• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

what would it be like if a human got caught in a PokéBall???

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
As seen in the anime, humans can't get caught in Poke Balls; the Poke Ball's light just stuns them for a while.

And if that actually happened, the human could break out of the ball if they willed it.

Zeffy

g'day
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Feb 7, 2024
Humans has more, uhh, willpower to break out of the Pokeball. Remember Jessie's Wobuffet? Unless the human has no willpower at all, then bleh.

I suppose it would feel like being a black hole. Except that time still flows. Or maybe, the human shrinks and the pokeball can act as a natural habitat; i.e a house.

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~

Buffalo State College
Years
I also have to go with Platinumdude because I have seen this in the anime as well.

Or the human would just smash the Poke Ball

Well I dont think a Human will smash it because there are other Pokemon that are twice the size as humans and I dont think they will break the Pokemon ball although I remember Snorlax's Pokeball breaking on a rock =/. I think the ball cannot be broken on the inside but the outside can

:t354:TG

Ciax

Ledian Used Starlight!
Years
I like imaginaing that inside pokeballs is a little house for the pokemon so they like staying in there. If it was uncomfortable in there why would they all not just break out all the time. So if a human was in there they would be in a little house but then they would break out as soon as they wanted to or if they wanted to stay then when they were called out they would be free.

Houndoomed

Battle Master
Years
I always imagined it would be either like suspended animation eg "Demolition Man" - (which would be preferable if you were kept in there for great lengths of time) or like Jeannies bottle in "I dream of Jeannie". I wonder if my References are too old for most on here to understand, lol.

Zeus

psyanic

pop a wheelie on a zeitgeist
Years
  • Age 27
  • USA
  • Seen Apr 10, 2023
I guess Pokemon have some different energy around them that allows them to be caught in Poke Balls and be transported via PC, while humans cannot.

I have no idea how it would feel. If they got caught... they'd probably feel like any normal Pokemon would and probably go insane since they're just not geared to be caught.

miltankRancher

Mega Ampharos is the one.
Years
Probably hpw Pokemon feels which we all don't know. However, I assume it would feel really compressed, and hot, since you are just converted to a matter of few photons of light.

Snivy063

Banned
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jul 16, 2012
That would be like the weirdest thing ever! But if ever a human gets caught in a Pokeball, then as what as Zeffy mentioned, if ever a Pokemon wants to get out in a Pokemon it can, and so when it comes to the case of humans, it will be the same. :3

miltankRancher

Mega Ampharos is the one.
Years
That would be like the weirdest thing ever! But if ever a human gets caught in a Pokeball, then as what as Zeffy mentioned, if ever a Pokemon wants to get out in a Pokemon it can, and so when it comes to the case of humans, it will be the same. :3

Much like how PSyduck in the original series can, and always derping around Misty's battles.

Yoshikko

the princess has awoken while the prince sleeps on
Years
  • Seen Apr 27, 2020
I don't really know, I always imagined the creature in the Pokéball to be in some kind of slumber, or subconsciousness, kind of in fetal position haha, so I guess that would just be the same experience to humans. Hypothetically of course, cause I don't see a way for them to be in it in the first place.

Back