• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Hack of the Month] Voting - June 2009

Hack of the Month

• Pokémon Crono

Votes: 102 59.6%
  • Pokémon Moonshine

Votes: 25 14.6%
  • Pokémon DarkBlue Version

Votes: 44 25.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

insectduel

ROM-Hacker, YouTube content creator
Years
You shouldn't have voted for Moonshine just because you can understand its language.

Exactly, even Touhoumon has Japanese language when the new game comes out. Hacks should be only based on scripts, graphics, gameplay, bugfindings, etc.

The reason why I vote DarkBlue because of good scripting and uses Diamond and Pearl Pokemon.

Years
  • Age 32
  • UK
  • Seen Oct 17, 2023
Exactly, even Touhoumon has Japanese language when the new game comes out. Hacks should be only based on scripts, graphics, gameplay, bugfindings, etc.

The reason why I vote DarkBlue because of good scripting and uses Diamond and Pearl Pokemon.

Actually its perfectly fair to vote for one that you can understand, its hard to tell if the scripts are good if you don't understand the language I think, and voting just on looks is rather blind too.

Voting for a story isn't perfect either because you don't know how well it has been implemented XD so yeah.

Lady Berlitz

Cinnamon ♪
Years
Actually its perfectly fair to vote for one that you can understand, its hard to tell if the scripts are good if you don't understand the language I think, and voting just on looks is rather blind too.

Voting for a story isn't perfect either because you don't know how well it has been implemented XD so yeah.
Scripts are whole new languages altogether; they aren't English or Spanish. I don't see a point in voting for "how well a story has been implemented," because a story can easily be changed based on how the game was made.

Though it may affect gameplay and it does help to know a common knowledge of the language to understand the storyline of the game, it shouldn't affect how good or bad the game is.

Years
  • Seen Nov 21, 2016
Moonshine... looks like i'm in the minority here however.
i think because i like a more professional hack, and tiles don't necessarily do it for me as scripts do
Spoiler:

Samike360

Lover of May
Years
I vote for Pokemon DarkBlue because although I haven't got around to playing it, I like the tiles and the looks of it, and I can't get Crono to work on my emulator :(

Alec_

Years
Perhaps. I should vote for Pokemon DarkBlue. I know it's in a Spanish Language. But the story seems awesome. The Scripts / Events are truly wonderful. Especially the Tiles.
So i vote for Pokemon Dark Blue Version.

~Fairytales.

Years
  • Seen Aug 19, 2013
I played Chrono. After talking to Lance, I challenged the fisherman, only to find that Poochyena had disappeared! Plus it's crudely translated from Italian... So Chrono is out for me. Moonshine is not available on the thread itself. I guess that leaves Dark Blue.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Oct 21, 2019
I voted Moonshine, because of Ninja Caterpie's determination to keep it going, and the commendable amount of effort he has spent on it over the year.

Years
Pokemon Crono has a glitch where you lose your Pokemon. Pokemon DarkBlue has changed tilesets and a beta release. I'm voting for Moonshine because I like hacks with Fire Red and Emerald tilesets instead of hacks with edited tilesets.(I like hacks with changed tilesets too) I'm also voting for Moonshine because the beta hasn't been released yet.

Vrai

can you feel my heart?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Oct 24, 2022
Moonshine takes my vote, as I think NC has definitely worked hard on it. :D
It's awesome, in any case.

Logan

[img]http://pldh.net/media/pokecons_action/403.gif
Years
Jake3 pretty much sums it up. We need to look past flashy graphics, and we need to take a look at the bigger picture. In this view, Moonshine wins by a distance.

Chibi Robo

of the entire epoch!
Years
  • Age 28
  • Cali
  • Seen Apr 2, 2013
I voted pokemon moonshine because NC deffinetly put in an outstanding ammount of effort
Great scripts
And I just love the unedited FR tileset

derozio

[b][color=red][font=helvetica][i]door-kun best boi
Years
Pokemon Crono for me as the tiles and sprites are simply beautiful!(I wish I could understand any language in the world so that I can play a wide variety of games!)

Master Terrador

Mostly Dead
Years
Crono gets my vote...
Why?:

-The Tiles and Sprites are beautiful...
-The Storyline is amazing and exciting...
-And the Scripts are really amazing...

>Dante< Really outdid himself with this hack...^^

~Shadow~

Last edited:

Fleur

~LaFleur
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Feb 28, 2012
I vote for Pokemon Crono
Crono
Tiles ++