• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Light Platinum : The Nuzlocke

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen May 20, 2015
(Let's Play) Pokémon Light Platinum : The Nuzlocke
IN WRITING

Hey guys, I'm TeKan56 and this is Pokémon Light Platinum : The Nuzlocke.
I just wanted to say that this is my first ever Nuzlocke so I need all your guys' support. It was tough for me to decide a single to start off with but I figured that Pokémon Light Platinum gave me versatility along with providing a real challenge. I want be posting any videos. Just keep tabs on this thread and you can keep up with this LP. So, I just hope that my Nuzlocke ends well. I just hope someone is willing to support me. PS I will be posting screenshots. So, here goes.

Question: I just wanted to ask you guys about this doubt I had about the Nuzlocke rules. Can we get two Pokémon in the same area but by different methods? For example, can I get a Pokémon via tall grass and one via headbutt trees or fishing in the same route? Also, are gift Pokémon counted as a Pokémon for that area? And can we take part in In-Game Trades? Thanks in advance. And I will be posting the first part of the LP soon.

Last edited:

Gyardosamped

entering snake habitat
Years
Hey there! :) Not an expert on the specifics when it comes to the Nuzlocke, but I'll provide some input based off of what I know.

Can we get two Pokémon in the same area but by different methods?

I don't think so. Regardless if the methods of catching are different, you may only catch the first Pokémon you encounter in a given route.

Also, are gift Pokémon counted as a Pokémon for that area?

I don't think it's clear whether or not gift Pokémon can be used, because the whole idea of the challenge is to use the Pokémon you've captured, but I think you can use gifted ones if you'd like. This is optional, I guess. And I don't think they would count as a Pokémon for that area, seeing as you didn't necessarily 'encounter' the Pokémon. Not so sure.

And can we take part in In-Game Trades?

Like in the previous question, the whole idea of the challenge is to use only captured Pokémon, but I'm pretty sure you can use traded Pokémon as long as you had already captured the Pokémon necessary for the trade. For example, let's say an NPC wants to trade their Raticate for your Kadabra. You can only make this trade if you already had a Kadabra in your possession. You cannot go out and capture it and then trade. Hope that makes sense. :)

If you're interested about the specifics when it comes to the challenge, this website explains everything in detail.

Good luck with the challenge and your let's play! :D

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen May 20, 2015
Hey guys, there seems to be a little problem. I'm not being able to post screenshots directly from my computer. If anybody knows the solution, please reply.

Okay, moving on....

PART 1

Lets start this. And I see Professor Juniper. Woah! She gives us the typical Pokemon lecture and she shows us a Snivy. Cool. She asks my gender. Male of course. My name? Sorry but It's not Landon, Terry, Seth or Tom. It's TeKan56! Now enter a world full of Pokemon and adventures yadi-yadah.

Okay. I'm in some weird sort of world and all I can see is Arceus, surrounded by Dialga, Palkia and Giratina. Awsome. But somethings happening. Dialga, Palkia and Giratina are attacking Arceus. And the all attack at once and........... Arceus disappears. AND......

I wake up. It was just a dream. But it sure seemed real. So I try to go downstairs but mom comes up and tells me that Professor Juniper needs my help in Central City. It has something to do with the language Alpha which my Dad taught me before he disappeared and apparently, I'm the only one who knows it. And she tells me to set my clock.

So, I go downstairs and outside and this random guy comes out of nowhere and introduces himself as Kaori, the Champion of the Zhery League. He tells me that he's here to take me to Central City. So we hope onto his Salamence and fly to Central City.

Once there, he leads me to this like hollow space right in the middle of the city. There's an ancient script in the language Alpha. Over there, there's Professor Juniper and World Champion Ash Ketchum. I read the script aloud and it explains how Arceus created the Universe. So, Kaori destroys it and fills the hole with water. With the problem solved, he and Ash take off and suddenly this guys comes out of hiding and says that he's from Team Steam and he's going to get Professor Juniper to spill her guts about the universe's creation. So she takes out her briefcase and asks me to get one pokemon. And the starers are....................

Bulbasaur, Squirtle and Charmander.

I choose Charmader and get into a battle with the Grunt's Level 2 Poochyena. I easily scratch it to death and the Grunt says that I am now o Team Steams 'list'. He disappears and Professor Juniper gives me the Pokemon permanently. I nickname my male Charmander Blitzey. He has a Modest nature and good Spec Att and Speed.

So thats it for today. Can anyone please tell me the solution of my problem that I stated above and does anybody think I'm being too lengthy. Should I shorten up the details?

Anyways, thanks for reading and Part 2 will be coming soon.

Peace Out

Gyardosamped

entering snake habitat
Years
Hey guys, there seems to be a little problem. I'm not being able to post screenshots directly from my computer. If anybody knows the solution, please reply.

If you want the pictures to run consecutively with your story, then you need to upload them to an image hosting site (such as Imgur, Imageshack, Photobucket) first, and then post the link with the tags it gives you on here.

Here's an example:

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/mR11q5L.png

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen May 20, 2015
Gyardosamped. Thanks, I'll do that. But I'll probably post part 2 tomorrow. Really tired right now. Nut thanks though.

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen May 20, 2015
I just wanted to ask whether I should be more descriptive and detailed with my LP or maybe a little less. Please reply as I can post the next part accordingly.

Gyardosamped

entering snake habitat
Years
I think it's pretty interesting so far. I like the city and character names, and also the plot seems to be interesting, too. Hey, the more descriptive you can be, the better. Adding more detail always adds spice to any story, but I think you're fine if you want to continue writing the way you are! :) Also, adding pictures would definitely make the story ten times cooler. I think that's what you were planning on doing anyway, but just wanted to make that remark.

I want to read part 2! xD

Years
I think that bobandbill's LP is a very good example of what a picture LP should look like. This is because it is entertaining and keeps us reading with interesting short comments on each screen he shows. Don't copy him exactly, though, it's good to have your own style that is different from others.

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen May 20, 2015
PART 2

So I'm now here with part 2. Hope you enjoy it.

After defeating the Team Steam Grunt, I kind of teleported into Professor Juniper's lab. She told me to fetch her Professor Oak from a nearby lake. And she gave the the Pokeballs. Thank God. I got out of her lab and started exploring the town a bit. Here are the graphics of the game.

PokemonLightPlatinumEnglishFinalVersion_22_zps910a9a1f.png

I ended up getting a Max Potion and a Thunder Stone. I also realized that Blitzy was holding a Moo Moo Milk. As I was checking all the areas, I found a little surprise.

PokemonLightPlatinumEnglishFinalVersion_19_zps5c4c5e2a.png

It had these stats with a Careful nature.

PokemonLightPlatinumEnglishFinalVersion_21_zps67df5076.png

Sadly, I couldnt nickname it.

With this, I was done with this town so I headed of to the first patch of grass and.....

PokemonLightPlatinumEnglishFinalVersion_23_zps08b8f1e6.png

And it was a.........

PokemonLightPlatinumEnglishFinalVersion_24_zpsbb4cdc64.png

Seriously game? That's the best you could come up with. So, I KILLED IT! Muawahahahaha.

I saw that I was gonna have my first battle with a Bug Catcher so I trained Blitzy up to Level 7(barely) so it would learn Ember. However I started of with Elekid and the Bug Catcher used two Lvl 4 Caterpies on me which I easily KOed but Elekid still didnt grow a level. He sent out 2 Venipedes next which were OHKOed by Blitzy's powerful Ember. Venipede gave off so much EXP points that Blitzy grew to Level 11. So I beat the first trainer without much of a problem. I picked up a potion and used it on Blitzy who had low health after that mini grinding session.

The next trainer was a Youngster(I think) who started off with Poochyena. I KOed it with Elekind who was in yellow health now. And Elekid grew to Lvl 7. Next up were Pidgey, Elecktrike, Blitzle and Spearow. I beat them all with Blitzy's Ember with switch training Elekid for a couple of em. Blitzy was now Lvl 12, with Elekid being Lvl 7(barely).

And, I had to use my Moo Moo Milk on Elekid who had red health.

The next battle was another Bug Catcher who started of with a Kricketot which I KOed with Elekid. Next was a Caterpie which I also killed with Elekid. He then sent out a Venipede which I Embered to death. Blitzy grew to Lvl 13 and learned Smokescreen. He then sent out two Metapod that I KOed with Elekid who grew to Lvl 8.

So that was it for this route. I had reached Central City which was north of me. After healing, I talked to all the people on the route and a guy gave me TM 24 - Thief.

I went and explored the city. Btw, a screenshot of the city.

PokemonLightPlatinumEnglishFinalVersion_36_zps8dd1fb37.png

And the items that I got.

PokemonLightPlatinumEnglishFinalVersion_29_zpsbbd17f79.png

PokemonLightPlatinumEnglishFinalVersion_30_zps2110b086.png

PokemonLightPlatinumEnglishFinalVersion_31_zpsa1cf05ce.png

Some pretty good items. I explored the city even more and got another surprise.

PokemonLightPlatinumEnglishFinalVersion_33_zps004b0516.png

I couldnt nickname it either. I'm just gonna have to find a Name Rater.

So that's it for today guys, I'll try to post Part 3 soon but it might not be posted until the weekend because I'm busy, but I'll try my best.

And to finish off, my Pokemon's stats.

PokemonLightPlatinumEnglishFinalVersion_37_zpsfe05bba9.png

PokemonLightPlatinumEnglishFinalVersion_38_zps9071a3e0.png

PokemonLightPlatinumEnglishFinalVersion_35_zps29fffbcd.png

And my final team at the end of Part 2.

PokemonLightPlatinumEnglishFinalVersion_40_zps1f4ad4a9.png

Later.

Are my pictures visible? All I can see are those little image icons.

Last edited:

Apple Juice

who are you
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Jul 15, 2014
The images are broken, and I believe it's because of the .html ending of all your links. I'd suggest trying out imgur for a simpler way of uploading images, and if that fails, I'd be happy to upload them for you!

I think your updates are fine, but making them longer will do you a lot of good! It's actually a rule to refrain from keeping your updates too often and too frequent, as it becomes more of a post count +1 than anything else. Otherwise, I look forward to see what you do with it!

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen May 20, 2015
Just wanted to ask whether this was working.
My team at the end of Part 2.

dutAx1O

Years
Yeah I think your images are broken.

What you need to do is upload your images to imgur, when they have finished uploading, individually, copy the image location and then paste it on the Insert Image feature in your posts.

Step 1:
Spoiler:

Step 2:
Spoiler:

Step 3:
Spoiler:

Step 4:
Spoiler:

And that should do it for each image! :D

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen May 20, 2015
Sorry for not posting for such a long time. Making a picture LP is actually surprisingly pretty hard. But will be posting Part 3 tomorrow or the day after.

I've also decided from now on, I'll be posting less frequently but instead my posts will be way longer.

Is this working?
TYW5wfS.png

Yes. Finally. Thanks so much Pave Low :D

Last edited:
Back