• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Gates to Infinity Review!

Nakala Pri

So, I am playing Gates to Infinity and I am up to the Mount Killionea part where I shall save Munna... alone, with only a flimsy Oshawott to get healed and so on. So I thought I would write a review for all of those who are wondering if you should buy this game, so here it is:

It is a radical adventure with adorable graphics and tons of cute characters. Some say the text is really slow, but as you get into it, it is almost unnoticeable, plus it forces your eyes to have a rest, which in my opinion is epic! :D There is tons of reading to get done, which can be quite annoying sometimes, since I just want to kick some Swoobat butt. But in time, I grew to kind of like it.

The dungeons are a little mixed, but pretty good. Even in the most darkest of places, you cannot be depressed while playing this game. As soon as you press 'A' on the 3Ds menu, you begin to smile and make annoying sounds within your mouth. So this is a 'happy go lucky' kind of game, full of awesome stuff! Did I mention creating your very own paradise is like, the best-est thing ever? I know people don't buy PMD to decide where to build faculties and when to upgrade, but really, this is so great.

Here are a list of the pro's and cons, to make this shorter:

PRO'S.

1. It is fun, cutesy and epic!

2. It is a breakthrough with un-outdated-able graphics.

3. Building up your team is super thrilling and it is a great distraction for when you're down.

CON'S.

1. It hurts your eyes if you play too long.

2. There is a lot of unnecessary text, like when they repeat the same thing over and over again.

3. Sometimes the characters can be too identical and confusion can occur.

That's it! Thank youuuu~ :chu:

JayTheKing

~~King Of Valla~~
Years
I have some questions:
1)What do you mean characters can be identical?
2)I know that in order to use an attack you need to press the L button and A/B/X/Y/.
Is there another way to use an attack?
3)What your team?(I am picking Oshawott and Axew)
4)Is the 3D worth using?

Nakala Pri

1. The characters personalities and stuff. Espeon and Umbreon for example, totally twins, just different Eeveelutions. Some characters stand out, but not really.

2. Yes, that is how the attack works. But you can do it the long way, like pressing X then going on Moves, then selecting and so on. But it isn't that bad. :)

3. Pikachu and Oshawott, so cute! :D

4. No, not really. It's one of those games which don't require any special features which the consoles may be offering. The 3D on GTI is really useless, plus it would just hurt your eyes. Actually, here is some caution; take breaks and look into the distance. Otherwise things will become blurry. :P

Zylas

Dat Trains Kid
Years
I have some questions:
1)What do you mean characters can be identical?
2)I know that in order to use an attack you need to press the L button and A/B/X/Y/.
Is there another way to use an attack?
3)What your team?(I am picking Oshawott and Axew)
4)Is the 3D worth using?

Hey I picked Oshawott and Axew as well! But only in the demo version ;-;. Anyways, Ii have a question for you Rozu. How long does it take par say to complete a dungeon? I know they range and vary, but could you give me at least a vague estimate?

FSNW5yiFrXVXqv

Wow, glad to see fellow dungeon crawlers! Mind if i butt join in? XD

How long does it take par say to complete a dungeon? I know they range and vary, but could you give me at least a vague estimate?
As you have said, it really varies. To be exact, it depends on the amount of floors and how fast you actually reach the next level.

I'd say that 10 floors = 10-15 mins on rush (could go a lot shorter with little encounters).
Around 20-25 mins every 10 floors if you plan to scan through every room.

Takes around 20hrs to finish the main story.

For my small rant:
Spoiler:

Last edited:

waveguidebuizel

weirdguybuizel
Years
I love this game! ^-^ I'd say the best thing in the game are the characters. Each one of them (the story characters and NPCs) actually has their own distinct personality. And there's some character growth! I totally grew attached to the team, moreso than the previous installments, and that's why I thought that
Spoiler:

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
I really enjoyed this game, but what I didn't like it was the short storyline compared to past games. There really should be more story content after your main Pokemon gets revived.

Nakala Pri

Hey I picked Oshawott and Axew as well! But only in the demo version ;-;. Anyways, Ii have a question for you Rozu. How long does it take par say to complete a dungeon? I know they range and vary, but could you give me at least a vague estimate?

Hmm... they are pretty big, depending if you're about to enter a boss part or just simply adventure, looking for a lost Scraggy or something. Plus for those who despise The Fifth Generation, GTI is full of those Pokemon. So think about that before, 'kay? :P

Zylas

Dat Trains Kid
Years
Yeah I know that. My friend has the game and I've played a couple of side quests and I love it :P

Nakala Pri

Wow, glad to see fellow dungeon crawlers! Mind if i butt join in? XD

As you have said, it really varies. To be exact, it depends on the amount of floors and how fast you actually reach the next level.

I'd say that 10 floors = 10-15 mins on rush (could go a lot shorter with little encounters).
Around 20-25 mins every 10 floors if you plan to scan through every room.

Takes around 20hrs to finish the main story.

For my small rant:
Spoiler:

Man, people give way better reviews then I do. xD

I'm really enjoying this game. Except I'm going to take a break because I went to a shop, picked up a cape I have never seen before, but was incredibly expensive, so I told the owner I didn't want it. Then I left the shop and I was attacked, so I used a slumber orb, then billions of Kecleons began to pour out and kill me. So annoying!! xD

FSNW5yiFrXVXqv

Man, people give way better reviews then I do. xD
Your review/summary is good, I just thought of adding some important "heads-up!" notes for those who have already played the previous (or fellow MD) titles.

I'm just fussy, lol.

lol@the Kecleons, though. I once setup a team to specifically beat their swarming and successfully steal from them, but that ended up badly XD

Nakala Pri

Your review/summary is good, I just thought of adding some important "heads-up!" notes for those who have already played the previous (or fellow MD) titles.

I'm just fussy, lol.

lol@the Kecleons, though. I once setup a team to specifically beat their swarming and successfully steal from them, but that ended up badly XD

Oh, well, thank you~

Haha, on my next file, I am going to level up like crazy, wear the best bands/capes and then THROW THEM TO THE GROUND! YOU CAN'T TRUST THE KECLEON SYSTEM!! xD

Silais

That useless reptile
Years
  • Seen Jul 17, 2016
Ugh, I hate Gates to Infinity. It's really nothing like the other Mystery Dungeon games. The characters are pretty boring, the dungeons are really all the same layout, just different backgrounds and colors, and the bosses are pathetic. Honestly, I was completely disappointed by this game. Even the story was poor compared to Red, Blue, Time, Darkness and Sky.

Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Aug 2, 2013
I don't own the game but have seen at my friends place. have played it a few times. And after reading this review i am thinking of getting it.

The Chrono

Ragin' Cajun
Years
The walls of unskippable text really hurt my experience.
It seemed like the vast majority of the game was filled with characters I don't care about rambling on about the most mundane nonsense.

On the flip-side, the game looked really pretty!

Nakala Pri

This game was okay, despite the frantic complaints from some of the more needy people (I am not referring to you).

There were plenty of up-sides, like it was sort of touching how the commutative towns people all loved each other... plus some of the Requests like 'Please find my best friend... I love her so much and I want her to be happy and safe again.' Seriously, I almost cried! <3

Nakala Pri

Okay, I haven't played for under a week. Can you blame me?? I have been viciously assaulted by a group of Kecleons, they probably belong to some gang or whatev's. xD They brought flamethrowers, pocket knifes, baseball bats, even ENDLESS PP MOVES!! :O So what if I accidentally stole some stupid cape? GET A GRIP, KECLEONS! WORSE THINGS HAS HAPPENED THEN A PIKACHU AND AN OSHAWOTT STEALING YOUR CAPE!!

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
Okay, I haven't played for under a week. Can you blame me?? I have been viciously assaulted by a group of Kecleons, they probably belong to some gang or whatev's. xD They brought flamethrowers, pocket knifes, baseball bats, even ENDLESS PP MOVES!! :O So what if I accidentally stole some stupid cape? GET A GRIP, KECLEONS! WORSE THINGS HAS HAPPENED THEN A PIKACHU AND AN OSHAWOTT STEALING YOUR CAPE!!

That's over exaggerating, but the Kecleon in Gates to Infinity are a lot more brutal than in the past Mystery Dungeon games because they can't be attacked, defeated or even recruited.

Andrew

Ah Yeah 아예
Years
I really didn't enjoy the game. Which is sad because I loved all the others. The story in this one was boring to me. It seemed like the characters went on and on about nothing and it got old really fast. It seemed more like a chore to play rather than fun. Maybe I'm being overly critical but the previous games were far superior in my opinion. =/

Nakala Pri

It's still a bit exciting, but I understand your points. Well, I would still recommend this game to the younger viewers, since some of the PMD games are a bit strong.

I give it a 6/10. :D

Back