• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Ballad of the Mirage Kingdom Queen~

luke

Master of the Elements
Years
Once upon a time, there was a kingdom hidden away from the rest of the world. In this place fairies roamed free, away from the destruction wrought by humans. Here the Queen of this land brought in peaceful Pokémon that were abandoned by their trainers or considered runts by their family. Even Legendary Pokémon looking to escape the evils of this world were welcomed.

However one day an evil man sought to enter this hidden realm and claim all of the rare Pokémon that called the Mirage Kingdom home as his own. His main target was the Queen of this land who ruled with benevolence and grace. She was so kind to her subjects that the strongest of them all stood up and sought to defend their Queen and her land...

*~*~*~*
MDP485.png
MDP468.png
MDP260.png
MDP212.png
MDP385.png
380.png

*~*~*~*​

485.png

Heatran (F) @ Shuca Berry**The Wall of Magma
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 4 HP/252 Spd/252 SAtk
Naive nature (+Spd, -SDef)
- Fire Blast
- Earth Power
- Explosion
- Stealth Rock

Heatran sought the protection of the Mirage Kingdom after many trainers had infiltrated Mt. Magma seeking to capture it.

This is my first team in a while that doesn't rely heavily on entry hazards. I decided early on that Stealth Rock was probably the only hazard I was going to include on this team. At first I had the standard Mixpert lead set instead but I needed a Fire immunity for my other Steel-types and an Ice immunity for Togekiss. Heatran fit the bill and after I had decided to use Swampert in a different manner, I looked to Smogon for a Heatran set that included Stealth Rock. I usually SR and then get the hell of there.

I'm thinking of switching to a variation that includes Rest and Sleep Talk because one of the weaknesses of this team is the lack of a Sleep Absorber. So if any suggestions for a set can be given I'll appreciate it.

468.png

Togekiss (M) @ Choice Specs**The Queen
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 64 HP/192 Spd/252 SAtk
Timid nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Air Slash
- Tri Attack
- Aura Sphere
- Fire Blast

Brought to the Kingdom long ago by a red haired maiden, this particular Togekiss's grace made it clear she was the rightful heir to the Mirage Kingdom Throne. Powerful yet kind, she had no problem forming an army to protect her subjects.

Togekiss was the sole reason for building a new team. I had tried using Specs Togekiss before, but I hadn't built a very good team to support it and that team wasn't very successful.

I know Devi prefers Bulkykiss but I like this variant because it really utilizes its high base Special Attack to hit the opponent hard. The most commonly used attack on this set is Air Slash and that's all I usually need to use. Fire Blast 2HKOs Rotom with Maxed HP. I usually scout which set it has before keeping Togekiss on it though. If its the Resttalk variant, I should be safe as Togekiss outruns it. Stealth Rock doesn't really bother it because its bulky enough to survive most non-Super Effective attacks even at 69-75% health. She's the glue of this team and I'm probably not changing anything on her.

260.png

Swampert (M) @ Choice Band**Valiant Knight
Ability: Torrent
EVs: 136 HP/204 Atk/68 Def/100 Spd
Adamant nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Waterfall
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Ice Punch

Swampert was abandoned as a Marshtomp by its trainer. Seeking refuge, a Togetic in the service of the Queen found it and brought it back to the Mirage Kingdom. Thankful for being rescued, it became the Queen's most loyal servant. It was the first to step up to protect the kingdom.

As I mentioned before, I originally had Mixpert here instead. However, after a little testing, I realized I wanted to try something different. So after adding Heatran, I needed to do something else with Swampert. I decided I wanted another hard hitter who could hit some switch-ins harder. Most people expect Surf/EQ/Ice Beam as its main attacks so they'll switch in Pokémon they think counters this set. This mainly includes Latias, Suicune and Blissey. Waterfall is usually the first attacked used as only Pokémon with Water Absorb are immune to it. As I scout the opponent's team more, I then predict accordingly.

I'm thinking of adding Superpower over Ice Punch for a guaranteed KO'd on Blissey who can cause this team problems overall if I don't get to explode on it with Heatran or eliminate it with Jirachi.

Due to the lack of a grounded Poison-type, Toxic Spikes really screws up Swampert. So I try to eliminate potential users of the move before they can lay down a set of spikes or Swampert's life span is greatly reduced.

212.png

Scizor (M) @ Life Orb**Scarlet Marauder
Ability: Swarm
EVs: 4 HP/252 Atk/252 Spd
Adamant nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Bullet Punch
- Bug Bite
- Brick Break
- Swords Dance

At one point, it was the premier Pokémon of a vicious hunter. After he was caught and jailed, all of his Pokémon were released into the wild. Without a purpose, Scizor wandered the world, attacking random trainers due to its loneliness and sorrow. Eventually, an agent of the Queen found the disgruntled Pokémon and brought it back to the Kingdom. The Queen befriended it and eventually soothed its sorrow. It now fights in the Queen's honor against a human similar to its old master...

Scizor was initially the Choice Band variant but after switching Swampert to the CB version, I had four Choice users on my team. With Togekiss and Jirachi needing their items, I decided to change Scizor to its Swords Dance set. This was quickly thrown together and I'd prefer some help on its set. Scizor checks Pokémon like Weavile and Mamoswine who cause Togekiss problems with Ice Shard. The priority it provides is also always helpful.

385.png

Jirachi @ Choice Scarf**The Awakened Wishmaker
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 4 HP/252 Atk/252 Spd
Jolly nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Iron Head
- Zen Headbutt
- Ice Punch
- Thunderpunch

After entering its 1000 year slumber, the Queen had Jirachi brought to its Kingdom to protect it from poachers. As turmoil began to overtake the Kingdom, Jirachi broke its curse and awoke from its slumber ahead of schedule. Feeling obliged to help the kind Queen, Jirachi now fights as part of her army.

My favorite revenge killer and another part of this rather hax-y team. I use both Iron Head and Zen Headbutt so I can check Pokémon like Tyranitar and Rotom with the same set. It also provides a quick solution to Salamence and Gyarados who could wreck this team with one DD under their belt. It hasn't failed me yet.

380.png

Latias (F) @ Leftovers**Grieving Sister
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP/22 Def/172 Spd/64 SAtk
Timid nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Draco Meteor
- Thunderbolt
- Surf
- Recover

Latias doesn't live in Mirage Kingdom but she came to its aid as the Hunter had captured her brother: Latios. Despite her appearance she fights with great veracity and will do anything to release her brother from his bonds.

This is just a cluster of weirdness. The EV spread is my own creation and probably godawful. I couldn't find a set on Smogon that fit what I wanted so I decided to be ~creative~ and make one of my own. It outspeeds who it needs to (I think - let me know otherwise). Draco Meteor is for more power since this set lacks a lot of Special Attack EVs and offensive items. It is also another quick check to Gyarados in case Jirachi is out of the picture.

Help would be appreciated on this slot as well.

Closing Statement:

So the main focus of this team is to eliminate Pokemon who hinder Togekiss's sweep. So far this team has done an amazing job at that. Any help would be appreciated.

No threat lists from me because I'm too lazy for that. :]

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen yesterday
Just a nitpick, you want 4 more Speed EVs on Latias so you outspeed Naive Salamence and the other +nature base 100s. :P Otherwise, unique team, like the idea of CB Swampert. (b' ')b

Might come back later to help with threats.

Pokedra

Retired
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Aug 21, 2016
SDLuke gives your team quite a bit of trouble, it can setup on Togekiss locked into Tri Attack, Jirachi locked into Ice Punch/Iron Head and Swampert locked into Ice Punch/SEdge. Nothing takes +2 CC well, Swampert/Kiss/Scizor/Tran/Jirachi are all OHKO'ed while your Latias takes around 75-80%. I'd honestly put Fire Punch > Zen Headbutt, this doesn't allow you to OHKO it but it does around 80% which is enough so it doesn't threaten your team much anymore, plus it also allows you to pick off SDScizor which gives you some problems if you lose Heatran. Losing Zen Headbutt means you can't hit Ape and Rotom hard but Latias is one of the best checks to Ape anyways and SDLuke is more of a threat to your team them Rotom imo

As Wolf said, run 176 Spe to beat positive base 100's. I usually run Max just to beat Apes(though it can't do anything to you) and just tie with other Latias/Gengar but it's not necessary.

Good team =)

Back