• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Pokécommunity Pokedex Project [Read First Post!]

Years
  • Seen Dec 2, 2016
I am gonna upload the dragon eevee tomorrow. I got a long term solution to the problem Alexial. It's not a personal gain of mine but if you want to we can make a hack that is not secluded but open to the community. That is of course if the artists wanna do it of course :)

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
@Nakuzami : And I'm all for a second fakedex! And a third and a fourth at that. n_n; Pretty much whatever you guys want to do. You guys are the heart and soul of this project, after all! But, we should get through this fakedex first, before we start talking about another one. ;)

Also, take your time with the Eevee. There's no rush and no pressure on coloring. And don't be afraid to ask your fellow artists for help! This project is designed to make the best fakemon possible and play to your strengths as artists. You do what your comfortable with and we'll be happy with the result, I can guarantee it.

@ Sunny : Ah! Why yes, A&D has had Pokedex projects in the past! :) This is a big community after all, and I'm part of a looong line of moderators who launched similar projects. That being said, this is the first Pokedex project that's gained any momentum in a very, very long time (I don't have specific dates, but I'm willing to look it up if your curious). But, in my humble opinion, this is the best Pokedex yet. ;D

@ BeefTaco : That's because you are part of the team, silly! :p And I definitely agree with your sentiments. Art is not just about your own skills, but the skills of who you admire as well.

Ya'll want some mortal combat over the Steel Eevee? GO FOR IT! Nah, I'll make a post later with all of the options so everyone can see them side by side, and we'll make a decision then. :)

I am gonna upload the dragon eevee tomorrow. I got a long term solution to the problem Alexial. It's not a personal gain of mine but if you want to we can make a hack that is not secluded but open to the community. That is of course if the artists wanna do it of course
1.%20smile.gif

Come on now. I told you before, if you want to work on your game, please talk about it and assemble a team outside of this thread and A&D, okay? If you'd like to talk about this further, please PM me. :) Can't wait to see your Dragon Eevee though!

Nakuzami

[img]https://i.imgur.com/iwlpePA.png[/img]
Years
So, Cirreon colored looks something like this:
Spoiler:

I'm attempting to draw something completely digital, but it's coming out awkward. At first I was going to take some sort of undead-horse approach, which actually sounds cool and I might still do it, but I erased that and tried to make a Pokemon based off of an Orthrus, which is a two-headed dog with a serpentine tail. . . . Although I just realized that I forgot the second head. ._.; Good thing it's not even far enough along to be called a sketch yet! ^-^;

@Alexial - Yes, one at a time! I'm sure we can complete this thing in no time at all. ;3
If anyone wants to help with Cirreon's coloring or give her a more dynamic pose (or any of my pokemon, really), go for it. d:

Years
  • Age 31
  • PR
  • Seen Sep 16, 2014
So I thought of some designs ideas based on Greek mythology that anyone can pick and draw if they want. Ok here is my first one, its a pair so be ready draw two pokemon

The Fox and the Hound

This two designs are based on the two mythological animals the Teumessian fox and the Laelaps. These creatures are based on the paradox of the dog(Laelaps) who always caught its prey and the fox(Teumessian fox) who could never be caught. I combined this with a Moon and Sun theme, everyday the Sun looks for the Moon but the Moon always hides and when the Sun sets is when the Moon appears.

The design of the dog would be based on a Golden Retriever but with bright white fur, this is a pokemon so some aspects should be exaggerated maybe make the fur longer than usual but make sure the dog still looks like a Golden Retriever. The fox would look like a normal fox but a slightly sleeker look and black fur, also it must have some type of ghostly detail. The dog would be Normal-type and the fox Ghost-type, two type that cant clash just like the paradox.

Note* Whoever picks up this design can change things as they like this is just my view on how it should look.

Nakuzami

Years
So I thought of some designs ideas based on Greek mythology that anyone can pick and draw if they want. Ok here is my first one, its a pair so be ready draw two pokemon

The Fox and the Hound

This two designs are based on the two mythological animals the Teumessian fox and the Laelaps. These creatures are based on the paradox of the dog(Laelaps) who always caught its prey and the fox(Teumessian fox) who could never be caught. I combined this with a Moon and Sun theme, everyday the Sun looks for the Moon but the Moon always hides and when the Sun sets is when the Moon appears.

The design of the dog would be based on a Golden Retriever but with bright white fur, this is a pokemon so some aspects should be exaggerated maybe make the fur longer than usual but make sure the dog still looks like a Golden Retriever. The fox would look like a normal fox but a slightly sleeker look and black fur, also it must have some type of ghostly detail. The dog would be Normal-type and the fox Ghost-type, two type that cant clash just like the paradox.

Note* Whoever picks up this design can change things as they like this is just my view on how it should look.

._.;
Time to open my sketchbook. xD
I actually thought of trying to draw those two before, but not in such a way. Your outline gives me a few ideas . . . hmm. I'll have to try it out.

EDIT: Oh, but this doesn't mean that nobody else should try the designs. ._.; Go right ahead, lol.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
Nakuzami, mind if I try spriting your Cirreon? It's simplistic, colorful, and interesting. I have a feeling you will be very surprised if I take a shot at it ....That came out wrong. I'm not praising my own artistic abilities, of course. What I mean is, you'll be surprised when you see it in as a sprite, which is completely different than a full piece. .__.;

And don't fret. n_n; There's plenty of ideas to go around ~

Nakuzami

Years
Of course you can! I was actually hoping you would. ^-^;
Now, to stop watching Glee and to actually pay attention to my sketchbook. . . .

Years
  • Age 31
  • PR
  • Seen Sep 16, 2014
I'm glad you picked up the design Nakuzami and don't worry I have a few more design ideas to post tommorow.

Years
I've been away for a few days, so I'll start contributing soon. One thing I noticed are the awesome sprites Alexial's been making! However, I just want to point out that if these are supposed to be like ingame sprites, they're wayyy too big! Ingame DS sprites fit within a 96 x 96 pixel square:

IE2utoq.png

See how Flareon fits inside the square with lots of room to go, and the ground eevee fills up most of the space while the bug eevee goes over a little? Much too big! But if this is just sprite artwork then it's fine, just thought I'd point this out!

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
Yeah no it's totally supposed to just be sprite artwork. These are not intended to be "legit" in any way, shape, or form. But thank you, for being so observant nonetheless, Golurk. :)

edit : unless of course you guys want to do in-game accurate sprites? :o In which case we will need to outsource to PA because I am in no way a spriter. I just do this for fun with no real emphasis on diligence or correctness.

Nakuzami

Years
If we did want to make something involving legit-seeming sprites, it wouldn't be difficult to just cut their sizes in half. They'd still look alright whilst maintaining the proper size.

So, I'm drawing this Teumessian Fox . . . it's fun, lol.

EDIT: Here's the first sketch of Teurrorox.
Spoiler:

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
Heeeyyy Nakuzami. n_n;

What do you think of this pixel art of your Cirreon?

Cirreon_sprite_zpsc3c086b2.png

I took some small, creative liberties like removing the fluff around the paws. It just seemed too busy, what with the main fluff's location. I also added a second layer to the wings, and lightened Cirreon up a touch. Now it's like a super light periwinkle. I still want to honor the original design though, so I hope I didn't change it too much. ;o; Feel free to make any changes / suggestions / comments you deem fit. :)

Also, I really like the fox a lot. It looks so pretty and feminine without crossing the line into Vulpix or Fennekin. I'll happily draw the dog counterpart when I have the time. :)

Sableye~

Back to PC~
Years
  • Seen Jan 4, 2018
I have the palette for the bug-type eeveelution ready, but my vision isn't the best and I've been having a very hard time telling the colors apart. I'll attempt to finish it by tonight, but my eyes are about burned out from staring at the screen haha. I'll wear my glasses when I start up again, to (hopefully) make it easier.

I'm thinking slightly-darker-than icy blue for the eyes, somewhat dark purple for the main body, lavender wings, and the spots/antennae/etc. will be dark blue-green. Does that seem like it would look good?

Nakuzami

Years
Heeeyyy Nakuzami. n_n;

What do you think of this pixel art of your Cirreon?

Cirreon_sprite_zpsc3c086b2.png

I took some small, creative liberties like removing the fluff around the paws. It just seemed too busy, what with the main fluff's location. I also added a second layer to the wings, and lightened Cirreon up a touch. Now it's like a super light periwinkle. I still want to honor the original design though, so I hope I didn't change it too much. ;o; Feel free to make any changes / suggestions / comments you deem fit. :)

Also, I really like the fox a lot. It looks so pretty and feminine without crossing the line into Vulpix or Fennekin. I'll happily draw the dog counterpart when I have the time. :)

I quite like it. :3 The color is nice—closer to what I had intended than what I colored it—and it's fine that the tufts around the legs are gone. That could be something addressed in the flavor text—much like Vaporeon turning into water, perhaps Cirreon could become as ethereal as a cloud?
The only thing I would like to see is the wings to be a bit whiter. I don't know, for some reason I feel that they should be. I'm not sure what that reason is, though. .-.

And thanks for the compliment on Teurrorox. ^-^; Your sprites really are great, by the way. d:

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
Thank you so much! I'm very new into the world of spriting, so comments like that mean the world to me.

I'll go ahead and make the feathers (not necessarily the entire wing -- and what I mean by that is the joint to where it connects to the back) that light grey and post it so you can determine the best route from there. :)

And that's funny, cause I had the same thought for Antaeon. Where it can phase between the ground and whatnot (see the flavor text). But hey, that concept makes even more sense with a Flying type, so I'd definitely go with that. Besides, I initially changed Antaeon's category to "The Mud Armor" pokemon while I had that idea in mind, where Golurk originally had it listed as (correct me if I'm wrong) The "Ground Healing" Pokemon, which I like a lot better anyway.

tl;dr I like the idea of Cirreon being able to phase into a mist / cloud and it should use that instead of Antaeon.

Now! Time for a big important message from the host!

Spoiler:

Just thought you guys deserved a little notice of encouragement. Hope ya'll don't mind if I do this every now and again!

Years
  • Age 31
  • PR
  • Seen Sep 16, 2014
Nakuzami@ I like the design, I agree with Alexial it has a real feminine look.

Alexial@ Those are some nice words Alexial, I feel the same way about this project.

Anyway here is my second design if anyone wants to pick it up, its not really all that creative is more of a design you wonder why game freak hasn't done yet

The Nemean Lion

Yes! a lion, why hasn't Gamefreak created a lion pokemon yet? its one of the most iconic animals in the world.

The Nemean Lion is part of the story of Heracles in Greek Mythology, it was said to have a golden mane and was impervious to all attack so Heracles had to strangle it. When I heard the word golden mane it reminded me of fire so this will be a Fire Lion. The design is really simple, it would look like a powerful lion with a vicious look, the mane and the tail hair will be replace with flames and its colors would be an orange flame kinda like Moltres with the skin being the same color but lighter.

I think this pokemon deserves 3 evolutions, a lion cub -> maneless lion-> actual lion. If somebody does the Nemean Lion ill do the other 2 stage evolutions. The typing for this pokemon could be either pure Fire or Fire/Ground.

Heres a picture to get you inspired(its a big picture)

Spoiler:

Last edited:

Nakuzami

Years
Thank you so much! I'm very new into the world of spriting, so comments like that mean the world to me.

I'll go ahead and make the feathers (not necessarily the entire wing -- and what I mean by that is the joint to where it connects to the back) that light grey and post it so you can determine the best route from there. :)

tl;dr I like the idea of Cirreon being able to phase into a mist / cloud and it should use that instead of Antaeon.

That's what I meant with the wings, actually. xD

Perhaps Antaeon could be some weird earth-bender? He might not be able to turn into mud, but it could, perhaps, be constantly flowing and create some weird layer over Antaeon. Below that layer could be Antaeon's real body that nobody ever sees, and, from what you've said, the mud could have healing properties. Some odd mineral combination, perhaps?

And . . . thanks for the praised. ^u^ I'm not sure what else to say besides that, lol.

@BeefTaco - Thanks. :3
Well, Luxray is a lion pokemon, and I'd say that Arcanine is a cross between a lion and a tiger. A Liger, or Tigon, if you will.
But the concept is always a great idea. I may attempt it, but I think I'll give someone else the chance to try it, lol.

Years
  • Age 31
  • PR
  • Seen Sep 16, 2014
I totally forgot about Luxray, althought it doesn't look that much like a Lion and I think Arcanine is a dog. Anyway I'm gonna star to draw the two pre-evolutions :) , been a long time since I've drawn something cute.

Sableye~

Back to PC~
Years
  • Seen Jan 4, 2018
I hadn't realized that Cirreon's sprite was not complete and came up with shiny versions last night.
I was working on this after midnight, so I probably made some mistakes haha.
cultx.jpg

Sorry about them not having a transparent background. I'm going to start editing them on Photoshop Elements so I can change that.

Years
  • Seen Dec 2, 2016
sorry Alexial typed without thinking. I am gonna upload the Dragon eevee later it will be called draceon

Back