• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Klaczynski Open Tournament: Darkrai/Hydreigon/Virizion/Victini/Sableye

Haxorus3465

Turn Down For What
Years
Yo, PC.
So, there's this tournament that I'll be going to soon in Illinois called the Klaczynski Open. I just decided this over Worlds since I haven't qualified for :/ Anyways, the format will be NXD-PLB, so here's my list! And please, if you're going to the KO 2013, don't use this deck because you found it here. I hate it when people do that with my lists. Thanks!

Pokemon: 7 Normal Basic PKMN, 6 Pokemon-EX, 3 Evolved PKMN, Total: 16
4-0-3 Hydreigon
3 Darkrai-EX
3 Sableye
2 Virizion-EX
1 Victini-EX

I/S/AS/S: 18 Items, 14 Supporters, 1 ACE SPEC, 0 Stadiums, Total: 33
4 Rare Candy
3 Dark Patch
3 Pokemon Catcher
2 Max Potion
2 Ultra Ball
2 Level Ball
2 Tool Scrapper
1 Computer Search

3 N
3 Colress
4 Professor Juniper
4 Skyla

Energy: 8 Basic Energy, 3 Special, Total: 11
8 Darkness Energy
3 Blend Energy GFPD (was that the right order? :) )

Important Combos/Cards:

Hydreigon/Darkrai-EX/Virizion-EX/(Max Potion)
Darkrai gives free retreat to everyone on the field who has energy. Hydreigon can spread energy around at will, potentially giving everyone on the field free retreat (countering Catcher, stalling, etc). Also where Virizion comes in. Virizion is a card from Plasma Blast which blocks/removes all special conditions on Pokemon with energy (countering Accelgor, Hypnotoxic Laser, etc). Max Potion also works great with Hydreigon. When I move an energy away from a damaged Pokemon, I use Max Potion on it to get rid of all damage, and at the same time not discarding any energy. I then use Dark Trance once more to return the energy once more.

Victini-EX/All other Pokemon
Victini's first attack (for one fire energy) searches the user's deck for 2 Basic energy and attaches them to the Benched Pokemon in any way I like (Woo, moar energy acceleration!). The second attack (One fire, two colorless) does fifty damage. If the defending Pokemon is a Pokemon-EX, it does 100! I love this because against the new Genesect/Virizion deck, it OHKO's EVERYTHING.

Sableye/Items
Simple. Junk Hunt for setup/retrieval

Tool Scrapper
Say Bye-Bye to Garbodor, G Booster, Float Stone, and Silver Mirror! #winning

Computer Search (over Dowsing Machine)
Compy here gets things from the deck. Anything. Dowsing Machine gets only trainer cards back. Both come at the cost of discarding two cards from my hand. But... Why pay the price for one Trainer when I can Junk Hunt for 2, for free?

Pokemon Catcher
I'm assuming you all know what this does ._. Most people say running 4 is a must. I say, Darkrai. 3 Catcher. Honestly guys, too many people are forgetting about Sableye!

Dark Patch
Another form of energy acceleration. Gets Darkness Energy from the discard pile directly to your Benched Pokemon. This card is the reason Darkrai was priced at like $75 last year.

Also............

Should I run Victory Piece instead of Computer Search?
Victory Piece lets Victini attack for free, but I am at risk of losing it to Tool Scrapper. And I don't want to blow another setup turn for that. But then again, who doesn't love free attacking?

Should I run Sigilyph instead of Victini?
Hmm... Blocking-EX's and risk a OHKO by a non-EX, KO by spread or Laser? Or fast Energy accel/spread, Fast auto win against Genesect, and OHKO against water types and Lugia and lose an extra prize?

HELP!

Years
  • Seen Apr 26, 2015
Hmm. I honestly think you may want to use Victory Piece. If you think about it. yeah they can tool scrapper it away. But you can get it back. Unlike the blend energy, which once its gone its gone. So if you run into something with enhanced hammers or Cobalion, you will have trouble using Victini. Then once its out of energy its just a big target for catcher and thats pretty much it. Victini is really one of those cards you have to be careful about putting down. Being only 110 hp or something, makes it an easy 2 prizes.

I also dont know if running Virizion is also a good idea. I mean sure it status effects to those with grass energy. But for the same reason above. It can become useless as easy as an enhanced hammer. Then it basically becomes dead weight and takes up space on your bench.

Idk i feel like these 2 pokemon can become some serious reliability against certain decks. I feel like you should add one or the other. Not both. Then replace it with Absol. A 1 prize attacker, that forces your opponent to manage their bench better. It also gives you a pokemon to attach energy to if you are up against frozen city.

Also probably add one more blend energy in.

But idk thats just my opinion. I never really used a deck that required special energy to work.

Haxorus3465

Turn Down For What
Years
Thanks Profen. Its just that I really want to run both lol. They're both really awesome cards and they help out a lot in all of my matches so far. Just FYI... Victini will only be on the field if I'm playing a Grass deck *koff koff genesect* or a Metal deck *koff Cobalion koff*, if I'm in need of energy, or I start with it with a Blend Energy and at least one Benched. (((yeah.. I know I'm going to have those games where I start Victini, absolutely nothing else I can use :( ))) So And Absol... the reason I don't like him is because he requires too A near full/full bench to attack effectively, and it's Fearsome Shadow attack is kind of useless in my opinion because if it's a good hand, you can go "oh shoot", and then watch it all play out as your opponent Knocks out your Absol. And if it's a bad hand, you simply know not to use your N to give him a better hand.

But I do however, agree about adding another Blend Energy. So, if I did add one and keep the Virizion and the Victini, what would you recommend I take out?

Also... you mentioned that Victini will have trouble against cobalion. How?

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Apr 26, 2015
I mean a plasma Steel. Meaning all steel types are immune to Exs. What would you attack with instead? Because you have nothing else that can do decent damage aside from Hydreigon. But then if you do that, theres a good chance it will get knocked out afterwards and then you have to build up another one. That includes losing 4 energy, 1 being a blend energy. Then you would be in trouble. You need a good attacker that isnt an Ex.

Also if you think about it. Absol is a really reliable pokemon. There are so many decks now that require multiple pokemon to work. Usually 2nd Steps or Exs. Think about how many you are going to have out at once.

1 Darkrai
2 Hydreigon, 1 for the ability, and 1 as backup for catchers
1 Virizion
1 Sableye
1 Absol

Thats already 6 right there.

My water attempts to have
3 Keldeo
1 Blastoise
1 Kyurem
1 (Munna, Miltank, other tech)

The Deck and cover deck
1 Gothetelle
1 Dusknoir
1 Axcellegor
2 Mew
1 Back up of the 3 steps.

Believe me, you will most likely end up fighting a lot of full benches. If you have absol out early. It will make them think about what to put down as to not let absol get out of control. If you get it mid to late game it will just pop in and destroy something. Once again it would be your only 1 prize attacker that you aren't afraid to lose. You need some hard hitting basics that aren't Exs in your deck. Because Sigilyph, Plasma Steel, and Suicune will just wall you and wittle you down.

Haxorus3465

Turn Down For What
Years
But remember... Plasmaklang loses the BW Klingklang which allows steel energy to move around the field. That card was very important to the deck. But yes, I probably do need another non-ex attacker... But, wouldn't I lose Absol in one shot due to it's 100 HP? Because Cobalion can hit for 100..

Oh, and we don't have Magic Room Gothitelle for another set or two, so I don't have to worry about that deck for a while.

What should I take out for the Absol and Blend??? I want to stay away from taking out Virizion and Victini

....I just remembered!!! Giratina-EX bypasses Klingklang's ability! But it requires two blend .-.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Apr 26, 2015
i was just using deck and cover deck as an example of having a full bench.

Also as for what else to take out. Only thing aside from those 3 exs are like your supporters. I think 4 Juniper, 4 N, 3 Skyla, and 2 Colress are probably standard for your type of deck. Though you should also add dark claws.

Haxorus3465

Turn Down For What
Years
Well... Dark Claw just isn't my style, you know? Sorry :l Jeez, my decklists are always to tight ughh But I might be able to do with the -1 Skyla.

Last edited:
Years
I'd be worried about Absol simply because Catcher is still play legal. Also, that 100 HP is a prime target for a OHKO, but, then again, so is Victini EX.

If Dark Claw's not your style then don't run it! It may end up hurting you if you run it if it's not your style, since that may mean you're not quite as familiar with the situational advantages and disadvantages of the card and when to hold off on playing it.

Back