• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Have you ever felt guilty for hurting Audino?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yurusumaji

The Collector
Years
I really love Audino, so yes. I always feel horrible kicking their butts with my team, even though when I see the rustling grass I am initially all, "Yes! EXP heaven!" But then it's an Audino and I'm all, "I wish I could catch all of you and keep you safe with me forever!" T_T

Years
It looks really innocent & cute so I always feel guilty after defeating one, especially after it tries helping me and using Heal Pulse, and that picture didn't help me feel any better about it D:

Same here. why does it have to be so cute? I feel bad killing that thing...kinda glad that I don't really notice the shaking grass as much. I just abuse lucky egg. When I killed it a couple times, I liked the exp but I definitely felt bad. Someone mentioned they should make an ugly pokemon give you that like sawk or throe...lol I agree. I wouldn't feel so bad if it weren't such a sweet looking thing that you could have as a pet.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
Years
Not as much as I probably should... why did they have to make the best exp in the game so cute? I did catch one for my collection so I do feel a bit less guilty about that.

ISA56 2.0

The one and only!
Years
You guys do realize you FAINT Pokemon in battle(NON-LETHAL), not KILL them? Kay, just checkin';)

That said, I did originally feel bad about fainting it. I saw an Audino and I was all like 'DAWWWW => but then I fainted it and got a lot of EXP. Afterwards, I was all like OH GOD WHAT HAVE I DONE (=-((((((

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jul 2, 2023
I'm not too far along in the game yet, so the Audinos I battle don't know Heal Pulse, but I don't feel too bad about knocking them out so far. After all, they frequently try to Attract my Pokemon, then Double Slap them to death. Sounds like an abusive relationship if you ask me, and I don't feel sorry about ending it.

Of course, later on, once the Audinos level up and become better behaved, so to speak, I may feel guilty about KOing them, but for the time being, I'm not going to worry about it.

Years
Noooo, I don't feel bad, it's a great way of gaining HP and it's not my fault that the Audino wants to heal my pokemon! lol

At the end of the day it makes the leveling up of high level pokemon a lot easier in a game where it's not particularly easy to do so.

Citrus Knight

you've got bruises&&bitemarks
Years
I don't feel bad. No sirree. I love the EXP I get for them, not to mention they're not really dying in my opinion, so it's okay.

imevil

Biggest Scyther Fan
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Jun 5, 2016
not at all, its just a computer script really. But it does come into use.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
I didn't even know that they had a move in which they heal you, so no, I haven't felt bad for it. Even though it is cute in my opinion. Maybe in the future I will if they happen to use that move on me, who knows.

Years
  • Seen Jul 16, 2013
I don't have a guilty bone in my body for hurting Audino. If anything, I should be thanking it for all the experience it gives me. D< And I'll gladly take whatever Heal Pulses they throw at me, as long as I can rack up as much EXP as possible. /lolheartless

Gulpin

poisonous
Years
  • Seen Jan 16, 2017
Thanks Nica now I can't Audino-grind anymore ):
When reading the title I was like, "Hec, no! It's just a bunch of pixels..," but after reading the comic I'm like, "I'm so sorry how could I do this to you please just punch me in the face fifty times so I feel a little better." d.d

Taemin

move.
Years
  • Age 36
  • USA
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024
HAHAHA. No wayyy. I was grinding like heck against that Pokemon for a couple of days, early on in the game. It was an awesome way to gain quick EXP in order to beat the next gym. I almost felt like I was cheating, and I did catch an Audino for myself, but I haven't used it, because it's move set isn't something I have much use for. Not so far, anyway.

Legendary Silke

[I][B]You like dragons?[/B][/I]
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 23, 2021
Audino? You know, the experience points they give is indeed a lot. However... There's this thing that bugs me when I beat one. It's so cute that I wonder whether it was deliberate so that players feel guilty. I think I'm having a guilt trip now. Why oh why are we beating up this cute stuff?

TheUnown

Super Lurker
Years
  • Seen Jul 1, 2015
No ._.
They're actually starting to annoy me a little bit, so I'm glad when I can knock them out for the EXP.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back