• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.

karatekid552

What happens if I push it?....
Years
Does anyone know of any non-ASM ways to skip the introduction sequence, and go straight to naming the hero?

No, but knizz made it real simple to do in a hex editor. Check out the last page of R&D.

what's the best tutorial to edit music using sappy? or maybe another program?

Editing Music is not my forte, but Sappy is (as far as I know) the best way to insert. However, midi files will need to be created externally using your personally favorite music editor.

Team_Fail has a really good music tutorial. Hit that up.

I decided to move on to another map.The basement thing is minor enough to be dealt with later. This time, I'm editing map 1.2 (May's house, first floor) Nothing fancy, just fancying it up a bit and redoing the construction to have it resemble map 1.0 (Brenden's house, that one I expanded to make room for the basement).

I'm having problems with expanding the map though. When I expand it's dimensions, the map crashes upon attempting to enter it. I tried it again step by step, and strangely, it allowed me to expand it by one more line. Anything more than that, and it will crash. Why does this happen? Brenden's house didn't suffer when I expanded it's dimensions from 11 width to 17 width, why is May's giving me trouble when I tried the same thing? The only other difference between them was that I changed the tileset in May's house, but nothing went wrong from that.

Pics below: Brenden's functioning house, May's crashing house, and May's currently compatible house

I have encountered this problem before. I have found that the game does not allow expansion of the main houses for some reason. Why not just create a new map bank with new maps and then change the warps? That seems like the best option.

A few simple questions that I couldn't find the answers too anywhere:

Where is Prof. Birch's trainer sprite offset in UNZL? (Or Tile Molester)

Where is the Team Aqua offset in UNZL? (Again, or Tile Molester)

Those are both for Sapphire, thanks in advance.

They are just after the pokemon. Hover your mouse over the next image button and then hold "enter" down. This will be a fast way of getting through all of the images until you get into the trainer section which, as I said, is just after the pokemon.

Hey guys! Based on what karatekid552 and robin22gongon were talking about, I made a short video on it. With your guys' permission, I could create a tutorial for everyone!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h98OV4W1ZsU

Feel free to make a tutorial. I would, but I barely have enough time to answer questions. PM it to me before you post it; I just want to take a look:p. Good luck!

Found it. Deleting it didn't seem to have any kind of effect though.

Send me a copy of your rom (patch) and I will take a look at it when I get the chance. I kind of want to play with this a bit.:)

You guys wouldn't believe how hard it was to answer these without the regular usernames:p

Last edited:

U.Flame

Maker of Short Games
Years

miksy91

Dark Energy is back in action! ;)
Years
Excuse me for the possible selection of wrong category but, does anyone know how I can script with AdvanceMap?

Thanks in advance!

-Variable

miksy91

Dark Energy is back in action! ;)
Years
miksy91 said:
Excuse me for the possible selection of wrong category but, does anyone know how I can script with AdvanceMap?

Thanks in advance!

-Variable
First you need XSE. Open A-Map. Choose Settings>Choose Script Editor then find XSE. When a dialog box opens, choose no. Open your Rom. Start scripting. If you don't know XSE scripting language, hit diegoisawesome's XSE Tut. And if this is an April fools joke, this is so not fun. Remember, you even tried to answer my question.
Yeah, my bad.
I actually tried deleting the message, but they didn't allow to do that.
Most likely something to do with all the other "messed up" interface.

That "sort of" was mean to be funny, being explained in bad grammar like that. But I know, should have planned it more carefully to fit in the theme.
There is actually a joke (and a good one) behind that, "Excuse me for selection of...", but most people around here don't know what it's referring to so yeah...

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jul 24, 2023
Well when I enter a warp that goes to a new warp that I set up the screen goes black but when i point the warp to one pre made it works.

Have you checked if;
X and Y Positions are right?
Warp No. to warp to is right?

If you still have problems, PM me the file and tell me which maps error.

Reygok

Beginning Hacker
Years
  • Seen Jan 22, 2016
Hello, I have e small problem regarding tiles. They are all default, I did not mess around with tile editing yet, I'm not a very good painter :P

I changed the weather in one of my maps to "Sunny with clouds in water". It does what it says, there are clouds in the water. BUT these clouds are also reflected by some other tiles, namely flowers, bushes , parts of houses and so on.

I checked the Block Editor, and it seems to have nothing to do with the behaviour byte, they all have different ones, and some are the same as grass, and grass does not reflect the colouds.

Anyone had this problem before?
Thanks for all answers,

Reygok

PS: I'm working with A-Map, in case someone did not notice.

Years
Hello, I have e small problem regarding tiles. They are all default, I did not mess around with tile editing yet, I'm not a very good painter :P

I changed the weather in one of my maps to "Sunny with clouds in water". It does what it says, there are clouds in the water. BUT these clouds are also reflected by some other tiles, namely flowers, bushes , parts of houses and so on.

I checked the Block Editor, and it seems to have nothing to do with the behaviour byte, they all have different ones, and some are the same as grass, and grass does not reflect the colouds.

Anyone had this problem before?
Thanks for all answers,

Reygok

PS: I'm working with A-Map, in case someone did not notice.
It's just a glitchy weather type. It was leftover from RSE, and it wasn't fully implemented by Game Freak in FireRed/LeafGreen.

Golden Warrior

Pokemon Professor
Years
Hrm. I phrased my questions wrong it seems, let me try again.

Where can I find the Team Aqua pre-battle logo that shows up? I can't find it in UNZL.GBA so I can assume it's in Tile Molester.

Professor Birch isn't in UNZL.GBA either, so where can I find him in Tile Molester?

Again, both for Sapphire, thanks in advance.

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jul 24, 2023
Hrm. I phrased my questions wrong it seems, let me try again.

Where can I find the Team Aqua pre-battle logo that shows up? I can't find it in UNZL.GBA so I can assume it's in Tile Molester.

Professor Birch isn't in UNZL.GBA either, so where can I find him in Tile Molester?

Again, both for Sapphire, thanks in advance.

I don't know about the Team Aqua Logo but you know NSE 2.X? If not Google it.
Prof. Birch Sprite in Ruby is 39DA00 just uncheck "LZ77 Compressed" checkbox in the NAVIGATE Section. I think it is the same with Sapphire but, why hack Sapphire? There are so lot of resources for Ruby and opposite for Sapphire.

karatekid552

What happens if I push it?....
Years
Well when I enter a warp that goes to a new warp that I set up the screen goes black but when i point the warp to one pre made it works.

There is a good chance you map is corrupted. Try inserting it into another map bank/slot and then try again.

All right, here's the patch for my hack of Pokemon Sapphire, the one with the customizable basement. As you can see, I've also been busy with other (un)finished maps before I'm going to start scripting, so bear with the weirdness in the beginning. Just go with it 'till you're free to roam. You'll want to use the decoration cheats here: http://www.supercheats.com/gameboyadvance/pokemon-sapphire/8692/Gameshark-Cheats-VBA-Cheats/

I was planning on just using my save file:p. Either way, I will try and give it a look right now.

Edit: So, I am playing with this and I have no idea what it wrong. My best guess, since no matter how much I play with the tiles, is that you forced a secret base open and you are missing the command which allows decorations that use tiles. What I mean, is when I changed the outside staircase, not the one in the basement, into the secret base hole thing that you use secret power on, and then I pack up the base, it doesn't close. I can still enter the base as if I made one, even after I packed it up. I believe it is the initial script which opens the base in the first place that is preventing the decorations from being placed properly.

Edit2: the script which opens a secret base in Sapphire is located at 0x1A2BE1. It uses a lot of specials which we have no clue what they do. Take a look at it.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jul 24, 2023
Okay so I tried to do Jambo51's Overworld Rival Naming ASM Hack. It's about this paragraph he posted:
Explanation: It's what it says on the tin, it lets you name your rival from the in game overworld, allowing for Silver like naming, or indeed, any other possibility you can come up with. The rivalname: .word 0x08FFFFFF is for if the player leaves the name box blank. It will fill it with a standard name instead. This standard name is up to you to create. Simply compile a name with XSE, and point that pointer to it.
Now here's the question, how do I compile the names? At what format?

Another question! Is there a way to make a force egg hatching script without glitches?

Last edited:

tajaros

Hi I'm dawg
Years
Okay so I tried to do Jambo51's Overworld Rival Naming ASM Hack. It's about this paragraph he posted:

Now here's the question, how do I compile the names? At what format?

What do you mean format?

Ok, first open XSE then load your rom. And make a script that would look something like this.

#dynamic 0x800000

#org @1
= Gary

Compile it and take note of the offset and that should be the compiled string.

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jul 24, 2023
What do you mean format?

Ok, first open XSE then load your rom. And make a script that would look something like this.

#dynamic 0x800000

#org @1
= Gary

Compile it and take note of the offset and that should be the compiled string.

Oh okay! What about this one?
Originally Posted by robin22gongon
Another question! Is there a way to make a force egg hatching script without glitches?

And another one, would it be possible to port the R/S/E Pokedex to FR? Just the appearance and functions not the main Pokedex content. I'm curious since I discovered that the Ruins of Alph was ported to FR so I thought it would be possible to do the same with a Pokedex.

Last edited:
Years
Oh okay! What about this one?

And another one, would it be possible to port the R/S/E Pokedex to FR? Just the appearance and functions not the main Pokedex content. I'm curious since I discovered that the Ruins of Alph was ported to FR so I thought it would be possible to do the same with a Pokedex.

special 0xc2 hatches an egg in your party, and hatches it to the Pokémon in the slot defined by the variable 0x8004. This special affects non-eggs too: it will reset them to level 5, make them have no evs, and changes the met location.

U.Flame

Maker of Short Games
Years
Hmm, it seems that no matter what map I use, giving any map the tilesets of 14(1), 45(2), and dimensions of 17 width and 9 height will always make that map crash. It isn't just May's house, it seems anything I try it with crashes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back