• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ritchie's Fakemon

Ritchie

EV trainer
Years
I've started spriting days ago and here is my work, (10 sprites, 4 Fakemon). Note that these Fakemon were created / thought / imagined by me so don't steal them or use them somewhere else.

01 - ???

01-f.gif
01-m.gif

Spoiler:

02 - Larvug

02.gif
& (by me) -->
larvug.gif
& (by me)

Spoiler:

03 - Mostug

03-f.gif
(by me) -->
03-f.gif
(by PBFHDude) -->
mostug.gif
(by me / Nintendo*) -->
mostug-v2.gif
(by me) -->
mostug-v3.gif
(by me)
*Right fingers from Haunter's DP Sprite.

Spoiler:

04 - Hemosquito

04.gif

Spoiler:

05 - ???

05-2.gif
&

Spoiler:

06 - ???

08.gif
& (by me) -->
08-1.png
& (by me)

Spoiler:

07 - Camoufly

07.gif
&

Spoiler:

09 - ???

09.gif
&

Spoiler:

10 - ???
skii.gif
&

Spoiler:

12 - Dodo
kiwi.gif
dodo.gif

Spoiler:

13 - Pavidisus
birdparadise.gif

Spoiler:

Other

Spoiler:

Last edited:

Ritchie

EV trainer
Years
Added another Fakemon:
It's an anemone ( Water / Posion ), it can use its "tentacles" as fingers so it can learn elemental punches.

I've received no comments so far, but that hasn't let me down. I'll keep adding sprites, see you everybody.

Eos Aduro

The Kid with the Bullet Soul
Years
The number 8 one looks like an Ambush Bug, sort of! And they concepts are good, but there are a few things you may want to rework.

The left leg of the first sprite appears to be unconnected to the body, moving it to be aligned with the right leg may work.

The body of the Larvug appears 2 dimensional because of the shading.

The tip of Mostugs nose blends a little bit too much with its hand, maybe give it a darker outline. And its body also needs different shading.

The Ambush bug thing needs darker outlines, but its a great sprite nonetheless.

All of your spiritng is excellent still, but I found those things to be issues if you wanted to improve the sprites.

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~

Buffalo State College
Years
They;re weird looking (in a good way) but I love the coloring and shading. Its also great how you named the Pokemon that you use to create those fakemon. My favorite one is number 09

:t354:TG

Vyro

Master Douchelord
Years
  • Seen Jun 8, 2014
my personal favorite is the metal bug thing(number 8)

toastx2009

Raising an army of Oddishes...
Years
AWESOME!

These sprites are pretty nice. One of the best ones I've seen all week! I like the mosquito Pokemon, no one I know never came up with that!

Years
Your Camoufly is pretty monochromatic. Give it a little more color. And the line down the back seems awkwardly straight. Wouldn't it be rounder?

#9 looked like a heart, then I saw it's tiny, tiny eyes. Could it have bigger, more noticeable eyes? I like it's tiny, tiny legs, though. Go figure.

postmaster

pokemon master
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Jul 18, 2009
How do I put imge here...

someone could help me...I don't now how put image

Last edited:

Ben.

Orange I s l a n d s~
Years
numer 9 is my faviorite looks cool
i wish it was mine :'(
anyway are you using them in a game?

Ritchie

EV trainer
Years
Thanks everyone for your comments.

The number 8 one looks like an Ambush Bug, sort of! And they concepts are good, but there are a few things you may want to rework.

The left leg of the first sprite appears to be unconnected to the body, moving it to be aligned with the right leg may work.

The body of the Larvug appears 2 dimensional because of the shading.

The tip of Mostugs nose blends a little bit too much with its hand, maybe give it a darker outline. And its body also needs different shading.

The Ambush bug thing needs darker outlines, but its a great sprite nonetheless.

All of your spiritng is excellent still, but I found those things to be issues if you wanted to improve the sprites.

Thank for the advice!

Right now I made a few changes to 08, the "ambush" bug.
08.gif
-->
08-1.png

Mostug is my favourite, but how come only one of his hands has
an arm, and the other is floating?
I think the arm is his nose

Yeah, the "arm" is its nose. I'll take Eos Aduro's advice and give it a darker outline. The hands float because it's supposed to be a ghost like Haunter or something.

Your Camoufly is pretty monochromatic. Give it a little more color. And the line down the back seems awkwardly straight. Wouldn't it be rounder?

#9 looked like a heart, then I saw it's tiny, tiny eyes. Could it have bigger, more noticeable eyes? I like it's tiny, tiny legs, though. Go figure.

I agree it's monochromatic. I'm working on Camoufly's sprite right now; it's wings (back) became a headache.

PBFHDude

Fire Type Trainer
Years
to make it seem more noticable u could try taking a leaf out of haunter's book and try outlining the hands
like this
03-f.gif

Just a suggestion

Ritchie

EV trainer
Years
to make it seem more noticable u could try taking a leaf out of haunter's book and try outlining the hands
like this
03-f.gif

Just a suggestion

Thanks, I'm working on Mostug right now. In the meantime, I made this new Fakemon.

skii.gif

Name: ???
Type(s): Water / Ice
Species: Skii Pokémon
Abilities: Quick Feet / Swift Swim
Description: Its body has a similar structure to water, it can blend with it during rain or hailstorms.
Moves: Agility, Aqua Jet, Fake Tears, Hail, Rain Dance, Icy Wind, etc.

Comments: It has the shape of a tear drop but it also has skii feet.
Palettes: Manaphy

Last edited:

Ritchie

EV trainer
Years
NEW! I made this fusion of Metang, Foretress and Venonat.
metang-bug-1.gif

NEW! Mostug sprite was remade from scratch, this one's better and even proffesional looking! I'm proud of myself.

03-f.gif
-->
mostug.gif

As you can see it's wings resemble those of Hemosquito and it's shading improved, its pose changed (obviously). Tell me what you think?

Last edited:

Xatoku

Game Developer
Years
NEW! I made this fusion of Metang, Foretress and Venonat.
metang-bug.png

NEW! Mostug sprite was remade from scratch, this one's better and even proffesional looking! I'm proud of myself.

03-f.gif
-->
mostug.gif

As you can see it's wings resemble those of Hemosquito and it's shading improved, its pose changed (obviously). Tell me what you think?

The hands are what made it look better, and the hands aren't even yours. Perhaps don't try to pull off calling Nintendo's Haunter's Hands your own. The sprite itself IMO still needs some work too, the end of the body is all jagged and I'm still finding it hard too see the mosquito portion of him, except for the stinger/nose. 3/5 but 2/5 cuz of the stolen hands.

Ritchie

EV trainer
Years
The hands are what made it look better, and the hands aren't even yours. Perhaps don't try to pull off calling Nintendo's Haunter's Hands your own. The sprite itself IMO still needs some work too, the end of the body is all jagged and I'm still finding it hard too see the mosquito portion of him, except for the stinger/nose. 3/5 but 2/5 cuz of the stolen hands.

Haunter had three fingers.
Spr_4d_093.png
-->
mostug.gif

They look similar but that's because I copied shading and fingers in the right hand.

Last edited:
Back