• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

A Beginner's guide to inserting d/p sprites into a gba rom(No need to outline)

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Apr 9, 2024
Finally!Now,i know how to insert sprites!I got bored with mapping and scripting!
Thanx psyduck!

Years
  • Seen Sep 4, 2009
Thank you so much man.One thing whats wrong with the blue outlining?Is there someway to fix or if i can make it black some how?

Years
  • Seen Feb 19, 2019
yeah some pokemons have that blue outline just goto paint and fix it. its not that noticable anyways.

onyx79

Red Dead Revolver
Years
I need to do all the ways here?because some are really hard...
and the unlz doesn't work...
it doesn't shows me the picture of my 4th pokemon...
ut shows nothing to me...

Banjora Marxvile

hOI!!!!!! i'm tEMMIE!!
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Apr 10, 2024
What if i want to keep all the pokemons and still have dp pokemons?

Without Engine Hacking, there are 25 free data slots between Celebi and Treecko. Insert your pokemon into free hex spane (look at torferno-x's tutorial for more information on this).

Years
  • Seen Sep 4, 2009
Okay thanks man i just got it fixed with the dotted lines! now can i add others besides just D/P Sprites?like my own custom.

Years
  • Seen Oct 4, 2009
Would this also work for the backsprite? Changing the front sprite of Trecko to Turtwig worked fine, but changing the back sprite of Trecko to Turtwig didn't quite work. If I fix one, the other is messed up. Any ideas?

I indexed the sprites by myself, and I think that might be part of the problem. Can anyone index the Turtwig sprites (Front and back regular) for me? If it doesn't work after someone else's sprites, I don't know what to do.

Years
  • Seen Jun 21, 2009
I inserted riolu with a grey background and then i inserted it into the rom then i clicked next and went back to it the background was blue and the picture was all fussy not the background but riolu. how do i fix it?

Years
  • Seen Oct 4, 2009
You should make a guide on replacing backsprites. Using UNLZ.GBA doesn't work, and I think there's something different you have to do to get it to work. The backsprite after the front sprite in UNLZ.GBA is for shiny, and the backsprite of the regular sprite becomes discolored.

kaka1918

sorry im bad in english
Years
I can take tuto in my forum with credit definitely on coach I am going to translate it into French

Giratina the master

A Member looking for ROM help
Years
  • Seen Feb 8, 2010
whay does when i use it with emerald it dosent work
edit it does work but is this supposed to happen
picture.php

Last edited:

jonnO'brien

wont be back.
Years
  • Seen Jul 14, 2009
Okay, heres what happend to me.
I inserted the DP starters and The front sprites worked just fine, but when i went to battle with them, the back sprites were all weird and discolored.
I use a program called photofiltre because it can index the sprites by itself.
Also, I use pokepic, and when i insert the pokemon it always says the image is too big, expand the rom for further space.
So i open RS Ball, and the sprites look fine. But in the game they dont.
Are there any pokepic tutorials? Unlz-gba doesnt work on my computer. /:

Years
  • Seen Feb 18, 2010
More than one

I can't seem to change more than one gym leader without the other one i've already done glitching and turning a blackish colour. Help?

Master Terrador

Mostly Dead
Years
Didn't notice this...I was going to put one of these up...but it looks like you beat me to it...

@JohnObrien~Did you use FSF to redirect it to an offset...you must do that or you'll a message Saying its too big...But I can't be sure of this cause I use Unlz...I'm pretty sure your BackSprite Problem is due to you not inserting the Shiny Backsprite...You must insert the SHINY backsprite or it will have an odd Palette...If I'm wrong feel free to Correct me...

Last edited:

jonnO'brien

wont be back.
Years
  • Seen Jul 14, 2009
Didn't notice this...I was going to put one of these up...but it looks like you beat me to it...

@JohnObrien~Did you use FSF to redirect it to an offset...you must do that or you'll a message Saying its too big...But I can't be sure of this cause I use Unlz...I'm pretty sure your BackSprite Problem is due to you not inserting the Shiny Backsprite...You must insert the SHINY backsprite or it will have an odd Palette...If I'm wrong feel free to Correct me...

Well actually i didnt really know how to use FSF, So thats why I didnt do it.
And yeah, I inserted both the front sprite, back sprite, and shiny back sprite.
and it looked fine. All the front sprites look normal, but the back ones, uhm, the colors seem to look, different. kind of like, metalic-ish? Ah, I wish I could upload attachments, haha!

Master Terrador

Mostly Dead
Years
You must redirect it to an Offset or it won't look normal...You can Find offset through Hexing too...Though I'd recommend Using FSF...I'd show you but I havent Inserted Backsprites yet...

EDIT-Heres are some Examples of a perfect Backsprites...
Pokemon-FireRed_03.png

Pokemon-FireRed_02.png

Pokemon-FireRed_01.png

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Last edited:
Back