• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

OU Team, it wins, but not as much as I'd want

Master Strife

The Local BAMF
Years
If any of these sets are on smogon, I didn't take it from their, we just had the same ideas, lol. But, I don't mind smogon sets, I just like seeing if I can come up with anything on my own first.

Jolteon @ Life Orb
Trait: Volt Absorb
EVs: 4 hp/252 spd/252 sp. atk
nature: timid
-Shadow Ball
-Signal Beam
-Thunderbolt
-Hidden Power (ice)

I like him as a lead. Only problem is when the opponents lead is a machamp, which happens often. Jolteon can get it down very low, but it always survives and hits with a dynamic punch, KO-ing it. But, most other leads I end up OHKO-ing. I once sweeped a team with this guy, so, he's probably gonna stay, just any suggestion for Machamp?

Gengar @ Black Sludge
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 4 hp/ 252 spd/ 252 sp. atk
-Confuse Ray
-Attract
-Trick
-Sludge Bomb

This guy is mainly for the lols. People freak out when I get them with confuse ray and attract. It's the most hilarious thing ever. Then I trick and give them black sludge. But, besides the lols I actually do like him. He's good (1) at making my opponent show me their pokemon with multiple switches, (2) mess up their game by getting them mad, (3) helps me kill Blisseys, and (4) causing good 'ol rage quits XD.

CHarizard @ Leftovers
Trait: Blaze
EVs: 252 hp/ 128 Def/ 128 Sp. def
nature: modest
-Flamethrower
-Air slash
-Earthquake
-Thunder Punch

Yes, I know, he's not that great. He was an experiment that went wrong. Replacements are welcome :D. A fire type, preferably. Just not Heatran. I've seen him so much, I now hate him lolz.

Rhyperior @ Passho Berry
Trait: Solid Rock
EVs: 164 hp/ 92 def/ 252 sp. def
nature: sassy
-Thunder Punch
-Avalanche
-Rock Slide
-Earthquake

I effin love this guy! I just love him! He can take most hits, and usually deals out more than he takes!

Feraligatr @ Expert Belt(item replacement suggestions?)
Trait: Torrent
EVs: 252 atk/ 128 def/ 128 sp. def
nature: adament
-Earthquake
-Dragon Claw
-Ice Punch
-Waterfall

I've always been back and forth with him. Should he stay or should he go?

Sceptile @ Big Root(saved him with extra hp a few times)
Trait: Overgrow
EVs: 4 hp/ 252 spd/ 252 sp. atk
-Giga Drain
-Focus Blast
-Dragon Pulse
-Hidden Power(fire)

(edit-forgot this :P) He's my favorite pokemon EVER so he's staying, but any moveset suggestions?

aragornbird

(。◕‿‿◕。)
Years
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

You're better off using Smogon sets, because your own sets aren't that good, except for Jolteon.

JOLTEON

This is a standard set, but it's a terrible lead. Every lead Jolteon will face can survive it's attacks, either due to Focus Sash or simply by having good defenses. Keep Jolteon in the back of your team because it's definitely a useful Pokemon, just not as a lead.

GENGAR

Ugh, terrible! What kind of a set is this?

You have two bad moves here:

Attract - Never ever use Attract. It's a bad move because it won't work over half the time due to your opponent being genderless or the same gender as you.
Confuse Ray - Confusion is the worst out of all the status effects, it doesn't even do anything half the time, and it's easily cured simply by switching out. Forcing an opponent to switch is pointless if you don't have any entry hazards. No Stealth Rock, no Spikes, no Toxic Spikes, no nothing. That means opponents can switch as often as they like without taking any sort of damage.

Attract and Confuse Ray are two moves Gengar should never have. The same goes for Sludge Bomb. Poison is the worst type of move. It's only supereffective against Grass, but resisted by a ton of things including Steel, the most commonly used type in the game. Even if you're a Poison type, you should avoid using Poison moves if you can learn better moves (which Gengar can).

Forget about this crappy set. Use a set that actually works:

Gengar @Life Orb
Timid Nature
4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spd

-Shadow Ball
-Focus Blast
-Substitute
-Pain Split

If you want to annoy people, then Substitute + Pain Split is way more annoying than Attract and Confuse Ray will ever be. Blissey is helpless against this set since Pain Split does massive amounts of damage while healing Gengar at the same time.

CHARIZARD

Infernape is superior, mainly due to not being 4x weak to Stealth Rock.

Infernape @Life Orb
Naive Nature
252 Atk / 64 SpA / 192 Spd

-Fire Blast
-Close Combat
-Grass Knot
-Hidden Power Ice

RHYPERIOR

No, Rhyperior isn't as good as you'd think. Terribly slow and tons of weaknesses to common attacks. Swampert is a far better defensive Ground type and it also makes a good lead for your team.

Swampert @Leftovers
Impish Nature
252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def

-Waterfall
-Earthquake
-Stealth Rock
-Roar

FERALIGATR

This guy is outclassed by Gyarados due to its Fighting + Ground resistance, also Intimidate.

Gyarados @Leftovers/Life Orb
Adamant/Jolly
252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spd

-Waterfall
-Stone Edge
-Earthquake
-Dragon Dance

SCEPTILE

Sceptile's problem is that it's too frail and Giga Drain is a terrible move which is really weak and won't heal much, even with Big Root (which is a terrible item).

Shaymin is an overall better special sweeper:

Shaymin @Life Orb
Timid
32 HP / 252 SpA / 224 Spd

-Seed Flare
-Earth Power
-Hidden Power Ice
-Rest

Years
  • Seen Jul 4, 2015
I notice this is an OU rmt, but half your team is uu or below. Honestly, i'd consider basing a uu team around what you have. Replace charizard for moltres as a lead:

Moltres@choice scarf
Modest
252 spA, 248 speed, 8 def
~ overheat/fire blast
~air slash
~ u~turn
~hp ice/grass

Keep sceptile and feraligatr if you want... but you need something like a hitmontop foresight rapid spinner. Can't remember if raikou is still uu... if so try a revenge killing dugtrio standard with this group or a bulky spiritomb for spin~blocking and general stalling.
Hope this helps.

Edit: wow that gengar helps you kill blisseys?! I'd love to see that :)

Last edited:

Master Strife

The Local BAMF
Years
Edit: wow that gengar helps you kill blisseys?! I'd love to see that :)
Yeah, it does lol. I confuse it, give it black sludge, and bombard it with sludge bomb. Sludge bomb does decent damage. Only way for the blissey to survive is to constantly use softboiled. And, this is just luck, but the confusion stops it from attacking a lot lolz. If it's a guy, they attack even less cuz of attract. And, unlike what Birdy said, with both on, they rarely attack.

aragornbird

(。◕‿‿◕。)
Years

You realize that Blisseys can NEVER be male, right? Besides, it's a gimmick set that relies on luck and you should never rely on luck to win. Besides, the SubSplit set beats Blissey 100% of the time instead of 50% of the time and it works against other opponents besides Blissey.

Back