• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Pokécommunity Pokedex Project [Read First Post!]

Years
  • Age 31
  • PR
  • Seen Sep 16, 2014
Hey theres an icecream pokemon so why not hehe. A mirror pokemon its honestly a really good idea, it works well with the greek mythology theme. I googled cockatrice, freaky looking thing but it could make for a good pokemon as well if done right.

Years
I'm thinking Steel/Fairy or Ghost/Fairy for the mirror.

I'm not sure about the cockatrice... Dragon/Flying? Dragon/Fire? Fire/Flying? Dark/Fragon? Dark Flying? Normal/Dragon?

Years
  • Age 31
  • PR
  • Seen Sep 16, 2014
I think Steel/Fairy would work better since it being a mirror the Silver color is needed, also a mirror sounds like a defensive pokemon to me with moves like Reflect or Barrier and what better defensive type than steel.

For Cocktrice I'm not sure either.

Years
perhaps I'll work that out after I draw it. xD

Update on what I have so far.
I'm relatively happy with how this Cockatrice is going, but it doesn't look very pokemon-like (I rarely draw pokemon, so they tend to be some of my worst drawings). Further more I'm stuck on what to do for it's legs and tail... So I'm yet to finish it. Still not sure on type, which makes naming it hard.

The mirrors were supposed to be Steel/Fairy but came out more Steel/Ghost - I'm open to either typing though. Other than that they do look more pokemon-like but aren't very good drawings... look very much like they were drawn by a child I think :/
Unfortunately I think that's as good as these will get from me... any of you are welcome to improve on these designs, in fact I'm almost praying for it.

Anyway... The images were huge so I'm just linking to them.

Nameless Cockatrice so far
Spoiler:

Mirimage and Hexection (the last one needs a better name).
Both are Steel/Ghost
Spoiler:

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
Fwoof. Big images, gimmepie. That's okay, I'll resize them for you. :) I like what you have to offer though! I think your ideas are comprehensive, complete, and easy to translate to paper. Also, if there's an image link for Hexection, I can't see it.

Hehe, Naku, no one said it would happen over night. And, so far, your attempts aren't a waste at all! Working on gradients and basics like that, imo, are the best way to familiarize yourself with the software. Just go slow, work on it when you can, and have fun with it! :D That's all I could ever ask for. Now, shall I add those doodles to the main post as uncatalogued? Or were you just playing around with those?

Now I'm going to make an announcement!

First of all, good work guys. As always, you've given me so much to be proud of. :] Second, I'm considering adding a section to notate when and where we make use of new abilities and moves. I'd like everyone's opinions on that, please! I'm thinking, we list them like normal under the Pokemon, but then asterisk (*) it, or even link it, to a subsection which will detail unique or custom moves/abilities with detailed descriptions of what they do. Third, I'm going to redo the CSS on the main page. That's why I've been so slow with updating it. I want to make it a little more cohesive, with quick links so you guys can navigate it easily and a more orderly system (like alphabetized types and the details listed under *every* pokemon regardless of whether or not they're completed). So be prepared for a overhaul of that, okay?

Thanks!

Carry on. :)

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
I already told you why we're not adding anymore types right now. :(

Alexial357 said:
Jet, I think we decided to hold off on adding anymore types until we got more information. The Fairy type has been announced, let's have fun with that before we go running to the next thing, okay? ... Besides, the other artists may have other ideas for types too! :3

Please stop suggesting new types. :( Why don't you draw some more fakemons? If an Ancient type seems cool to you, than draw an ancient Pokemon! Like I said before, we can still use your drawings, just call them [*insert type*] instead of whatever type you came up with. I don't want to sound dismissive.. but you're suggesting things that aren't feasible right now. Later on, when we have a better idea of what Game Freak is going to do, we can talk about other types. But adding something else on top of the Fairy type is just too much for us to do.

Years
  • Seen Mar 20, 2016
Hi guys,

I was thinking they are looking more rock/fire too lol ive got some ideas 4 the dragon too so ill see what i can come up with.

Years
  • Age 31
  • PR
  • Seen Sep 16, 2014
Ugh finally got my power back on. Those look good gimmepie, Psychic/Steel for the mirror works well too. Man how many fakemon do we have already?

Sunfished

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 25, 2024
Ok, so I think we can make these guys can be either pure Normal, or have some kind of secondary type to it as well...

And lazy shading was used :D

Names: ???, I was thinking of Fluffur for one of them
Classification: Shrew Pokemon
Types: Normal, maybe a secondary type of Flying
Abilities: Cloud Nine

If I change his color scheme, he can fit into Fire, Poison, and to an extent Ground.
Like, his fluff can be greyish for smoke, or even purplish for smog. Right now I left him with plain colors, but if we're running low on certain types I can just change this guys color to fit the lacking Type's role better :P

So what you guys think? :O

EDIT:
OH WAIT
I FORGOT FAIRY TYPE EXISTED

so Fairy-Type guys?

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 31
  • PR
  • Seen Sep 16, 2014
Amazing design Sunfished, I know I say this a lot but your designs keep getting better and better.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
I second Beefy. Sunny, those guys are adorable. They're like, what I always wanted Shaymin to look like.

I'm making another announcement.

I'm working on the first post now. Here's the deal : I am organizing the whole thing, because it's long overdue. If you check it out, I have the starters through Electric Pokemon complete. They now are listed in one, easy to read way with the detailed information located under the drawing. For anyone who has designs and has not adding information (such as names/abilities/etc) I HAVE COME UP WITH THEM FOR YOU. That's right, anything from the Starters to Electric are now complete (save base stats, that's a whole other world of work). So please check the first post. I had to make up at least 50% of everything there, so if [insert pokemon] is suppose to have [insert ability] than tell me now so I can change it.

Sunny, check out your water llama. I think you're going to like what I came up with for that one. :p

Nakuzami

[img]https://i.imgur.com/iwlpePA.png[/img]
Years
Well okey dokey then. :x May we consider such information as filler until we decide to write some of our own? I mean, for some of my Pokemon I've had things in mind, but have failed to actually write anything down, lol.

Like, for example, my flame Pegasus, which you dubbed Stalava, was meant to be a branched evolution of Ponyta (which I think I stated?), rather than being an evolution of Rapidash.

Oh, and finally, some information on the third water starter. I've been wondering since I joined this project why there were only two in the water starter's line, lol.

I also realized while looking through that that I need to draw the root forme for Maltone. It's meant to flip it's body, using the flowers to walk and having the roots in the air as appendages, and it gains a very . . . malicious expression and attitude when it does so, lol. Blossom forme has incredible healing capabilities, whereas Root forme has amazingly lethal venom that it attacks with. //just some information that I've had in my head since Maltone's conception, lol

Sunfished

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 25, 2024
"Alpaqua sheds tufts of its wool all throughout the ocean. These tufts often get caught in boat propellers and cause massive damage to the water-based economy."

I am a happy boy :D

lol Alpaqua, you so silly

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
I so knew you would like that. xD The name itself was supposed to be a spoof too, but the more I say it the more it rolls off the tongue. Al-Pa-Quuuaaaa~

Anyway, Naku, the only real reason I did everything is because it needed it. And, lets face it, the first post was becoming a big mess. It was okay when there was so few fakemons, but now that we've got some real stride, the likely hood of us going back and filling in those details for every fakemon was becoming slim. At least, I know that's how I am. I'd rather draw than fill in information any day of the week. But, alas, it's my job to keep this thread organized and this was the best way I could think to do that.

You may consider the information currently posted as filler. If you would like to redo it, please make sure it's in the proper format. That's all. :)

Years
  • Age 31
  • PR
  • Seen Sep 16, 2014
Good job Alexial, the first post does look more organized and complete. I did notice Centroc (Rock Centaur) doesn't have any info, I can look it up later so you can add it. Ill also try an add the base stats for my designs, I haven't played pokemon in some time so I gotta get a quick look at how stats are spread, don't want to make ridiculously OP pokemon hehe.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
Lemme explain a few things just so everyone knows where I'm coming from! :] I'm speaking to the team, not anyone specific.

I didn't reorder everything because I felt that your additional information was inferior. Just incomplete. I kept as much as I could intact and didn't change anything that had already been established. That being said, I only used the information provided in the first post. I did not go searching for names/abilities/etc (planned on it, just didn't do it yet). Beefy's is a good example. I just finished up the Rock type section. The Minotaur Pokemon didn't have a name listed, so I made one up. It's now come to my attention that it's name is in fact Centroc. I will be fixing that after this post.

Next. You guys are under no obligation to add your own information. All you want to do it draw? Go for it! :D That's the objective here. The additional information section was primarily added for contributors who couldn't/didn't have the means to draw. But, I was just under the impression that ya'll *wanted* to add additional information.

So, just know that if you submit a pokemon and don't include information, I (or someone else, doesn't have to be me) will be filling in the blanks for you after an undefined grace period. But, if you state that you do want to include your information at a later date, just tell me! Then I can bug you about it. >:3 I've said it before and I'll say it again, nothing in the first post is forever.

~

And ya Beefy, I only got to Electric (now halfway through Dark). This takes a long time. @_@;

Nakuzami

[img]https://i.imgur.com/iwlpePA.png[/img]
Years
Bwah, of course I'll add additional information! I am primarily a writer, after all. d:
In fact, since I don't seem to be doing anything productive right now anyways (//falsely implying that I ever do anything productive), let me see what I can do! xD

EDIT: Also, the cd tag around the "Group Shoutouts" in the first post brokedededededed

Years
  • Age 31
  • PR
  • Seen Sep 16, 2014
Ok then Alexial, also I want to mention its a Centaur not a Minotaur, sorry for being nitpicky haha.

I've decided to start on my second legendary tommorow, I was kinda waiting for Fairy type to be announce so all the legendaries I had planned fit with the theme.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
:p Nitpicky. Lol it's okay. Can't wait to see what you come up with though!

Yup, I just fixed it. Thanks Naku! And take your time! :D

Pretty much done with the additional information. I stopped going one by one, but I did do the ones that had adequate information already there. All of the Pokemon now have the unfilled details though, so it's basically a c+p job. My next project is to start numbering all of them. Oof.

Also, gimmepie, you've been added to the list of contributors. :)

edit : I still need to update the first post with the new drawing though @_@;

Back