• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Your shinies!

Sirfetch’d

Playing Platinum right now and using a cute shiny Drifloon! This gave me the idea to remake the 4th gen shiny thread! What are some shinies that you have caught and used in this gen? Which are your favorites? :3

Years
The only one Shiny I got in Platinum was Floatzel, and I didn't use it since I already had a strong team at this point. My personal favorites from this gen are Leafeon.

Years
I never used the shinies I caught on my team, but I have still got them in storage to glomp at, but if you're wondering what I have it's just below:

Diamond (technically my brother's copy):
budew.gif
graveler.gif
unown-uniform.gif

Soul Silver:
graveler.gif
farfetchd.gif

(I also have Red Gyarados but he doesn't count)

Not exactly the best stuff in the world, but I would have definitely used that Budew since a shiny Roserade would have been very awesome to use. Not a fan of Graveler, Unown or Farfetch'd though, the latter two are nothing but complete jokes.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
I don't have most of my fourth gen shinies because I lost both my Pearl and my old Platinum. 8( But I shinies I did have were a shiny Budew (my first shiny in fourth gen), a shiny Milotic, aannnd a shiny Bulbasaur which I, thankfully, still have since it's on my Soul Silver. ♥ But that's about it when it came to fourth gen shinies, I believe.

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
Years
None unfortunately! It's a shame because a lot Sinnoh and Johto Pokemon have some really nice shiny designs and colours. I found a shiny Swinub on Gold but none in any of my 4th Gen games. I was luckier in my 5th Gen games though (shiny Beartic and Bravairy #winning).

Years
  • Seen Jul 17, 2016
In Heart Gold I realised I had forgotten an item on Route 26. I went back to collect it and accidentally stepped in to a grassy patch. From that single step, I found a shiny Ponyta. The true definition of a random shiny Pokémon. Unfortunately it was the worst possible nature for it with decreased Speed and high Defence but ultimately it went straight on to my team. It was quite difficult to use because I'm not the biggest fan of Ponyta and Rapidash I will admit but still made it all the way up to Red, taking down his Venusaur in style.

Spr_4h_077_s.png

Other than that, I found a shiny Magikarp whilst hunting for Feebas in Platinum. I also did this in Generation III on my Ruby version so I didn't consider it overly special to be honest.

Spr_4p_129_m_s.png

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
Years
I found no random shinies, but I did chain for quite a few of them. My first chain was a Corsola because I like its blue color. I like most blue shinies so I ended up chaining also for a shiny Voltorb, Ponyta, Banette, Venomoth, Nidoran Male, etc. Some others I picked up included Absol, Buneary, Shinx, Ariados, Buizel, and Skitty. I chained Voltorb while riding in a car and chained Skitty while in a hotel on vacation with my family.

Sun

When the sun goes down...
Years
  • Seen Jan 20, 2017
All my shinies from Gen IV are random by encounter.

Snubull was my very first shiny from my American Diamond.

Then there were Bidoof and Swinub. As well as some I've forgotten. Lol

Dedenne1

[SPAN="FONT-SIZE:16.5PX; FONT-FAMILY: SATISFY; TEX
Years
Diamond was my first time i found about shinies and of coarse it was a shiny Magikarp! Then i found a shiny zubat in SS and killed it but i got 1! Others i remember were Starly, Graveler, and Kricketune so it wasnt great but it was definately at the time!

Years
Ah I remember one night I was up late playing this looking for a ralts (or a shiny version) and was so tired that I was going to turn off my game when I entered a battle sequence that took me a moment to realize that a shiny growlithe was on my screen. So worth staying up.

User Anon 1848

My favorite shiny that I own is Gastly which I hatched while IV breeding. Haven't gotten around to evolving it just yet though. The rest of my shinies are Oddish, Nidoking, Ponyta, Rapidash, Teddiursa and Ursaring. I caught all of the latter four at Mt. Silver as I grind there quite a lot.

All of my shinies are in Soul Silver but I did come across a shiny Starly in Diamond immediately after selecting my starter Pokemon. Too bad you're unable to catch anything at that point. : (

Years
  • Seen Feb 5, 2023
Found that shiny zigzagoon tho! It was the first shiny that I ever saw in the wild and I was so hyped to catch that thing. It's stats were horrible and it as like level 13 but I was happy to find it nonetheless. Gen 4 was also the first time that I had gotten into breeding Pokemon and I was lucky enough to hatch a shiny squirtle. My dumb elementary school self traded that thing for a Pokemon that I can't even remember now....

Back