• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

I THINK COOLSVILLE SUCKS

Honest

Hi!
Years
Dat inspiration.

New York City? Yeah, I'm definitely proud. We've managed to reduce crime in this place so much, it really astounds me sometimes. It's also just really well known, so maybe I'm a little biased? Hah, but yeah. NYC is my baby.

Years
Sydney is actually one of the cooler parts of Australia to live in, and anyone who follows the Olympics would know it cuz it hosted the Olympics in 2000, which were apparently the first ones I ever watched on TV. Some people think it's weird because it has a bridge that looks like a giant coathanger but it's a very iconic part of Australia but it's a really great tourist destination. I only live like two suburbs south of the city area itself but I still do live fairly close. And also it's home to some of Australia's most famous beaches as well!

I think it's a great part of Australia to live in, and I wouldn't have liked living anywhere else.

Broken_Arrow

Paper Plane
Years
Yes,i am..it's a beautiful city and a peaceful place by the shore of the sea,is there any better?? ..the only thing i hate about it that it gets sooo quite in winter.

nimbo

~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jul 16, 2016
I'm from Detroit and I am not proud of it. It's bankrupt and crime is insanely high, there isn't much to be proud of.

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
Years
Montreal? It's not bad. Lots and lots of events during both winter and summer (Obviously there's more in summer, but wtv :])

Thing I hate? Expensive public transport fee and they're not reliable at times you need them to be and always constructions going around in Montreal so it's hard to drive around. But security wise, it's really nice. We've had 12 murders since January which isn't so bad right? Compared to other cities.

We have a good number of malls here and it's also home to the biggest underground mall in the world (Which is getting boring for me now, since I go there often)

But Montreal is a nice place for both living here and visiting, I like my city and I'm not planning on moving to another city, I wanna stay here :3

Black Ice

[XV]
Years
  • Seen Oct 4, 2023
pros: one of the cheapest places in the nation, plenty of stuff to do, not redneck like the rest of the state
cons: everyone thinks there's nothing to do and that it's redneck like the rest of the state, dumbass governor

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jun 29, 2019
Since my hometown is basically a gang infested trashheap nowadays I wouldn't say that I'm proud of it in the slightest.

Khoshi

[b]とてもかわいい![/b]
Years
Hm.

My hometown is full of drunks and junkies. As in, people who are just really stupid and...yeah.

I'm not really proud, but home is home, and that's what counts.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
My hometown of Mexicali, Baja California, Mexico...

Not so much, actually. Lately crime has been a huge factor there, and traffic is effing horrible. So no. I hate it there sooo much.

Kura

twitter.com/puccarts
Years
Woodbridge, the suburbs of Toronto. I think the only annoying thing I could say about it are the bad public transportation, and the parking-lot loiterers, and the spoiled kids, but everything else is really nice. In retrospect, the cons aren't even that bad at all. Especially with having Toronto right closeby, it's easy to go into the city if you wanted to have a day out or find something you needed. I'm proud of it and I miss it.

Firox

eepz, come help pwease!
Years
I have not been to my hometown in over 17 years, Anaheim CA (which is a suburb of Los Angeles), so I don't know how its changed for the good or bad, so when I was there I was young so I remember very little of it. I can't rate my hometown at all. I would love to go back and visit some day.

Last edited:

Treecko

the princess without voice
Years
My hometown is St.Louis, Missouri which I still live in today. I would say I'm proud of living there for the most part. Crime rate there is a bit lower it seems than it was, but it consistently has been placed as the most dangerous city in US, but it hasn't been as bad as it used to be it seems. Though I haven't witnessed as much crime in my area of the city. One plus is that traffic's pretty good here. While I wouldn't say it isn't non-existent, it's not as bad as some cities. It's easy to get from one place to another without much delay. Though some time you might have be stuck in jam, but they only last 2-5 minutes tops. One thing I love about St. Louis is there's many fun things to do that are free. We have a free zoo, a free art museum, free science museum and planetarium, free history museum , and an outdoor musical theatre that has 1500 free seats and with 11000 seats in the largest outdoor theatre in the nation, also known as The Muny. The Muny is rather famous too cause there's been numerous numbers of celebrities who's appeared in shows. For example , John O Hurley from Seinfeld, was in their performance of Spamalot and played King Arthur too, the main role. I went last Monday and it was excellent! And Phyllis Smith from The Office is gonna be in an upcoming version of the musical Nunsance .Plus we have The Cardinals, the most decorated and most successful baseball team in all of MLB history with eleven World Series championships, 18 National League pennants, and ten division titles.

So overall, I would say I'm proud for most part, though there's some things like crime , I'm not so happy of.

Years
My hometown is Tampa, in which I reside now in one of its many suburbs. I am not proud of it because I've lived here my entire life, but I at least know my way around the city without a GPS.

However, I guess what makes me proud is that crime in Tampa is nothing like crime in the neighboring county of Polk, where crime is tremendous.

Elaitenstile

I am legend
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Feb 27, 2015
When I was less than a year old, I moved away from my hometown and never re-visited for much time, so I don't think I have a good opinion on it. Although for the next five years I lived in a place of extreme awesomeness and stuffz. Added to that was natural beauty and having an actual garden, as well as befriending a wild peacock. Nostalgia hits me all day long

Sweets Witch

I just love ham jerky.
Years
Depends on which one I count. I don't remember living in Brooklyn all too well because I was so young, but I certainly don't take pride in the craphole where I grew up in SC (not gonna name the actual city). Actually, all of SC is a craphole.

Nakala Pri

I used to be, but not now. It used to be a beautiful community with everything you needed. Next thing I know I am standing in a wasteland of drunkies, weirdo's and most probably perverts.

WHY DOES GOD HATE NICE TOWNS???!!!

Back