• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Gold hack: POKEMON EMERALD: Time of 2nd GEN.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
I told it ruby because in emerald....

1.pokemon have their animation
2.battle frontier
3.Rematch gym leader
and more.....

miksy91

Dark Energy is back in action! ;)
Years
I told it ruby because in emerald....

1.pokemon have their animation
2.battle frontier
3.Rematch gym leader
and more.....
All of these can be implemented, whether they will be done or not is more about cabusao's patience and ram space than anything else.

New video's Uploaded
Awesome! These are sound really epic!
I like pretty much everything about this hack expect for the graphical presentation which doesn't work with the map layout at certain cases. Such as the pokecenter of Rustboro City. Don't get me wrong, the graphics look really good but in cases like this one, they just won't work.

The thing is, it looks weird that the roof tiles of the PC are shaped like that so that we've got "red ground tiles" behind the PC and grey elsewhere.
You might want to do a thing or two about these errors, maybe re-shape those roof tiles to not match with their looks in R/S/E. I'd personally put it that way myself.

Also, make sure the player won't be able to see wrong blocks at the borders of the maps, make them large enough so that won't happen.
Other than that, nice job.

cabusao10

Pogi
Years
About the rustboro city wrong block, that was the border and i still mapping rustboro and also for the roof, it also bugs me if i'll change it.

Years
  • Seen Jun 2, 2014
The videos are good! I personally wished Emerald was in GSC style because I love 2nd generation. I wish you luck, sortta again, I'm so excited for this project!

cabusao10

Pogi
Years
Nothing so special but, I just want to ask you huys, What do think of the new pallete? is it good? of should i just stay with the old one?

Trifindo

POKEMON OMICRON CREATOR
Years
  • Seen Sep 10, 2014
This hack is awesome! Please continue with it!
When the fist beta?
Good luck with your hack ;)

AtecainCorp.

Rejishan awake...
Years
Good Work... You did a best work on your hack... Can I be beta tester of your Hack? Also if you want i can make a DEMAKES of all music from Pokemon RSE to GSC. I open my own RE/DE make studio. <If you agree with give me beta to betatest send me info on Private>

cabusao10

Pogi
Years
^ sure' i'll send you a beta once i've finished some works on it.

And about music, i already have all the songs except for
riding a bike
route 104
wild pokemon
and trainer battle.

If you want to make this musics, then go , give it a try . Of course i'll give you credit for that.

cabusao10

Pogi
Years
Im not boasting, but i already made asm for Dive. It's very easy to do. Just a very simple and short asm code with a simple script also.

miksy91

Dark Energy is back in action! ;)
Years
but what about raqaza event? how he will be able to make that event?
Wait, and see...

Really, people from gamefreak aren't superhuman; they're just like anybody else, yet they still knew how to code pokemon Emerald from scratch!
I'm quite certain cabusao wasn't making this hack if he didn't have an idea how to implement all the necessary stuff in it.

Pokemon Animations is not needed for this hack.
I think this hack was made to support the rom size up to 8MB, so there is plenty of space for adding animations for all the in-game pokemon if cabusao has the will to do de-make and insert them. The actual job behind making the game load animations for the pokemon would be the "easy part". All he had to do would be locating the asm routine Crystal uses and port it over to this Gold hack. And job well done!

But you're right though, having animations for pokemon wouldn't really make the hack any better.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back