• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

How are you most afraid to die?

Zeffy

g'day
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Feb 7, 2024
There's no specific cause of death that frightens me more since they're all kind of abstract in a way, but I am afraid of dying suddenly before I have a chance to say any last words to people or put my affairs in order.

This.

I don't know if afterlife exists, but even then, I can't go back and say my goodbyes. It just pains me to even thing about it. ._.

ShinyUmbreon189

VLONE coming soon
Years
From where I'm from I'd have to say stabbed or shot. Especially at night. There's gangs all up and down the streets and I'm not in the hood just close to it. That's what happens when you live in the inner city or the suberbs.

Algo Fonix

oh god
Years
Cancer, most definitely. I had an uncle die from it last year. From how I was told it happened, I can't imagine a worse way to go. I actually had a few nightmares just from the description. I'd rather it be quick. Cancer is so slow and horrible.

I'd just want it over with, really.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
Years
Anything where it's long, drawn out and painful. I have a very low tolerance for pain, so being in a world of pain for a long time frightens me. If I'm going to die, I just want it to get over with quickly instead of dragging on the process.

Azonic

hello friends
Years
um

probably drowning

or some injury where im fatally bleeding and waiting for myself to run out of blood

or being killed by a ghost lol thats bad too.

Years
I'm petrified of falling down a huge building. It'd be frightening to still be alive as I'm falling and just await my death. ;_; Also scared of burning to death though, and being stabbed... ugh. Not something I want to think about right now lmao.

Broken_Arrow

Paper Plane
Years
what i fear more than death is that i'm really going to miss the people in my life..the thought of separation scares me!!..the way of death!!,i try not to think about that tbh...things like drowning or burning sounds scary!

Yukari

#4 is starvation #3 is mutilation #2 is being burned alive #1 is asphyxiation (choking drowning)

antemortem

rest after tomorrow
Years
It's a tie between being stabbed and drowning. I feel that drowning is like the sea draining the life out of you from the inside-out and I've also heard it's an extremely painful way to die and painful is not in my vocabulary. Stabbing is on equal grounds because it seems like such an easy thing to avoid/fix (take the knife out!) but... I can't really explain it. It's like one of those things where you feel like you can fix it or tell someone else how to fix it but either can't do it or the words to tell the other person how escape you and the world ends up crumbling around you because of it. ;;

Sirfetch’d

Alzheimers. I had to watch my great-grandparents go through it. It is the saddest thing I ever have seen.

Years
In general, if it's slow and painful, I don't want it. Quick and as painless as possible, please.

I'd hate to be trapped while I die. Buried alive? Drowning? Ugh.

Years
Anything where it's slow and painful would be terrible, but I feel like being trapped in some claustrophobic space with little air would be worse. For instance, if I was in a coffin underground, the panic would be unbelievable, especially if I really couldn't move and there were spiders and other bugs crawling all over me. And meanwhile said coffin really hot and gross.

Sorry, I got a little carried away.

Years
I'd have to say all of them but if I have to choose, I'd say falling from a tall building/cliff since I am totally scared of heights.

I mean, falling from massive heights would result in instant death.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen yesterday
Being stabbed or shot. I just cant imagine how that feels.

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
Years
Buried alive. Or anything to do with my neck or wrists. So strangulation/self-harm is completely off the table when it comes to killing myself. Not that I plan to kill myself... or die any time soon. But those are the ways that would most freak me out.

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
Years
Slipping on a banana then falling into a vat of toxic waste that will slowly decompose my skin while gangsters are shooting their thompsons at me at full force, and during that time wasps are stinging me right on my eyes so painfully I start to bleed from them and they're coming out of my socket and to finish it off, I get my head squashed by a huge brick that instantly flattens my head, in which by that time I think I'm pretty much dead.

Hope that never happens to me :(

Guillermo

i own a rabbit heh
Years
Apparently drowning is actually a relaxing way to go, because the last couple of minutes your body just shuts down and you feel like you're just floating in water. Not that I would want to drown.

Worst way for me would be falling from a ridiculous height and knowing you're going to die when you hit the ground, burning to death, or prolonged torture for obvious reasons.

Back