• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Cobalt [Indefinite Hiatus]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
Im downloading this hack right now. I was just wondering if you have an idea on when the next beta will be released?
No idea, sorry.

I found it at Hoenn Path.
Oh, I just forgot to even edit the wild Pokémon in Corona Walk and Hoenn Path. They now have proper wild Pokémon (with Swinub appearing in Corona Cave if you still want a Mamoswine).

Turns out my break wasn't as long as I planned.

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Jan 12, 2017
@HyperKiller, I specified that i have Mac so that UPS Patcher wont open the .exe format file i need a .dmg UPS patcher. So far the only patcher that works for mac is multipatch sadly. I just want experience this gameplay it looks great. ^.^

Years
I've fixed some bugs I found by myself, including the wrong items being given (I have no idea why this is happening) and some small message errors. I have also done a lot more decapitalisation - I'd love it if you guys could report any UNECCESSARY capitals or inconsistent capitals you find so I can change them. Please redownload.

Last edited:
Years
I've done some remapping of Lilac City (and a little of Indigo Hills).

rVvk8cz.png

And, as you can see, I've added Rock Climb and scalable walls.

ldS7YPr.png
sgjcmFY.png

CHdPpzh.png
VQ3kmW1.png

Flash's HM was replaced, and the Rock Climb HM requires no badge to be used.

Years
Here are some glitches I found.

Glitches:
1st My Torchic was turned into a Lotad sometime between the 1st rival battle and getting the sapphires.
2nd losing to anybody in the cave where you get the sapphires leads to a poke center where your character is stuck running.
3rd It is small but when leaving Teal Bridge you get teleported directly to town instead of going through the little building.
4th I taught my Duskull expolsion which Isn't something it should be able to learn I think.

Side Note: I know there is a chikorita in this grass next to Teal village I encountered it ran out of pokeballs then had to defeat it. So I then spammed the grass for around 3 hours just trying to find it again so I could catch it but to no avail I just ended up with a team of level 27-31s. Just one more thing I replaced my Torchic with Reguran as my main Pokemon

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jul 14, 2020
This ROM looks so cool!

I thnk the berry juice idea is a nice touch!

If you have good gameplay, you will definitly have me playing this ROM till the very end.

Years
This is looking REALLY good! Can't wait to try out the beta
Thanks.

1st My Torchic was turned into a Lotad sometime between the 1st rival battle and getting the sapphires.
That was likely because of the SideSys sidequests. It should be fixed.
2nd losing to anybody in the cave where you get the sapphires leads to a poke center where your character is stuck running.
That doesn't happen for me.
3rd It is small but when leaving Teal Bridge you get teleported directly to town instead of going through the little building.
Fixed.
4th I taught my Duskull expolsion which Isn't something it should be able to learn I think.
Fixed.

This ROM looks so cool!

I thnk the berry juice idea is a nice touch!

If you have good gameplay, you will definitly have me playing this ROM till the very end.
Thanks.

37wJGXE.png
qk1okkt.png

Just a little thing I've been working on. It's a pseudo-gym kind of like the Dojo in RBY. All the trainers inside have Smeargles with varying movesets (much like the Painter class in FRLG). You win a prize for beating the master artist, Master Vince. It is in the remapped Redburg Town.

I've been doing a lot of remapping and just general tweaks, so if you redownload, I'd suggest you start anew.

Years
a7Xy6Eq.png
OoxG4W4.png

I've finished adding in the fourth gym, in Fallarbor Town. It's a Ground-type Gym, and the leader is Garnet.

The puzzle involves multiple rooms with orbs that unlock doors.

dW4GxEh.png

For beating Garnet, you get the Gem Badge which lets you use Strength out of battle, and you get the new TM21, Earth Power.

NAJzonc.png

I've also remapped Corona Cave.

You can download the newest patch to have access to this.

Last edited:

Orifiel

Priestess
Years
Is "Gem badge" sounded like "Gym badge"?
Probably is was only me. Good work, I'll be waiting for the final release
and I'll try it myself for sure. It's been a long time since I play one again.

Wyvern123

Hacker, Fanfic Writer
Years
What version is this up to? Is it just Beta 1. Also when i played this the catacombs were REALLY glitched. There were random tiles, you could not see where you were going or where the other trainers were. It also strained my eyes to that point. I really like this hack and i want to progress, but that glitch has made me stop. Please fix it ASAP.

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Aug 26, 2023
Yeah, I just reached the catacombs and there were glitched tree tiles EVERYWHERE. I also downloaded the latest beta. I can't really progress since I don't know where I'm going. :/ Nice hack though. While I was trying to find my way through on the glitched floor a found a Croagunk! :D

Years
Is "Gem badge" sounded like "Gym badge"?
Probably is was only me. Good work, I'll be waiting for the final release
and I'll try it myself for sure. It's been a long time since I play one again.
That's a weird pun but it wasn't intended. Thanks.

What version is this up to? Is it just Beta 1. Also when i played this the catacombs were REALLY glitched. There were random tiles, you could not see where you were going or where the other trainers were. It also strained my eyes to that point. I really like this hack and i want to progress, but that glitch has made me stop. Please fix it ASAP.
Yeah, I just reached the catacombs and there were glitched tree tiles EVERYWHERE. I also downloaded the latest beta. I can't really progress since I don't know where I'm going. :/ Nice hack though. While I was trying to find my way through on the glitched floor a found a Croagunk! :D
Oh wow I didnt even notice that. That wasn't like that before. You can redownload (you might need to start again) and it'll all be fine.

There's also going to be Quiver Dance and Close Combat in that patch.

Wyvern123

Hacker, Fanfic Writer
Years
Well, the glitch was still there but i managed to get through the catacombs, just letting you know. I saw that i should not open the dex until i get the elemental monkeys. What ARE the elemental monkeys? Are they parnpour, pansear, and pansage?

I found several of them but didn't catch them. Instead i found a Riolu.

Here is something you should improve in your next update Sperical Ice. When talking to people i noticed that the text box ends without the A or B button. I really want to read what people have to say. If you could please fix this.

Last edited by a moderator:
Years
Well, the glitch was still there but i managed to get through the catacombs, just letting you know.
Um, I'm guessing you didn't restart? Delete your .sav and it will be fixed.

I saw that i should not open the dex until i get the elemental monkeys. What ARE the elemental monkeys? Are they parnpour, pansear, and pansage?
Where did you get that idea from?

Here is something you should improve in your next update Sperical Ice. When talking to people i noticed that the text box ends without the A or B button. I really want to read what people have to say. If you could please fix this.
I don't encounter this except for signposts really.

Last edited:

Wyvern123

Hacker, Fanfic Writer
Years
Huh, well. The elemental monkeys were from some other hack sorry. I did delete the .sav and it was still there. Also there is a gold poke ball that requires cut after you get the second gym badge. It asked me to cut the poke ball and it froze there. Just letting you know. Sorry if i am being a bother with all of this.

Years
Huh, well. The elemental monkeys were from some other hack sorry. I did delete the .sav and it was still there. Also there is a gold poke ball that requires cut after you get the second gym badge. It asked me to cut the poke ball and it froze there. Just letting you know. Sorry if i am being a bother with all of this.

Sounds like a patching error. Search for the ROM 1635 - Pokemon Fire Red (U)(Squirrels) and try again

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back