• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Completely Hacking the Fire Red Title Screen by DawnRyder

Mr. Magius

  
Years
...and here is my end result. This is supposed to be a Venusaur, mind you.

pokemonfirered01.png

PeregrineFig

Starting Pokémon Obsidian
Years
I found that (for me, anyway) the numbers on the tutorial for the Charizard were wrong, the tileset is at 2010 and the tilemap is at 2011. For those having issues with weird graphical glitches, try changing those two numbers instead and see if it works correctly.

Collen

I have returned.
Years
  • Seen Jan 1, 2015
I need help!
When I get to the "Import" part, it says "Image not indexed" and doesn't work.
How do I index it?

Binary

え?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Apr 7, 2014
@Collen:
You index the background the same way you index the sprite in PART 1, with irfanview of course.

Collen

I have returned.
Years
  • Seen Jan 1, 2015
I'm doing the sprite, no tthe backgroud. I already DID the infranview part.
Where can I get the REAL unLZip?
I only have the hacked version of it.

Also, I can't make the bit-deapth 4 because when I right-click the image nothing happens.

Binary

え?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Apr 7, 2014
I'm doing the sprite, no tthe backgroud. I already DID the infranview part.
Where can I get the REAL unLZip?
I only have the hacked version of it.

Also, I can't make the bit-deapth 4 because when I right-click the image nothing happens.

1)Maybe you didn't do the irfanview part correctly.
2)The hacked unLZ is what you use.
3)You right click on the file of the image, not the image on paint or something -_-..

Years
  • Seen Feb 2, 2013
is it possible to change what order my color pallete is in without altering my picture?

Shadow Dawn

A New Dawn
Years
  • Seen Jul 7, 2010
I've done the tutorial, and it turned out very nice (I used a Gengar). My question is: I want to change the part that says FireRed. How do I do that?

Binary

え?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Apr 7, 2014
i do everything he says, but i always get this instead of his final result
View attachment 54713
You must've missed something. Go through it again.
The tilemap is unedited.
is it possible to change what order my color pallete is in without altering my picture?
A little more specification please?
I've done the tutorial, and it turned out very nice (I used a Gengar). My question is: I want to change the part that says FireRed. How do I do that?

There's a tutorial somewhere for that.

Back