• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[PKMN OPEN] The Pokemon Trainer Academy (OOC) (NEW!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dawn

[span="font-size:180%;font-weight:900;color:#a568f
Years
Here is Dranaxe SU, since editing a 2 week old post and making us search for it instead of just posting it is a real pain.

Spoiler:

hope it is OK
credit to pokecharms for the 2 epic sprites i have used!

Megaman765

Really wants shiny Porygon Z:3
Years
Wooohoooo I re-did my post
Am I accepted yet?

Erm... your SU dosn't seem to have much changes and it still has the problems previously stated. you SU is a few lines short still and I still find it not that believeable that a Zangoose of all things "found their way" into his Pokeball like that. That just isn't how it works.

Years
I've been away for a while. But I hope to be back now! :D

@All in Ryan's first class; I'm going to mark your character's quizes and then they will be sent to you from Ryan's Charizard! :)

Dawn

Years
@Danaxe: Alright... first of all from a quick look at May's wiki page I can determine that her skitty did not in fact simply "find it's way into" her pokeball. Now, if I can check your facts with a simple google search, what's stopping you from doing the same?

I don't have quality standards to be mean; I have quality standards to keep the roleplay healthy and enjoyable for it's RPers! A roleplay where anyone can /literally/ do anything they want inevitably results in the quality of RP dropping and RPers trolling eachother. Pokemon literally walking their ways into pokeballs all herp-de-derp? That's pretty mary suish. Pokemon BW2 finally gave us a clear answer to the conflict of humans owning pokemon and that was that pokemon are more often than not happy to serve humans either way, but as a rule of thumb would rather do so outside of a pokeball given the choice.

That being said, second of all... Why would you sit there and listen to us tell you what needs improving, tell us you're going to improve it, and then change a bunch of stuff in your SUs except the actual things we pointed out as problems? I'm a very forgiving person, but if you're just going to disregard what I say then perhaps your time would be better spent finding and joining an RP where the GM doesn't care as much about it's RPers :l

@Everyone: A hurricane kind of wiped out my net. I hope to be back online soon enough.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Apr 2, 2014
I think the only Pokemon I can remember willingly entering a Pokeball, is Misty's Psyduck. Which is a derpy Pokemon.

Satan.EXE

King of the Hell
Years
  • Age 29
  • C:\
  • Seen Jun 12, 2015
I think the only Pokemon I can remember willingly entering a Pokeball, is Misty's Psyduck. Which is a derpy Pokemon.

Uhhhh.... I think the Anime Canon is one of the last places we'd go to for these kinds of situations, considering things like... Super-effective thunderbolts on ground and rock types... Pokemon like Bulbasaur using moves like Whirlwind... Things like that...

Satan.EXE

King of the Hell
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jun 12, 2015
And /that/ is why I don't read the manga. that, and my inner artist decides to go insane, seeing as I can't draw anime if I had to. I just don't sit well with the style of it.

As far as I've seen, the manga (at least what I've seen) isn't too bad about things like that. But the Anime... They break rules more than they follow them.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Apr 2, 2014
The manga was amazing! I loved the plot for the earlier games. And I also loved how they make more use of what is in a Pokemon's capable of. For example, L.t. Surge uses Magnetons connected together as a form of jetpack. The battle between Red and Giovanni was incredible too.

Dawn

Years
@Everyone: Now if logic was based on the anime, which it is not, every pokemon would be able to learn every move of it's type as well as every normal move. We would only need about 5 levels (Legendary of the day, lesser legendary of the day, boss trainer, regular trainer, joke trainer), and the omnipresence of deus ex machinas such as type advantages ceasing to matter mid-battle because "DEY JUS' SO STRONG" and physics itself changing via rule-of-drama would make the levels irrelevant anyway.

"Wait, I thought attacks were supposed to explode violently when they hit eachother for no apparent reason? When did they stop doing that? Just now? You're telling me physics literally /changed/ on a dime just now so that I would lose."

rageredeyesl.png

The anime also can't get it's story straight on how strong pokemon are. Half the time people are getting hit by attacks that have the raw energy to make dynamite look like a joke and shrugging it off and the other half of the time pokemon are treated like they are immune to pretty much /everything/ and can ravage the world given enough time. (I'm looking at you, legendary of the day. Your godmodding does not impress. You too Pikachu. How have you not sent someone to the /hospital/ yet? A wild Vileplume somewhere in kanto does your job better.) Don't even get me started on how a child can explore 5 countries in under a year's time while vigorously training, picking fights with others, fighting off a business syndicate whose main income is fraud (...), and taking on a league full of expert trainers.

Oh, and Beedrill would become top tier and ravage the entire island with their incredible power. Cue MacKenzie shedding a single tear

Satan.EXE

King of the Hell
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jun 12, 2015
@Everyone: Now if logic was based on the anime, which it is not, every pokemon would be able to learn every move of it's type as well as every normal move. We would only need about 5 levels (Legendary of the day, lesser legendary of the day, boss trainer, regular trainer, joke trainer), and the omnipresence of deus ex machinas such as type advantages ceasing to matter mid-battle because "DEY JUS' SO STRONG" and physics itself changing via rule-of-drama would make the levels irrelevant anyway.

"Wait, I thought attacks were supposed to explode violently when they hit eachother for no apparent reason? When did they stop doing that? Just now? You're telling me physics literally /changed/ on a dime just now so that I would lose."

rageredeyesl.png

The anime also can't get it's story straight on how strong pokemon are. Half the time people are getting hit by attacks that have the raw energy to make dynamite look like a joke and shrugging it off and the other half of the time pokemon are treated like they are immune to pretty much /everything/ and can ravage the world given enough time. (I'm looking at you, legendary of the day. Your godmodding does not impress. You too Pikachu. How have you not sent someone to the /hospital/ yet? A wild Vileplume somewhere in kanto does your job better.) Don't even get me started on how a child can explore 5 countries in under a year's time while vigorously training, picking fights with others, fighting off a business syndicate whose main income is fraud (...), and taking on a league full of expert trainers.

Oh, and Beedrill would become top tier and ravage the entire island with their incredible power. Cue MacKenzie shedding a single tear
Oh my God, it finally happened! Marin's Anime Outburst!!

Speaking of Beedrill taking over the island... I see the plot unfolding...

1f8f3k.gif

Nideous

The world refused to change...
Years
I tried posting this before but my post got eaten. Let's try again:

Name (First, Middle-optional and Last): Kitty Kirin

Nickname (Optional): Kiki

Age (10-15): 14

Sex (Male or Female): Female

Dorm (Raikou Dorm, Entei Dorm or Suicune Dorm): Suicune

Appearance (A picture can be provided instead of a description if you so wish): Kiki is fairly tall, and very thin. Not unhealthily so, but like she's been undergoing a lot of excercise. Her skin is very tan, as if she's been out in the sun for a long time, and her bleach blonde hair falls half way down her back in tangled clumps, as if she doesn't brush it. She gives off the impression of always being on the move, and is always ready to spring into action. She moves with very little grace, often suddenly burstng into motion and going. It can be very disconcerting, actually, if one is not prepared for her. Her body is often covered by small cuts and bruises, as if she is very clumsy or careless.

She has very strong, prominent features. She has a regal nose that is very straight, or it would be if it wasn't broken. Her eyes are a startling shade of light green, and seem to be quite open and trusting. Her ears are slightly large, but not large enough that one might think she would take off into the air on them. Her lips are thin and pale colored, as she doesn't wear make up or lip stick, and there are several small scrapes, cuts and bruises on her face at any given time.

As for clothing, she doesn't have any particular outfit she wears. As such it is impossible to describe her clothing. However, she tends to wear bright, vibrant colors that either clash horribly with each other, or look fabulous together. All of her clothing is ripped and torn in some way, through heavy use, and she seems to change outfits on a whim, somtimes three or four times a day even! She seems to be fondest of light green clothing though.

Personality (How does your character act and react to others? Their mental state? Flaws and/or personal weaknesses?): 5 lines minimum

Kiki is a very happy person, almost crazily so. Nothing can keep her down. You'll be lucky if you see her frown once in your lifetime. She's also very much a hyper person, as she can not sit still for any leangth of time. She is a clutz, but she loves to pitch in and help others. However, she is as careless with her words and thoughts as she is her hands, often saying whatever pops into her head, the moment it pops into her head, regardless of what it might mean. And she doesn't take anything personnaly, as she will continue being friends even if she makes you mad, and be confused about why you are upset.

She seems like a complete moron though. She usually acts like she knows nothing, and that appears to be the case. However, her mind runs at high speed, forming plans and thinking so far ahead that it often seems like her random acts are connected, ending up with her goal all along. Never mind that she is not doing that on purpose. She doesn't even realize she's doing it at all. It all seems to be luck that carries her to the top.

History (Where did your character grow up? Who did they grow up with? What have the been doing before this? Any noteworthy events? What brought them to the academy?): 10 lines minimum

Kiki had a farily normal life in Goldenrod City. She was raised by her parents, and was a happy little girl, even becoming a singer for the radio program. She never wanted that though. She wanted to travel, to see the world. Things in her life were good, but, just not for her. Her parents hated the idea of their little girl going off all alone, so they kept her away from pokemon. But she found a way, often hanging around the older boys with their pokemon and trying to get them to catch her one. Finally, when she turned ten, she was tired of waiting around. It was time for action.

So she set out to travel to New Bark Town and get a pokemon. Her parents were worried sic about her, until they finally heard from her after recieving her Cyndaquil. With that, she realized her dream and began to travel the region of Johto, collecting badges, winning battles, and exploring. She did quite well for herself. By the age of thirteen she had collected all the badges and was set to challenge the league. If only she had done that.

With her allstar team of powerful pokemon, she set out for the Whirl Islands, to try and unlock the mystery and see if she could find the rare pokemon rumored to live there. It's unclear exactly what happened, as she never really speaks about it, but several days later she was found all alone, and pretty banged up. Some people think she might have inadvertantly cuased a cave in, but whatever happened, she had lost all of her pokemon. She eventually ended up back home and n the hospital. It's also unclear if she met the mysterious pokemon or not, as she never gives any description, though she swears she did. Everyone she encounters believes she made it up, as she has no proof, and no really good memory of the event.

When she got out of the hospital, she wanted nothing more than to leave again. Heartbroken and desperate, her parents enrolled her in the local trainer's school, where it became clear that even though she couldn't explain why, she knew more than the teachers. So they ultimately transferred her to Oak Academy, and before she left, she made sure she stopped at the daycare center and picked up the egg she had left with them, hatching it into a Cyndaquil, the aughter of her old Typhlosion.

Pokémon (Maximum of 3. No legendaries, 'shiny' or stage 3 pokémon. Oddly colored but not specifically 'shiny' pokemon are allowed, however.):

Species: Cyndaquil
Nickname(Optional): Cynder
Personality (Can be as short or long as you want, but cannot be excessively vague): She's a bit shy around other pokemon, but is very friendly and quite curious when she gets over being shy.
Lvl(Max 25):1
Moves(Maximum of 6. TMs and egg moves are allowed
Tackle
Leer
Extrasensory
Willo wisp
Double Team
Flamethrower

Hope it's ok. x3 I put a lot of work into it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back