• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Pokémon] ~>{*Shiny Hunters Club}<~

Latios Master

11 Year PC Member
Years
Welcome to the club, MegaQuack8 and iZTwi! Congrats on the shinies, iZTwi!

Congrats on the shiny Gurdurr, Yami_Zidane! It's too bad you weren't able to catch the second one, but at least you got the first one. The encounter rate has not increased, unless you're using a Shiny Charm.

Congrats on the shiny Regirock, Chr. Draco!

This week's random hunt is... Seedot!

I am currently on Route 11 on Black 2.

Good luck on everyone's hunts!

Years
  • Seen Dec 13, 2013
So then, introducing my first 5th gen shiny and my only owned shiny at the moment:

Spoiler:

It's been a long day at work, I just got home and decided I'd give training my mons up on Victory Road a quick blast before I go to sleep and this dude popped up! Almost killed it as I was only half paying attention but thought it didn't look right so I looked on serebii to confirm.

Lax nature means I can't really do anything with it terms of competitive battling but hey a shiny is a shiny! and just like that I'm back in the game!

If anyone would be willing to trade so I can evolve it that would be great.

Happy Hunting guys!

EDIT: Just encountered another shiny Gurdurr on Victory Road. WTF?!? Accidentally killed it though. Has the rate in which shiny pokemon are encountered increased in this generation?

well, sometimes you get really lucky. You know that shiny Yamask i have? well, i hunted in that loactaion for at least three days before i got him right after turning on my game. It's actually happened twice to me on that one game, which is my White game. I have yet to hunt in my Black game, and my White2 refuses to give me a shiny Oshawott.....

and speaking of this, i had also bought Black2 yesterday, but will not be opening it until i beat White2.....which may take a while

Flydro

doobz
Years
Welcome to the new members of the SHC. More members, more shinies! And congrats to Yami_Zidane on getting your first new shiny Gurdurr, welcome back to game. It's crazy how you got lucky and found two of em so quickly, wish you woulda caught the other Gurdurr too. Also, another congrats to Chr. Draco on getting shiny Regirock. You should go after the whole Regi set if you dont already have any of the others.

As for my own update I'm chillin on the forums while running around in Soul Silver hunting for the shiny Skarmory, currently at 3005 REs and counting. The hunt is coming along pretty fast though, I really hope green wings shows up soon! Kinda have that feeling that this hunt will take some time but I'm in it till I get it.

But to everyone else, good luck on the hunt!

Last edited:

Shiny Dunsparce

SummerFeuer on P.G.L
Years
  • Age 33
  • FL
  • Seen Aug 5, 2014
I'm currently going for: The Shiny Master for a Shiny Sentret. I obtained a Japanese Ditto and am breeding it with my American Sentret. Wish me luck!
Using Black version.

When I first started playing Black II I caught a Shiny Sewaddle.

Last edited:

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
Years
I'm currently going for: The Shiny Master for a Shiny Sentret. I obtained a Japanese Ditto and am breeding it with my American Sentret. Wish me luck!
Using Black version.

When I first started playing Black II I caught a Shiny Sewaddle.
What a crazy coincidence! I caught one in White 2!

Ninjagon

Back from a break.
Years
Hey guys. Im back! I'm going to get a job on Friday next week (interview) so i'll be able to get a gameboy, some ds's and the sort. I will hunt again. I just needed something to get me back in to Pokemon, as I almost quit. ALMOST so Not yet haha.

Chr. Draco

Spatial Rift
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 11, 2024
Thanks for the congrats everyone
Time for another update, this time the next regi:

View attachment 66473
This was caught in a premier ball like the last one. You have to be careful when hunting It because of the colors.

Flydro said:
Welcome to the new members of the SHC. More members, more shinies! And congrats to Yami_Zidane on getting your first new shiny Gurdurr, welcome back to game. It's crazy how you got lucky and found two of em so quickly, wish you woulda caught the other Gurdurr too. Also, another congrats to Chr. Draco on getting shiny Regirock. You should go after the whole Regi set if you dont already have any of the others.

I guess I'll hunt the other two when I get the keys, for now I'll do other hunts.

Ninjagon said:
Hey guys. Im back! I'm going to get a job on Friday next week (interview) so i'll be able to get a gameboy, some ds's and the sort. I will hunt again. I just needed something to get me back in to Pokemon, as I almost quit. ALMOST so Not yet haha.

Welcome back and congrats.

Cya later and happy hunting everyone.

Spritingyoshi22

That guy over there
Years
I havn't found a Shiny Pokemon since April. So i decided to hunt a Shiny Ralts, after I lost count of how many Koffing eggs had hatched without me finding a shiny, but after just 2 encounters with Ralts I find a Shiny Bibarel in my Pokemon Platinum version!

Spoiler:

Good Luck to the rest of you with your hunts!

rager3

Akatsuki Member
Years
Hey guys haven't been posting for a while...Yet again. Anyway i've just got out of a marathon of exams and have re-watched a couple of Shiny encounter videos. So that got me all hyped up for some hunting.

Because i've restarted all of my games except my SoulSilver i've lost every single shiny i had except my Shiny Meganium on Heartgold, my Shiny Feraligatr, Shiny Raticate on FireRed and my shiny Staraptor. So i've decided to hunt a shiny on every single game in the order of the Gens starting from FireRed-Leafgreen upto Black Version.

İ think i'm gonna hunt in ways i've never before hunted. Gonna put the Pokeradar aside and bring the Soft Resetting to a minimum. İ'm gonna try out the Matsuda method for the first time on black, do random encountering more and never use repels agian. Don't know How thats going to work out for me with the little Time i have because of the Gym and sorts.

Congrats on all the shinys that you've encountered while i wasn't active especially you Yami_Zidane thats my favorite 5th Gen pokemon you've got there :D

Anyway better start hunting , hope you hear from me soon and good luck on all your hunts.

Years
Decided to pick up a copy of Silver (yes, Silver!) and HeartGold yesterday, turns out the HeartGold was the one I swapped out for Kingdom Hearts Dream Drop Distance a couple months ago, as it had the same profile and everything. About three or four hours of hunting later, this happened.

I was like "aw hell naw" and went back to it and confirmed what I thought I saw - shiny Cyndaquil! Which means I have now gotten two of the three Johto Starters shiny (although, this Cyndaquil is now my only shiny Pokemon, no time like the present to build a new collection).

Congrats on all the recent shinies guise. :D

Years

View attachment 66473
This was caught in a premier ball like the last one. You have to be careful when hunting It because of the colors.

I guess I'll hunt the other two when I get the keys, for now I'll do other hunts.

Here, have another congrats! I'm not a big fan of the regi's shiny or not, but shiny Regice is a lovely shade of blue, so enjoy it :)

I havn't found a Shiny Pokemon since April. So i decided to hunt a Shiny Ralts, after I lost count of how many Koffing eggs had hatched without me finding a shiny, but after just 2 encounters with Ralts I find a Shiny Bibarel in my Pokemon Platinum version!

Congrats! Shiny Bidoof/Bibarel isn't a huge difference to the normal but a shiny is a shiny! Treasure it! :D

I was like "aw hell naw" and went back to it and confirmed what I thought I saw - shiny Cyndaquil! Which means I have now gotten two of the three Johto Starters shiny (although, this Cyndaquil is now my only shiny Pokemon, no time like the present to build a new collection).

Congrats to you too of course! I love shiny Typhlosion so much, so I was so glad to get mine! You going to evolve yours fully? Or nickname it? Mines named Plume, it's a play on Lava Plume and Plum, because it's purple, I'm a dweeb!
Good luck on your collection too! My shiny collection is small but I love it, and one day I hope to have a Faraligatr to put next to my Typhlosion and Meganium (Hibiscus) :D

Anyways, not much to update for me, still SRing Latias, getting in a good number of SR's a day but I haven't found a good way to count yet, so I'm estimating around 100 a day atm! Musharna is going a lot slower because Latias is my main hunt so to speak but I'll get it eventually too don't worry!

Good luck everyone with current and future hunts! Also, updated my signature again to make it animated, one day I'll have a pretty shiny card though, if I can ever make one... Hehehe >3<

iZTwi

Jounin Ninja
Years
  • Seen Dec 16, 2012
Now hunting for a Shiny Combee, since I need to do something with the x67 Honey I bought a while ago xD

Flydro

doobz
Years

View attachment 66473

Cya later and happy hunting everyone.

Congrats on the Regice! I agree with the color thing, Regice is one of those shinies where it's hard to tell the difference but at least you managed to get it. Good luck with the other Regis in the future.

Spoiler:

Good Luck to the rest of you with your hunts!

Congrats to you on the Bibarel! Too bad you didnt get Ralts, but if you decide to continue to hunt for it then good luck!

Congrats on all the recent shinies guise. :D

Congrats on getting the shiny Cyndaquil Le Krome! I only have two shiny pokemon since I started playing pokemon again, but shiny Cyndaquil in Soul Silver was the first one to start off my collection as well. I got it in 12 SRs so I was really excited haha. Cool that yours is a female, since that makes it rarer than the male shiny Cyndaquil. Congrats again!

As for me, I'm still looking for Skarmory in Soul Silver. Right now I'm at 3400 REs, and trying to get as much hunting done as I can. Mannnn I just gotta find it!

Good luck to everyone ^_^

Years
Instead of using a new honey each time, you should slather honey until you find a combee and then SR for the day! Unless you're already doing that XD

As for me, I haven't really been hunting lately. Mainly due to accidentally leaving White 2 at home before embarking on a 5 day vacation... >_<

But hopefully the *spark* will come back soon!

Also, congrats to everyone who got a shiny! :D

Years
Thanks for the congrats y'all! I made the desperate yet poor decision to sell most of my Pokemon games along with my 3DS (I just use the systems my brothers never use anymore now) and thus lost all of my shinies - Articuno, Giratina, Rayquaza, Darkrai, Uxie, Meganium, Foongus, and Tangela. Oh well.

And yes, I do intend on evolving it all the way - it's already a Quilava, and will be a Typhlosion in due time.

For now, I'm going to hunt a shiny starter (probably Charmander) on LeafGreen, a shiny Treecko on Sapphire, and a random encounter shiny before the next gym in HeartGold. I might just do a shiny badge quest in all of them for maximum s&g's. The Silver I got had a dead battery so I had to swap it out for the LG, so I won't have any of the classics again for a bit ):

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
Years
Wow! Lots of shiny Pokemon! We are living in a great time for hunting apparently! Anyway, I am almost to Snorlax in LeafGreen. I never did get an answer as to whether you can SR hunt in LG, but I've heard elsewhere that you can. I'll be doing that for this month's quest, and then filling in a second Pokemon with whatever I feel like.

Congratulations to everyone!

Years
  • Age 34
  • UK
  • Seen Mar 26, 2013
Checking in.

Well with the elite 4 over and with I'm team building so I can get back into competitive battling, just finished EV training a Jellicent so moving on to Ferrathorn next.

Now that I'm back in the game I'm trying to decide what to hunt for. I've always wanted a shiny Bulbasaur but a shiny Kuryem is also on my to do list. Decisions, decisions.

Le Krome - Congrats dude. Cyndaquil was my first ever shiny Pokémon (not counting red Gyarados). Brings back good memories.

Have fun guys!

Years
Wow! Another one already, I'll update this post with the video in a bit! But, I was just starting to hunt again for my next shiny in the badge quest when I got a shiny Zubat! It was 11:58, so I technically got two shinies on the same day, and on the same game which is absolutely insane. Really excited to see what else this game has in store for me d:

Necrum, you CAN SR hunt, myself and many other have done it, however I would advise you to save the game every hundred SRs or so, others may advise more frequently but I'm unsure as to just how frequent so I'd say 100.
Thanks Yami! Cyndaquil is adorable to me, which is why I like it d:

Last edited:

iZTwi

Jounin Ninja
Years
  • Seen Dec 16, 2012
Instead of using a new honey each time, you should slather honey until you find a combee and then SR for the day! Unless you're already doing that XD

Well the point is use up my Honey and hunt for a combee along the way :I

Autophobic

Fearing Isolation
Years
Hey, I'm going to join this and start my shiny hunt! I'm starting a new save on Pokemon Crystal, and I'll be hunting on there using the Red Gyarados/Ditto method. Using this method will allow me to capture a Shiny Ditto and increase my breeding chances for shiny pokemon to 1/64.

EDIT: I have obtained the Shiny Ditto, as well as the Shiny Gyarados! With this Ditto, I can breed a ton of shinies!

Spr_2c_130_s.gif
Spr_2c_132_s.gif

Last edited:
Back