• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Pokémon Trainer Association

xMikasax

Your Worst Nightmare
Years
I've just defeated Wattson took 3 tries because my pokemon were under leveled because I was too reckless and I didn't even train a bit.

Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen May 23, 2023
Okay wow it's been a while. Sorry for not being too active but life's busy! Anyway I decided to restart Emerald since it was a bit hard coping with my current team. Anyone got any suggestions that could prove to be useful? Good training spots early on would be helpful as well. I've also been meaning to try out some underrated Pokemon so if you have any suggestions then shoot. Starter is Torchic by the way. :D

Miau

If I fits...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 31, 2022
Welcome to the club, Pacifist, and good luck with your current game! If you're looking to train and breed later on, I'd suggest starting early with Join Avenue, I especially use the Nursery there, and there are other facilities to help with EV training. And I've used Leavanny in my Black 2 playthrough as well, and she was a very pleasant surprise. I didn't expect her to last long, but she was actually an important member of my team against the E4. Here she is at some point in our post-game adventures:
Spoiler:

Mikasa and Sophie, you two make me want to restart Emerald too, hehe. I can't really remember much from early on, so sadly I can't really give any hints. As for underrated Pokemon, I wonder if early route ones count, such as Poochyena, Zigzagoon and Wurmple.

Pacifist

Its a Destiny
Years
  • Seen May 25, 2014
I've also been meaning to try out some underrated Pokemon so if you have any suggestions then shoot. Starter is Torchic by the way. :D
I would recommend Spoink (Jagged Pass) Chimecho (Mt. Pyre summit) and Seviper (Route 114)

Oh and today i defeated Colress, Caught some females for breeding in the desert area (Nice 31 HP IVs Female Sigilyph ) Worked a little bit in my Join Avenue, Arrived Nimbasa city and explored Lostlorn forest where i caught a Pansage, Whimsicott and a nice Pinsir from the Hidden Grotto, Moxie FTW oh and i caught a new team member!
Team Update:
Spoiler:

Miau

If I fits...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 31, 2022

THE POKEMON TRAINER ASSOCIATION SPRINT
- September 2013: PIRATES -

why+must+all+the+cool+legendaries+be+event+exclusives+_9a1decb0f29ef53b226249ef0e292a7f.png

Avast, me hearties, yer just in time fer our very first Pokemon Association Trainer Sprint! A Trainer Sprint lasts for an entire month, and aside from normal club activity, there's also a fun theme to go with it! For ye landlubbers out there, September 19th is the International Talk Like a Pirate Day, hence this month's theme.

During this Trainer Sprint, everyone is invited to:
  • post updates on their training progress and discuss training topics and share tips
  • complete goals to get featured in the club's achievements section. Whenever you're in the mood to tackle a new achievement, fill in the form!
    [b]Goal:[/b]
    [b]Details:[/b]

Spoiler:
  • participate in the Sprint's Training Project and mini-events that may occur throughout the month
  • discuss the Sprint's topics on various training matters

Sprinters

Completed goals

• Zebz213
    Spoiler:

• kirou12
    Spoiler:

Ongoing goals

• MIAU
    Spoiler:

• Narnia
    Spoiler:

• AlexOzzyCake
    Spoiler:

• Pacifist
    Spoiler:

• mucus
    Spoiler:

• kirou12
    Spoiler:

Trainer Project

This month we're training a pirate Pokemon! Show off a Pokemon you've trained that matches one or more of the criteria below. Don't have one? Well then, why don't you get started on training the fiercest pirate Pokemon to sail the seven seas?

Criterion 1: Every pirate is a great sailor that knows its way on the vast seas.

Train a Water-type Pokemon.
Criterion 2: Stealthy pickpocketing or furious canon blows, your choice!

Train a Pokemon that knows Thief or Fling.
Criterion 3: Bring that casket o' rum ta fill me black jack!

Train a Jolly Pokemon
(+ Speed / - Sp.Atk).

Showcase Pokemon

• empoleon.png

Fortiter (Level 88)
    Owner: Narnia
    Surf / Ice Beam / Flash Cannon / Waterfall​

• 141.gif

Choki (Kabutops) ♂ (Lv.100)
    OT: Ninja (Black)
    Owner: Zebz213
    Adamant - Weak Armor
    31/31/31/31/31/31 - 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
    Rapid Spin - Stone Edge - Aqua Jet - Swords Dance​

• 503.gif

Kenji (Level 81)
    Owner: kirou12​

Pokemon in-training

• Narnia
    581.png
  • AlexOzzyCake
    461.png
  • Pacifist
    342.png
  • mucus
    073.png

Sprint Topics

The pirate's stash!

The Lucky Egg or Exp. Share for faster training, Macho Brace or power items for faster EV training, and maybe other items you keep in your treasure chest that aid you in training your Pokemon. What are the items you prefer and how do you use them?

Last edited:

Zebz213

Travelling Insomniac
Years
Goal: Training a Kabutops which will be the piratiest (Is that even a word?) Kabutops on the seven seas!
Details: It will be a stealthy and jolly pick pocketing Kabutops which will send shivers down your spine!

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen May 23, 2023

Overview:

395.gif

Fortiter
Level 88

(brave nature)

- Surf
- Ice Beam
- Flash Cannon
- Waterfall

If we're going to show off a couple of Pokemon, I'll get it started. How much more special can you get than your original starter? Anyway it's not Blastoise from Red/Blue. It's none other than Empoleon. Unlike half of you folks, I started with the fourth generation about when I was eight. My first starter was Infernape but being inexperienced and not knowing what to do, I restarted several times. The first time I actually completed a playthrough was with a level 88 Empoleon. It was my first highest-leveled Pokemon before Houndoom and it was one of my all-time favourites.

While it's not the most RNGed, has perfect stats, or IVs, who cares? I don't treat Pokemon with perfectionism. As cheesy as it might sound I just like how my Pokemon are. That's what makes them unique. My Empoleon began as a Piplup while we were flying in an aeroplane and finished off as one of the most monstrous machines I had ever trained. I spent hours and hours even EV training it despite not wanting to get involved with wifi-battles. I just wanted to make my Empoleon the very best like no other had ever been. And what made it the most special was that it was mine.

It's been through a lot with me. When times got rough, I hid under my covers at night and played Pokemon Platinum. It helped me single-handedly take down Cynthia's Garchomp after numerous tries. It was a fighter and I'll never forget what it did. It's probably the reason I enjoyed Platinum the most, I would always look forward to using it in battle and it was my second favourite. While I didn't have high expectations from the beginning as a bubble-blowing penguin didn't seem overly impressive, it proved me wrong. Its gotten me out of some really tough situations. I guess while I'm at it I should explain the concept behind the nickname.

Fortiter wasn't what it really was called. Its first nickname was iCanFly. Being eight, I thought that was a pretty darn cool name. While penguins couldn't fly I thought it was an amusing name and proved that it would never give up. However if I had the chance to rename it today, I would call it Fortiter. It isn't just some random name that sounds cool. Fortiter is my school's motto but also means 'brave or bravely' in Latin. I feel like this represents my Empoleon perfectly. It's nature was brave, it could survive some of the hardest hits in the game and while I found the game tough at times, it would charge on and get me through. I know it sounds insane to write this much about a Pokemon but I considered it my first Pokemon ever. And considering that I've even started competitive, you can tell I'm not dropping from this series any time soon. It just so happened that it fit the criteria. Thanks Empoleon, you're darn amazing.

tl;dr: empoleons are amazing

Now that's over I suppose I'd like to train another water-type.

Goal: Train a
581.png
in B2 and give an overview on it.

Details: Basically what the above implies. I trained a Ducklett in White but never finished. Since I just finished Black 2, I might pick a Swanna up for my team and see how it goes. It strikes me as an elegant Pokemon, so I hope its a good fighter as well. Anyway I'll give an update whenever I start on that.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
I'm going to be taking the '... And One For All' challenge and shall train my Weaville to level 100, the ultimate thief that's perfect to be a pirate. I've taught him Thief and he's level 49 now so quite a way to go yet, but I'll beat the league a few times to train him. He was on my last B2 team so I'll keep working on him and make him the best that he can be.

Goal: The league's greatest... and one for all!
Details: I'll train Hook the Weavile to level 100 by defeating the league (over and over and over and over... yay!) in B2.

I'll take a look at the 'all for one' challenge after completing this but hopefully I'll be able to pull off all three. :D

kirou12

Trainer?
Years
Goal: Make my Kenji (Samurott) the strongest of all!!!
Details: I will Focus Training (well it is my training regiment where I train a single Pokemon by challenging trainers across the map) Kenji and then try to challenge the E4(B2) only using him. (I done this on the recent games I hope this will work out)

Zebz213

Travelling Insomniac
Years
UPDATE!
I finished training my piratey (still not a real word) Kabutops!

141.gif

Choki (Kabutops) ♂ (Lv.100)
OT: Ninja (Black)
Adamant - Weak Armor
31/31/31/31/31/31 - 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Rapid Spin - Stone Edge - Aqua Jet - Swords Dance​

Pacifist

Its a Destiny
Years
  • Seen May 25, 2014
So yeah first a have a really big updated about my Black 2 playthrough, I defeated Elesa Clay and went through the chargestone cave, where i caught a new team member
Team Update:
Spoiler:

I want to finish the game this week and then i will start working on my goal for the sprint
Goal: Train a normal Corphish and turn it into the most powerful DDance Crawdaunt ever!
Details: I want to Breed for IVs/Moves, EV train and level him up to level 100 because Crawdaunt is the perfect pokémon for this theme!

Last edited:

Miau

If I fits...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 31, 2022
Okay, Sprint post is updated, woo!

Dylan, Kabutops definitely fits the bill as one fierce pirate, he's kinda creepy looking. I'm guessing he was RNGed, so that must have taken a while, but man, already level 100? From 25, I think that's the level fossils are revived at? What was your training strategy?

Sophie, Empoleon is indeed an amazing Pokemon, and so is seeing someone cherish a Pokemon like that. I never played Pokemon as a child, so I think having childhood memories of your (virtual) adventures and holding on to them is pretty amazing. Also, good luck on that Swanna! I had one on my B2 team, they're a bit fragile, but really cool in rain, with Hurricane and Surf. Add an Ice Beam, and there's your Dragon slayer, hehe.

Ozzy, for an added challenge, may I suggest taking on the Black Tower with Hook? Pokemon levels there range from 50 to 80, and I think you can have rematches with the boss, though I'm not sure, so you should check this. It would be a good idea to bring backup too, 'cause you can't use items, and there's only one heal per area. I think it'd prove to be a bit more fun that battling the E4 over and over again.

Good luck with your Kenji, Kirou, I'm sure he'll do great against the E4! What level is he at right now?

Pacifist, Elesa and Clay were the ones I had the most issues with in my White playthough, I actually lost twice (I think) to Elesa until I got Palpitoad, so good job! I admit that I first thought of Crawdaunt and Sharpedo when I devised the Trainer Project, but I wanted to leave a bit of leeway for people to chose any Pokemon they see fit, while still having some restrictions, so instead of having all three criteria into one, I decided to let people chose which ones to use.

Zebz213

Travelling Insomniac
Years
Choki was actually bred from a dream world female Kabutops I found in a creepy trade shop so it took even longer to get him to level 100. RNGing has been getting easier for me since I've been RNGing so much these days so it didn't take long to do that. As for getting to level 100, my strategy is to train at the Battle House in Opelucid by using the pokemon I'm training with a lucky egg first and then switching to my super overpowered Arceus till I win. I do that till I get into a level where I can sweep everything in the game and then I just go to the Victory Road and go on a killing spree (yes I don't have a soul). EV training has been really easy lately since I switched to that EV counter you recommended (thanks for that btw :D)

kirou12

Trainer?
Years
UPDATE

Kenji (Samurott)
Male
Lvl: 60

Now I am on the road to E4 but I think I will still grind some more levels, My goal is to level up him into lvl 75 - 80 before challenging the E4.

Name

Moémon Master
Years
Current team:
Gardevoir
Chandelure
Shibirudon
Salamence
Gigalith
Samurott

Current objective: collect 8th gym badge, find dna splicer.

I am under leveled compared to this gym, but with my type advantages i'm pretty sure i can take it on.

Miau

If I fits...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 31, 2022
Seems like the Victory Road is a popular spot for training, makes sense, since it does have the highest leveled Pokemon in the game. Since I've only taken the PWT challenges lately, I've only needed to train my Pokemon to learn a certain move, if that, but when I'll finally go for that E4 rematch, I might also grind there.

kirou12

Trainer?
Years
Seems like the Victory Road is a popular spot for training, makes sense, since it does have the highest leveled Pokemon in the game. Since I've only taken the PWT challenges lately, I've only needed to train my Pokemon to learn a certain move, if that, but when I'll finally go for that E4 rematch, I might also grind there.

Thanks for that I think I will train Kenji there, but still road to E4 is still a long way for me because I just finished the 8TH Gym Challenge and still halfway to the Team Plasma quest... so I think I will focus in finishing the quest than training... and I think that it is overkill that my Pokemon team are all level
55 - 60.
My current Team
Kenji (Samurott) Lvl: 60
Tekken (Lucario) Lvl:58
Blitz (Ampharos) Lvl: 57
Exia (Excadrill) Lvl: 55
Retsu (Haxorus) Lvl: 60

and for the sixth spot, I don't know who to choose if:
Blaze (Arcanine) Lvl:48 or Flygon Lvl:53 or Altaria Lvl:55 or Venomancer (Drapion) Lvl: 55 or Mienshao Lvl: 53

what do you think guys?

Name

Moémon Master
Years
I've fallen in love with the PWT!
It's sooooo awesome when I get to use someone else's pokemon . . .
but i feel bad for my own, because I am GONNA knock it out :(

Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen May 23, 2023
Thanks for that I think I will train Kenji there, but still road to E4 is still a long way for me because I just finished the 8TH Gym Challenge and still halfway to the Team Plasma quest... so I think I will focus in finishing the quest than training... and I think that it is overkill that my Pokemon team are all level
55 - 60.
My current Team
Kenji (Samurott) Lvl: 60
Tekken (Lucario) Lvl:58
Blitz (Ampharos) Lvl: 57
Exia (Excadrill) Lvl: 55
Retsu (Haxorus) Lvl: 60

and for the sixth spot, I don't know who to choose if:
Blaze (Arcanine) Lvl:48 or Flygon Lvl:53 or Altaria Lvl:55 or Venomancer (Drapion) Lvl: 55 or Mienshao Lvl: 53

what do you think guys?

... do you really need to know what I think on this? For anybody that knows me even a tiny bit, you'll definitely know what I'm going to say. Drapion? Pft you wish. Despite this being quite an unbiased... (*coughing in the background*) decision, I still think Arcanine is a solid teammate and performs well on any team. Fire-types are always one of my first priorities and they serve very useful roles. Arcanine does especially well at being one of the hardest hitters in the game and I'd definitely reccomend it. However if a fire-type doesn't tickle your fancy, then Flygon isn't half of a bad choice either.

I've used one in Emerald and it has saved my skin so many times. It single-handedly ripped through Tate and Liza and it only keeps getting better. With access to moves that would leave space goats running away in terror, Flygon can truly be the world's next terrifying monster. It's not too hard to train either- in fact, it's almost as easy as snapping your fingers or counting to three. With the addition of Lucky Egg in Gen V, Flygon will turn into an overpowered monster if you play with it right. Drapion.. I've never seen anything too spectacular from. It has a good typing but I don't really like playing around with it. Mienshao is insanely powerful but I prefer the first two. It all comes down to you though. Hope this helped. :)

xMikasax

Your Worst Nightmare
Years
Sorry I didn't post for a while I was too busy with school anyway having too hard time in battling Winona I might just give up but I always think of my motto "try and try until you succeed" so wish me luck :)

Back