• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Make Your Own Protagonists

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
Years
  • Age 8
  • +
  • Seen Sep 15, 2020

ywyao.png
q2iD8.png

So as we heard of the new and official games B&W2, a couple of us had theories that to continue these as sequels, they should give us new protagonists. This is where you can get creative and make your own for the "sequels"!
The Rules & How to Make Your Protagonists
- You may make one or two protagonists (depending on how much time you have on your hands and if you want to do more than one).

pokeball_gray.jpg
The protagonists could be "official" artwork (in which you draw/color/paint them), or you can choose to make their sprites instead. If you want to do both, you can.

pokeball_gray.jpg
Feel free to add a background for your protagonists (i.e. - their age, life story, etc.)

pokeball_gray.jpg
The sprites/artwork of the protagonists must be made by you and not by anyone else on the internet. Feel free to edit your submission, but make sure you have the one you want no later than the deadline.

pokeball_gray.jpg
Feel free to comment/discuss everyone's work!

pokeball_gray.jpg
Have fun! Yes, that's required. ;)
Be Creative!
& Again, enjoy. :)

juniebug910

Dragon of Light
Years
Kaori, I am in love with ur siggy. It is plain adorable.

Anyway......... I had to actually WRITE what they look like, since I have no account on any art posting website. So, I shall do it like an RPG SU! ^^

The Girl Protagonist

Name: Lily

Apperance: Lily has long blond hair that she puts into a braid mostly. Her eyes are a deep green, and she has a light skin tone. Her usual outfit is a blue tank top over a purple shirt,regular jeans, and white sneakers. On her head is a pokeball-shaped cloth. Lily wears a bracelet that holds her pokeballs for her pokemon.

Personality: Lily is a kind, but strong girl. She is always there to help others. And she NEVER neglects to help something-or someone- in danger.

History: Lily was 5 when her family moved from Johto to Unova. She had a very special bond with her parents, and a small Snivy/Oshawott/Tepig that now lived with them. Soon, a large shadow scraped the sky. It was Black Kyurem/White Kyurem. Lily watched in amazment. A legendary was flying over her! Now, Lily is 11, and seeks to find Black/White Kyurem, and possibly capture it.

The Boy Protagonist

Name: Sark

Apperance: Sark has short blond hair that is a bit spiky at the bottom. His eyes are a VERY dark blue, and he has a light skin tone. He wears a blue T-shirt with white jeggings and dark red sneakers. On his head is a yellow cap with a pokeball icon (colors and all!). He wears a silver belt with little cup holder-like slots for his pokeballs.

Personality: Sark is a kind, but strong boy. He is always there to help others. And he NEVER neglects to help something-or someone- in danger.

History: Sark was 5 when his family moved from Johto to Unova. He had a very special bond with his parents, and a small Snivy/Oshawott/Tepig that now lived with them. Soon, a large shadow scraped the sky. It was Black Kyurem/White Kyurem. Sark watched in amazment. A legendary was flying over him! Now, Sark is 11, and seeks to find Black/White Kyurem, and possibly capture it.

Last edited:

gunnerpow7

☆ キレイハナ Kireihana ☆
Years
Well, here's my entry...

(also included mugshots...)

Spoiler:

That's all... =) Also, I've done it on MS Paint so ha! =)

Last edited:

blue

gucci
Years
Male

Name: Tyrone
tyrone.jpg

Appearence: Tyrone has short blond hair and likes to wear plain clothing therefore he has a plainbrown T-shirt covered by a maroon overcoat. He has a Pokéwalker attatched to his baggy trousers and likes to wear formal footware. Overall he likes to keep his dignity in tact wearing smart and formal clothing.
History: After moving to Nuvema Town from Undella Town, Tyrone decided to become a Pokémon Trainer, influenced by his relatives battling trainers in their mansion back in Undella Town. He has since moved in with his Grandmother and wants to become the champion!
He is mentored and under the watchful eye of Steven Stone who also influences him to persue his dreams.

Female

Name: Stella
stella.png

Appearence: Stella has blond, shoulder length hair and loves fashion and because of this all her clothes have a theme. Her shirt is pink and she loves wearing jeans and the most stylish and up-to-date footware. She also loves to wear all different kinds of jewellery.
History: After moving to Nuvema Town from Undella Town, Stella decided to become a Pokémon Trainer, influenced by her relatives battling trainers in their mansion back in Undella Town. She has since moved in with her Grandmother and wants to become the champion!
She is mentored and under the watchful eye of Cynthia who also influences her to persue her dreams.

Last edited:
Years
Oooh this sounds fun! :)

Female

Name: Alura

Appearance: Long blonde hair swept up in a ponytail; piercing green eyes; black fingerless gloves; orange halterneck top; light grey ripped denim shorts; knee socks and combat boots.

History: Originally from Lacunosa Town, her idol growing up in the Unova region was Marshal of the Elite Four. Emulating his strength, she became a competent trainer quickly and developed deep bonds with her pokémon, hoping to one day meet the man in the flesh and challenge him. She eventually did and beat him, and Marshal, so impressed with her inner peace and outer strength took her on to be his apprentice.

Male

Name: Maxi

Appearance: Jet black hair; brown eyes; black polo shirt and sleeveless jacket; green cargo pants with belt and sneakers.

History: Originally from Opelucid City (white version), his role model growing up was the Gym Leader, Brycen. In imitation, he used only ice type pokémon until he lost a competition in Icirrus City. Brycen, who was watching him, told him he had a good soul and was potentially a great pokémon trainer, but he should battle with his favourites. Following this advice, Maxi did so, looking forward to the time he could face Brycen in a battle and show him how far he'd come.

Cosmotone8

silhouette of the past
Years
Oh my gosh, I am so psyched for this!

Here is the girl protagonist. Her name is Laurel and she is a very cheerful girl, and stays optimistic in all situations. She will typically fight with you rather than against you.
Pics:
Spoiler:

This is the boy protagonist. He is named Andy and is a determined fighter who can be a little rough at times. He will do anything to win.
Pics:
Spoiler:

Last edited:

gunnerpow7

☆ キレイハナ Kireihana ☆
Years
Oh my gosh, I am so psyched for this!

Here is the girl protagonist. Her name is Laurel and she is a very cheerful girl, and stays optimistic in all situations. She will typically fight with you rather than against you.
Pics:
Spoiler:

This is the boy protagonist. He is named Andy and is a determined fighter who can be a little rough at times. He will do anything to win.
Pics:
Spoiler:

The sprites look cool and fantastic. It seems you had experience like this before? Well my forte is in splicing, recoloring, and maybe minor to moderate spriting but from scratch? I can't even do some shadowing. I totally praise you! For me, the work is 8/10.. =D

-ty-

Don't Ask, Just Tell
Years
  • Age 32
  • USA
  • Seen May 2, 2015

The sprites look cool and fantastic. It seems you had experience like this before? Well my forte is in splicing, recoloring, and maybe minor to moderate spriting but from scratch? I can't even do some shadowing. I totally praise you! For me, the work is 8/10.. =D

I can't see the sprites for some reason. I think this happened to me before. Even when I go to quote the message and look through for the actual link to the picture, there is nothing there. I wonder if it's my browser or my account?

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
Years
  • Age 8
  • +
  • Seen Sep 15, 2020
I hope we get some more creative juices flowing in here. I'd like to see more stories of these protagonists, and sprites are amazing.

These few entries are really interesting. :P

-ty-

Don't Ask, Just Tell
Years
  • Age 32
  • USA
  • Seen May 2, 2015
Unova's Past

Prior to the events in which occurred in the Unova Region during Pokemon Black and White, N was manipulated by the only father-figure he'd known, Ghetsis, based off false indoctrination. These indoctrination were to create a more peaceful world, where Pokemon where free of spherical cages and coercive combat - but Ghetsis only sought power.

Ghetsis did not select N as his apprentice on a whim; he had purposeful intentions. First, Ghetsis sought the crown and thrown of Unova, and he did just that. Ghetsis's calvary demolished the Unova Royal Family and claimed the throne for his own. The man who occupied the chair would be afforded the power to conjure Reshiram or Zekrom; however, when he summoned the dragon Pokemon they would not follow his commands-only a royal could wield their power. It wasn't long after until Ghetsis was unable to occupy the thrown without the power of the two dragons, and he had spilt the blood of every royal in Unova-at least he thought.

Three children of the King and Queen of Unova were smuggled out of the palace by a nomad couple upon witnessing the onslaught; N was the eldest among these children at the age of 5, yet most of his memory of the events were suppressed by devastation. During their flee, N became separated from the couple, and the young boy retreated to the forest on his own. This explains N's fixation of childhood and innocence-he witness the downfall of his own and wanted to restore it. His siblings were infantile twins at the time, like N, no one knows what names were given to them by the royal family. However, the girl was given a pink bow lace and the boy was given a pink sash that was worn around his neck like a bandana. Therefore, the nomadic couple named the twins Bow and Bandana.

Heroes' Future

bandana.png
bowc.png

While N was soon discovered by Ghetsis, who used him for his ability to wield the powerful dragon Pokemon, Bow and Bandana grew up in a small town. The nomads had now become parents, and settled down to take care of the children in Village Bridge. Bandana was always more aggressive and outgoing than his sister. From a fairly young age he was fascinated with motorcycles and anything else that would give him an adrenaline rush. Bow on the other hand, was refined and had become intrigued with her studies. The two had never had the opportunity to train Pokemon, however, the fate of the world was resting in their hands to become highly skilled trainers.

After Ghetsis was defeated in Black and White, N called on the two dragons to live in another world with him, peacefully. However, a third dragon Pokemon, Kyurem was summoned with the black and white dragons. After their departure, Kyurem sought to destroy the yin and yang, and create a world of one tone...gray. The only way to prevent Kyurem, and restore the balance back into the world would require summoning Reshiram and Zekrom, and defeating N for their control; then, wield their power to defeat Kyurem. The only two with the royal blood, and therefore power, to do so, are Bow and Bandana. But first, they must defeat the most powerful trainers in the region to ensure that they have enough strength and skill, a daunting feat of its own!

BANDANA & BOW

bandanalo.png
bowsprite.png

(ICONS ARE COMING TOMORROW)​

Cosmotone8

silhouette of the past
Years

Unova's Past

Prior to the events in which occurred in the Unova Region during Pokemon Black and White, N was manipulated by the only father-figure he'd known, Ghetsis, based off false indoctrination. These indoctrination were to create a more peaceful world, where Pokemon where free of spherical cages and coercive combat - but Ghetsis only sought power.

Ghetsis did not select N as his apprentice on a whim; he had purposeful intentions. First, Ghetsis sought the crown and thrown of Unova, and he did just that. Ghetsis's calvary demolished the Unova Royal Family and claimed the throne for his own. The man who occupied the chair would be afforded the power to conjure Reshiram or Zekrom; however, when he summoned the dragon Pokemon they would not follow his commands-only a royal could wield their power. It wasn't long after until Ghetsis was unable to occupy the thrown without the power of the two dragons, and he had spilt the blood of every royal in Unova-at least he thought.

Three children of the King and Queen of Unova were smuggled out of the palace by a nomad couple upon witnessing the onslaught; N was the eldest among these children at the age of 5, yet most of his memory of the events were suppressed by devastation. During their flee, N became separated from the couple, and the young boy retreated to the forest on his own. This explains N's fixation of childhood and innocence-he witness the downfall of his own and wanted to restore it. His siblings were infantile twins at the time, like N, no one knows what names were given to them by the royal family. However, the girl was given a pink bow lace and the boy was given a pink sash that was worn around his neck like a bandana. Therefore, the nomadic couple named the twins Bow and Bandana.

Heroes' Future

bandana.png
bowc.png

While N was soon discovered by Ghetsis, who used him for his ability to wield the powerful dragon Pokemon, Bow and Bandana grew up in a small town. The nomads had now become parents, and settled down to take care of the children in Village Bridge. Bandana was always more aggressive and outgoing than his sister. From a fairly young age he was fascinated with motorcycles and anything else that would give him an adrenaline rush. Bow on the other hand, was refined and had become intrigued with her studies. The two had never had the opportunity to train Pokemon, however, the fate of the world was resting in their hands to become highly skilled trainers.

After Ghetsis was defeated in Black and White, N called on the two dragons to live in another world with him, peacefully. However, a third dragon Pokemon, Kyurem was summoned with the black and white dragons. After their departure, Kyurem sought to destroy the yin and yang, and create a world of one tone...gray. The only way to prevent Kyurem, and restore the balance back into the world would require summoning Reshiram and Zekrom, and defeating N for their control; then, wield their power to defeat Kyurem. The only two with the royal blood, and therefore power, to do so, are Bow and Bandana. But first, they must defeat the most powerful trainers in the region to ensure that they have enough strength and skill, a daunting feat of its own!

BANDANA & BOW

bandanalo.png
bowsprite.png

I like them a lot, and I think the story is awesome, but the pallette is a little akward to me.

Bluerang1

pin pin
Years
The blonde female seems to be a recurring theme here and it's one I'm also using.

Meet Blake and Willow from Nuvema Town. They saw Hilbert and Hilda, along with Cheren and Biance start their Pokemon journeys and ten years later, it is now their turn. They are the same age the previous protagonists were when they left for their journey, I'm saying 16. They are two of a group of four friends; Belle, a fiery red-head, and Charlie, a reserved guy who is still unsure if he's ready to start his journey however he is two years older than the rest so could have begun his journey earlier.

As protagonists they have no character, haha, but I have a basic description of their role in B2W2 if they are not the player's chosen character. It's from my speculation:

Blake and Willow are interchangeable as they are the protagonists. Whoever you don't play as will not be a rival but a field research assistant for Professor Juniper. You will see them along your journey and they will bring you news and information. You will however face them in a battle along your journey and sometime post-game. They will be re-match-able. Their starter Pokémon is a Pichu. This is because Professor Juniper wants to see how a Pokemon from a different region performes in Unova and its reaction to the new environment around it.

And quick art I did. It's not very detailed, I don't have much time to spruce it up.

Blake:
Spoiler:

Willow:
Spoiler:

Last edited:

gunnerpow7

☆ キレイハナ Kireihana ☆
Years
Unova's Past

Heroes' Future

bandana.png
bowc.png

BANDANA & BOW

bandanalo.png
bowsprite.png

I do love the "official artwork" but the sprites could be more improved than this. Still, that doesn't change the fact that I love the art... Cool!!!! 8/10!!! =D
EDIT: I added the back sprite and the mini sprite of my protagonists in my submission post. Just saying though...

Last edited:

vaporeon7

My life would suck without you
Years
I can only be bothered making the female protagonist so...

Name: Clare
Appearance: Clare is a medium-tall girl with light skin and long and wavy dark brown hair. She wears a purple and white sleeveless shirt with short shorts, similar to Touko's. She has bright blue eyes and is always smiling. She wears a white hat and sneakers.
History: Born and raised in Mistralton City by her mother and father, Clare was always a bright happy girl. She often displayed a non-serious and joyful facial expression until a year ago when her father, a student of Skyla's, died in a plane accident. Deciding she needed a restart, Clare and her mother moved to one of Numeva Town's new houses. She regularly studies hard so that she can earn her mother's approval to start her Pokémon journey.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
Years
Here's my entry. I'm only doing a female character. Hopefully we'll be judged on backstory as well as the image, since mine's a quickie edit of the Lady sprite xD

Yeah, I decided to do something besides my main OC, Lisa, because she's already an established Pokemon trainer.

BW-char.png

Name: Ashley Savino

Don't be fooled by her cute looks and innocent demeanor. This girl is as tough as nails. Born on the mean streets of Goldenrod City, Ashley's resourcefulness and street savvy landed her a position with the investigative arm of the Pokemon League. For over four years she has participated in police investigations, helping to shut down Pokemon poachers, drug smugglers, fraud schemes, and even assassination plots against Elite Four members.

Because of Ashley's ability to portray herself as a girl five or six years younger than her actual age, she's been given a new mission: Investigate a recent rash of crimes occuring in the Unova region by what appears to be a resuurected Team Plasma. She must conduct this operation under the guise of an ordinary starting Pokemon trainer, in order to avoid arousing suspicion. To maintain her cover during this vital mission, it is being conducted in secret. Nobody outside of her direct supervisors knows of this operation, and that includes the International Police who she has worked with in the past. To establish her identity as a starting trainer, she has been living with a mock "family" (actually senior special agents in the same division) in preparation for her mission.

However, this mission presents Ashley with a challenge she hasn't faced before. She's always been used to completing her mission with the help of her trusty .40 pistol and her League-issued Crown Vic police cruiser. But now, she'll be tasked with completing her mssion without guns and cars but with Pokemon. And given that she's never thrown a Pokeball in her life, Pokemon training will present a unique challenge to her. But this is one tough young lady. She's looking forward to stepping up to the plate and tackling this challenge head-on.

Bluerang1

pin pin
Years
I love all the different stories on display here, good job guys! Last day tomorrow, best of luck to everyone :)

And on a prideful note, I really like how I designed my female protagonist, I hope B2W2's female protagonist has a similar design ^_^

Years
  • Seen Jan 24, 2013
Jay Hihane

Jay Hihane
POB(Place Of Birth): Kajimori City
Appearence:
Jay Hihane, living a life full of struggles he has matured as much physically as he has mentally. Standing at six feet tall, Jay is very big for his age. Not just tall, but a fit squared young man. Full, rich, long shiny black hair flows from his head, never wishing to cut it, shoulder length for now. He can also be seen with a bit of ruggedness, as his facial hair has long since been growing in. Of course he shaves, to keep his face clean, but nonetheless it grows back as all facial hair does. He keeps a serious look on his face, having a pair of emerald green "hawk eyes" you could say. As he has what you might call a heavy stare. He tends to wear a series of scarves that he carries with him. His favorite however, is one that has a white a green scheme, with the ends in strands being a leaf green, while the rest of the scarf is white. He also wears a loose black leather jacket which was custom made with straps to hold all six Pokeballs on its inside. While under the jacket he wears a tight fit grey Tshirt. It is short sleeved, the left sleeve is just long enough to cover a tattoo given to him as part of his family mark. It is a small black flame encased in a cube. It is seen easily, in contrast to his light caramel tone. Another way it is often seen, is when he is in battle, as he tends to use his right arm to bring out Pokemon. As for pants, Jay will usually wear his dark grey sweat pants, while wearing training shorts under which are a dark grey and red. Lastly, shoes are something he rarely uses, as he feels better without them!

Background:
Jay Hihane, son to Hannah Morrison, and Ken Hihane. Around the age of 3, Jay was fascinated with Pokemon, as his father was a Gym Leader in Kajimori City. His family followed a strict policy, Fire Pokemon or none at all! So strict, they even marked themselves with their own symbol. The " Fire Soul" or as Jay calls it, The Fire Prison. Jay was very different from the rest in his family, he enjoyed seeing all types of Pokemon, although he never revealed this. He'd trained with his father plenty of times throughout the years, so that he could be ready as a Pokemon Trainer. So when that day came, he could be ready. Nearing the week of starting his journey, Jay's mother was killed by an Ice Pokemon whom she was trying to catch for Jay. She knew his fascination of different types and wanted to surprise him with an extra Pokemon for his journey. This pokemon was a Froslass who had evolved from Snorunt when startled by Jay's mother. Due to her untimely death, Jays father, Ken, searched for the Pokemon in hopes to beat it in battle harshly. He'd searched and searched for days to no prevail, and this was partly due to the fact that in Kajimori City. There was always snow, so Pokemon easily hid. While Ken was gone, Jay picked his starter Pokemon at Professor Kaiden's lab. His choice was easy, he'd gone with Snivy, a grass type. This only made his father furious upon return. Ken took this as betrayal and the stress caused him to throw out Jay on his own. Before this however, he'd taken Snivy from Jay and gave it away to the next trainer who passed by the Gym. That very night, Jay was out in the cold, and along came the very Pokemon his father was searching for. The Froslass seemed terribly sorry for having attacked Jay's mother, and unlike his father, Jay understood it. The two bonded from there on out, and embarked on a Journey throughout his Region. This allowed him to venture out to places like Johto, Hoenn, and the Sinnoh region! Today we meet Jay having passed through all his struggles, as he will soon be arriving in the Unova region, specifically Nuvema town, where his partner, Froslass, accompanies him on his travels to learn more about the world, and its creatures we call Pokemon.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Just closing for now while Kaori does the judging to prevent any other entries, since in another event someone thought they were still open.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back