gets incredibly hard without one... So I'm taking one!

sur_1.jpg
sur_2.jpg
sur_3.jpg
sur_4.jpg

Genders: F-F-M-M, like before.

That's all the classes I'm definitely taking. This leaves two spots - please be aware that Khold can be one of the above three, or one of the following.

Other classes

Alchemist
The mage. Can deal massive damage to random encounters, but will likely be dead throughout most of the boss fights.

alc_1.jpg
alc_2.jpg
alc_3.jpg
alc_4.jpg

Genders: I think it's F-F-M-M again, but these are really confusing...

Dark Hunter
The masochist of the team. Specializes in status effects.

dar_1.jpg
dar_2.jpg
dar_3.jpg
dar_4.jpg

Genders: F-F-M-M

Landsknecht
The typical Soldier/Warrior class. Will annihilate random encounters, and be moderately useful for bosses.

lan_1.jpg
lan_2.jpg
lan_3.jpg
lan_4.jpg

Genders: F-M-M-M

Troubadour
And lastly, this. I considered putting this one on the required list, but that would make 4 required members... So nah. This one can buff the party, and regenerate everyone's TP (this game's MP) anywhere, which is amazing.

tra_1.jpg
tra_2.jpg
tra_3.jpg
tra_4.jpg

Genders: F-F-M-M

Alright, that's that. Good luck everyone!

Yuoaman

I don't know who I am either.
Years
Class: Medic
Reason: That guy looks like the type who could possibly snap at some point in the future - like myself.

Giratina ♀

what's your sign?
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Jul 23, 2013
-Class: Protector
-Reason: Um, hello? (Yeah, you know you want a team member based off of a seven-foot-tall being of darkness whose axe-sword can squash you flat. Just to keep up the reference, call him Lexaeus - or Lexy if that won't fit. >3)

Last edited:

Kholdy

I LP, and not much else.
Years
Giratina, you seem to have misunderstood. Explain (in a silly manner, if you want to) why you, personally, would be good at your class of choice. The character will be named after you (in your case, the Protector would be named Giratina) if you're chosen.

Oh, and just to be clear, I'm eventually going to need at least 4 different entries, and two of those have to be from the required list.

Edit: Oh yeah, names are limited to 8 characters - if your name is longer than that, I'll figure something out, don't worry.
Also, veterans to the game may realize I've left out the two secret classes from this list. Obviously, I don't have access to those from the start. They're also horrible.

Giratina ♀

what's your sign?
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Jul 23, 2013
Ah, I see~ Yeah, that was my fault. Sorry. Happens all the time. |D

Well, in that case, we'll use Alchemist #2. Completely useless except for with words. :3

Mirby

Big ol' nerd
Years
Class: Protector
Reason: SWORDCHUCKS YO! owait... :P

Also, I must be in this since poor Mirby the Yooterii is lost forever...

And I protect people when they need it...

Daydream

[b]Boo.[/b]
Years
This looks like fun. ;o I wanna join in.~

Class: Survivalist
Reason: I can be a very stubborn person in real life, meaning I would absolutely refuse to die! Perfect survivalist methinks. Unless there are spiders... Spiders might not work so well. I wouldn't survive those. D: ...Otherwise, take me! (:

Kholdy

I LP, and not much else.
Years
Don't worry Mirby - I was going to ditch the Mirbinator fairly soon anyway. :disappoin Because Meguroko is awesome.

Keep the entries coming guys - this contest-type thingamajig will end as soon as I get my computer back, which, I've been told, will be sometime next week. In other words, it could be anywhere between next week and 26 years from now, give or take a few days.

Kenpokid

Hee-ho!
Years
  • Seen May 22, 2016
Class: Alchemist
Reason: Because emo mages are just badass like that. (Oh, and I've once predicted two legendary catches in Fire Red Omega, which must be magic!)

Sage Harpuia

Hey, listen
Years
These seems quite fun, so I'll give it a try:
Class: Alchemist
Reason: I like a lot chemistry and during laboratory at school, in a reaction I caused an explosion with Hydrogen...it can be useful and badass, can't it? (at least in a nerd way...:\)

And I want to be an idiot during boss fights:D!

Dragiiin

yo im bread and bread is me
Years
Landsknecht
Reason: I am fairly useful in fights, and I chew bubblegum/.

Back