• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Other FULL] Atlantis Awakening [OOC+SU] [M]

MinnesotanGamer

Insert Something Interesting
Years
Okay, sorry I have not posted in a little while....oops. Ah well, I am having a few major computer problems right now, which is delaying me a bit.

As a result, I will be reinstalling windows on my machine, and hopefully that will fix most if not all of the problems. Unfortunately, this means that I may be MIA for a few days, possibly more.

I will go ahead and put up one more post before I do anything, so that should keep me in the green for a while.

Anyway, be back soon. Hopefully.

Swolligator

Butcher of the Sands
Years

Faces to Names: Atlantean Royal Family

This is just a post to give a little more information on some of the common NPCs you'll come into contact with. I know for certain I'm useless when it comes to describing NPCs in posts, so these small summaries will show you how they look and more. Enjoy~!​

Justin Oliver Evans

Height: 5'10''
Weight: 79kg
Nationality: Irish
Ability: Dendrokinesis

Despite hailing from Ireland, he has very little of his Irish accent left, the vast majority of it replaced with a more 'British' accent, with only subtle inflections left over. As the youngest member of the Royal Family, he constantly strives to prove his worth to the others, however finds it easier to get along with many of the students rather than his co-workers. Positive, optimistic and generally friendly, he is the most warm and kind hearted member of the Royal Family, and will gladly stick his neck out for any of the students. Most often he spends his time outside, tending to the fields, trees and garden, all of which he created with his ability. To him, the appearance of a 'normal' lifestyle is what he tries to create for the students, and tries to do his best to makes sure they feel at home.

Leo Eduardo Cabrillo

Height: 6'2''
Weight: 92kg
Nationality: Portuguese
Ability: Panthero Morphology

The 'Leader' of the Royal Family, Leo takes charge of affairs, making sure that the Mansion stays up and running. When it comes to politics, he is their face and figurehead. Possessing a Masters in Political Studies, he understands how the world works and does his best to make sure Atlanteans are given the best representation, the Atlantean Royal Family at least. Quite often he is busy sorting affairs and is rarely seen around the mansion, only coming in and out at odd times and hours. Since the loss of his brother, he seems rather unaffected by the event, yet the signs of sleep deprivation are starting to form beneath his eyelids. His shaggy beard and hair aren't the only effect of his ability, he apparently has an intense roar to boot.

Katerina Elena Lukyanenko

Height: 5'9''
Weight: 69kg
Nationality: Russian
Ability: Property Mimicry

Battle worn and hardened, Katerina is the only member of the Royal Family to have served time in an army of any sorts. She's tough, strict, and sometimes a little out of touch with how to deal with others, but this is all due to her military conditioning. Finishing High School, she then spent 3 years in the Russian Military Forces before being discharged for her abilities. She joined the others at the Royal Mansion at their bequest. She may be strict, but she knows what she's talking about, especially if it becomes a life and death situation. Many students are scared and weary of her, but she does have a soft side. Any student that can prove their worth to her she is more than willing to treat as an individual. Where as Justin is optimistic, she is much more of a realist, bordering on pessimism at times, but it one to push against adversity.

River Xiaoyun Beleren (白潇运)

Height: 5'6''
Weight: 66kg
Nationality: Chinese
Ability: Telepathy

When it comes to gossip, River is usually the source. While she teaches many students to protect their thoughts, she is no stranger to taking a dip in the lake of their minds. Like Justin, she gets along well with the students, but is more able to 'sync' with their adolescents and is quite often seen consoling the more emotionally upset students. Quite often she is seen aiding Katerina in her new lifestyle, explaining to her how emotions drive people at times. She is more wary of the students, and is less likely to send them into battle as perhaps her co-workers are. She likes to have fun training her pupils, finding that they learn more when they're enjoying themselves.

Edward Trent

Height: 5'11''
Weight: 82kg
Nationality: American
Ability: Luck Manipulation

If anyone was to be the epitome of "Happy-go-Lucky", it would be Edward. Being able to manipulate the force of luck as an ability is more power than anyone should have. He is perhaps the most likely person to abuse his ability for personal gain; hence why he is in charge of the Royal Family's Treasury; his luck keeps the money rolling in. In the past, he had a bad run in with the law, utilising his luck manipulation and then having it fail in situations where it was more needed. Now he prefers to use his ability on a low scale, mostly to cause small 'accidents' due to lack of luck, for his own enjoyment. While the other members of the Royal Family don't take him seriously much of the time, they still trust him with their monetary issues. Ultimately, you either like him or hate him, and if you dislike him, you'll probably end up being the but of many of his 'accidents'.

Antonia Costa

Height: 5'7''
Weight: 62kg
Nationality: British-Italian
Ability: Muscle Mimicry

Flirtatious and knowing of her beauty, she will often use her charm to get what she wants. Having been with the Royal Family for a while, she is used to the ins and outs of the mansion, and is perhaps considered the ultimate guide for new students. Friendly and approachable, she loves to test boundaries, especially when it comes to getting people to do jobs for her. Outgoing and free-spirited, she enjoys her freedom and often prizes enjoyment over other things. Most often she is seen by River's side, mostly deep in conversation about the current gossip and updating information on the things going on around the mansion.

Marilyn Turan

Height: 5'8''
Weight: 67kg
Nationality: Turkish
Ability: Telekinesis

More serious than Antonia, Marilyn is still not as serious as 'Nix', who even to her remains much of a mystery. She's loyal, quick thinking, and generally the brains of the group. She prefers solidarity to a group of people, often found beneath the trees in the grove behind the mansion. She studies hard to improve her English, only having been at the Royal Mansion for little under a year, after travelling all the way from Istanbul, Turkey. She enjoys amazing others with her telekinetic abilities, and enjoys facing off against many of the male students during duels. The thing she misses most about Turkey is the heat and sun, often wearing jeans and long sleeved shirts even in the middle of summer. Once a friend is always a friend to Marilyn, those who even prove their strength are the ones that get her full respect, and she can be trusted to help with anything.

Dekun 'Nix' Bai (白德昆)

Weight: 73kg
Nationality: Chinese
Ability: TBA

The mystery of this team, Nix is the nephew of River. He grew up over in Yunnan Province, China with the estranged Chinese side of River's family. There he excelled not in study, but in piloting and physics. after leaving high school, he joined the People's Army where he quickly learnt to pilot not only helicopters, but military grade aeronautical vehicles as well. When his ability first manifested during a flight training exercise, River sent herself on a personal mission to rescue the boy and bring him back to England. While he's been here less time then Marilyn, his English is a lot better. Quite, reserved and almost like a shadow, he is often seen late at night, and rarely during the day. He keeps to himself, except when he has personal meetings with Marilyn in the grove. He rarely speaks, and even so in short answers. He dislikes talking about his ability, and even refuses to tell anyone of it.

Last edited:
Reactions: SV
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jan 2, 2024
Is there a reason why everyone is so incredibly young? :p

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jan 2, 2024
30 is incredibly young. I would have expected the leaders to be 40 something. But you're their creator so yeah ;)

Kikpanther

Not a beginner that's for sure
Years
Thirty is kinda young, but nyehnyeh whatever. This is really nice, I hope we get something for everyone else too! :D

I'm sure whatever Dekun's power is it's either amazing or grotesque or grotesque and amazing!

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jan 2, 2024
Okay, sounds good to me :D Not that I'll meet them for a while anyways... I guess?

Swolligator

Butcher of the Sands
Years
Okay, sounds good to me :D Not that I'll meet them for a while anyways... I guess?

Possibly ;)

Okay guys, so Atlantis is not dead! Skymin will hopefully get a post done for AUP and Librarian peeps.

If you have any questions, feel free to ask, but yeah, it's up to you guys now. If you want to take on one of the renegade Atlanteans, I'll try to get bio posts up tomorrow. Otherwise, you're more than welcome to fight opposing faction members. and organise Joint Posts between yourselves or with our NPCs.

Years
  • Age 30
  • AU
  • Seen Feb 18, 2023
And posted~!!!!!!!

I'll try to write some bio posts for the AUP or the Librarian maybe tomorrow. :)

Swolligator

Butcher of the Sands
Years

To Hell We Ride: Renegade Atlanteans

Here's those small profiles I promised yesterday. Feel free to bunny these characters in your posts, if you have any queries, PM either myself or Skymin. Now would also be a good time to create relationships with those in other factions.​

Jacques Morain

Height: 5'11''
Weight: 76kg
Nationality: French
Ability: Meteorikinesis

Crazed and out of his mind, Jacques stands atop the Eiffel Tower, raining hell down from up above. To get to him, you'll have to avoid being crushed by meteorites, attacked by his Band Members below, and also scaled one thousand feet vertically to reach him. If you manage to do this, then it should be a breeze dispatching the man, as he is currently focused on destroying Paris. His eyes are now glowing,as are the rings of his Atlantean Tattoo enveloping his neck, and his body almost like a furnace. Even if you are to kill him, the meteorites will not stop right away. However, if you possess a silver tongue, you may be able to get him to call off the attack.

Dietger Van Damme

Weight: 69kg
Nationality: Belgian
Ability: Vocalkinesis

Leader of the band, and slightly older twin, Dietger is a wonder with his voice. In battle, he relies on his voice as much as he does when singing, and in turn it becomes his greatest weapon. When used aggressively, the voice echoes out like bubbles, with the power to knock you clean off your feet of you're not careful. He can also increase his pitch, shattering glass and eardrums, even earplugs may not save to from his ear-shattering scream. His weakness comes in his lack of fighting skills, incapacitate his throat, and you're home to a chicken dinner!

Maria Van Damme

Height: 5'6''
Weight: 66kg
Nationality: Belgian
Ability: Sonic Guitar

Calm and controlled as opposed to her overly-aggressive brother, this girl knows how to rock! Like her brother's voice, Maria's ability stems from the strumming of her guitar, sending out sonic waves akin to a gust of wind, rather than her brother's bubble like sound waves. Not enough to throw you back, but enough to hurtle full speed into your gut, winding you. The speeds of the sound waves are relative to her strumming, and she can also utilise the whammy bar to create a constant wave-like flow of sonic energy. Make her drop that bass and trash the guitar, and Maria will no longer be a threat.

Matthias Mertens

Height: 5'10''
Weight: 87kg
Nationality: Greek
Ability: Cement Armour

The Drummer. Stocky build, and deadly with drumsticks, this man'll take a bit to take him down. His ability utilises the cement from the side paths to attract to his body, forming rudimentary, yet solid armour for his body. If you can pierce through a couple centimetres of concrete, then his soft core is all yours, however looking for chinks in his armour would be the safest bet. The man's gotta move around, so joints would be a good place to start, however certain layers of the cement layer overlap, creating small weak spots that could be utilised to take this monster down. My last advice is to watch out, he may be slow, but boy can the man pack a punch. Punching with fists of cement or slamming them down at foes are his signature moves, get too close, and he won't hesitate to try to flatten you with a decent stomp!

Last edited:

SV

See You Space Cowboy
Years
  • Seen Feb 7, 2022
Yay, posts now! I still want James to meet a few people in this part, particularly Delta, Dom and Agnes!

Years
  • Seen Jul 18, 2016
I just wanted post to saying that for William and Agnes, I did the best that I could describing them through Delta's eyes on how she sees them! Since we really didn't get to interact before the timeskip~

So, if you don't think it's correct just let me know! And, I guess we can further detail their relationships if y'all want to.

Lt. Col. Fantastic

The Arianator
Years
Oh, darn. I didn't really put up how Austin feels about the rest of the Royal Family....maybe next post? or the one after...

but yeah if anyone wants to fight Dietger with Austin pm me! or skype me.

MinnesotanGamer

Insert Something Interesting
Years
Alright, computer works again! Actually got it working a couple days ago, but finals....you know. But I am happy to report that I am both done with finals and done with high school, so that's good.

So then, I am ready to post. I should have a post up by later tonight, so there you go!

Nakuzami

[img]https://i.imgur.com/iwlpePA.png[/img]
Years
I just wanted post to saying that for William and Agnes, I did the best that I could describing them through Delta's eyes on how she sees them! Since we really didn't get to interact before the timeskip~

So, if you don't think it's correct just let me know! And, I guess we can further detail their relationships if y'all want to.

Curious and sarcastic? No, no, it sounds accurate enough, lol. I'm not even entirely sure how Will should act, as he seems to be making himself up as we go along (yes, I'm slightly crazy, deal with it), but that sounds like what he'd do in the first week surrounded by new people. Delta especially, when it comes to the sarcasm, lol.

So I guess we're all just running around, fighting and/or helping people? You honestly let the hounds loose so soon? Oh my, this could get rough, lol.

I'll try to type a post up now, but I have to do a last minute (mini) project for Spanish, some Geometry and perhaps some other loose ends before school ends next week and finals start. Plus, I'm apparently going to dinner for my birthday in a few hours, which I was entirely unaware of until about five minutes ago, so I must now do that homework sooner than expected! xD
EDIT: yeah, I'm just going to try and homework-it-up for a little while. @_@;

Last edited:

Swolligator

Butcher of the Sands
Years
So with new characters coming in, I'll be adding them into the next Faces to Names with the Syndicate NPCs as well.

Also as a little side bit, I created a Spotify Playlist that revolves around Atlantis Arising. Many of the songs are important to characters and such, others are usually inspiration/event music.

http://open.spotify.com/user/firelordyago/playlist/0F5wlpzyknGdhijQiFgVRe

Enjoy!

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jan 2, 2024
Blaaaargh sorry for not posting! I will try to do so later today :]

Back