• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Melanite Version

Status
Not open for further replies.

niallmuz

King Of Water Pokemon
Years
  • Seen Jun 21, 2016
Why would you want it to be a hack?
This way the developer can add more features and you won't need an emulator.

oh yeah fair enough :) ive only ever played emulation game so i didnt really know

UnderMybrella

Wandering Programmer
Years
One advantage of hacks thou is Macs can play them no probs..... Lucky I got windows installed too :D

Anyway, really nice game, am looking forward to it! Any idea when there is gonna be a release? Cause this game looks reeeeeally nice.

Rayd12smitty

Shadow Maker
Years
  • Seen Feb 21, 2016
One advantage of hacks thou is Macs can play them no probs..... Lucky I got windows installed too :D

Anyway, really nice game, am looking forward to it! Any idea when there is gonna be a release? Cause this game looks reeeeeally nice.

I run mac too, so I get it. I run windows in Parallels. Best invention ever! Thanks for the comments though. I hope, if everything advances well, to have a demo by the end of the year.

UnderMybrella

Wandering Programmer
Years
I run mac too, so I get it. I run windows in Parallels. Best invention ever! Thanks for the comments though. I hope, if everything advances well, to have a demo by the end of the year.

Haha, nice. Couldn't afford it and noticed that there was a XP disc lying around and a Vista Upgrade so Bootcamp it was. And I think you're going pretty well so far. GUI's are looking really slick, just the thing that I want in a game. Really nice storyline as well.

Years
  • Seen Sep 8, 2012
I was actually just looking on the wiki on how to do that. Thank you

EDITEDITEDITEDIT

I just changed it. You gave the wrong lines BTW, but I caught it in time. thanks though here is the new picture

Screen%20Shot%202012-06-24%20at%2010.31.16%20PM.png

Wait how do you do that??? I want to change mine to white too but i dont know how to...

Rayd12smitty

Shadow Maker
Years
  • Seen Feb 21, 2016
Wait how do you do that??? I want to change mine to white too but i dont know how to...

Open up your script editor and go to PokeBattle_ActualScene. Scroll down to line 1247, and 1248. Edit those two lines to change the color of the text so it blends in better with your HP box. THose are the wrong lines, but they are right around there. you can figure it out

Rayd12smitty

Shadow Maker
Years
  • Seen Feb 21, 2016
Its been a while, but I have a bit of an update for everyone who cares. (If anyone Haha) anyway Both of the main character sprites are finished. I will update the main thread with them for all to see. I have decided to remake a few maps, and now I have some new auto tiles to use, credit to Rayquaza. Map making has been put on a bit of a pause, and may stay like that for a while, as I go back and fix up all the maps. I am in the middle of installing a following pokemon script, which is going better than I expected. The big update here, is that I have finished putting together a full story board. I will not be sharing it, as it would ruin the game's story, but it is done. I also have found someone who is helping make music for Pokemon Melanite, and I have gotten a spriter for character sprites. Keep checking for more updates! I hope to show more maps soon.

UnderMybrella

Wandering Programmer
Years
Woop! I love updates! :D. Also, would you be able to share the Following script? I may need it later in the development of my game....

Rayd12smitty

Shadow Maker
Years
  • Seen Feb 21, 2016
The script isn't mine. It was help-14s and zingzags has updated it. You can find it in the tutorials and resources page, called fixes and additions to help 14s following Pokemon script. Thank you though. I'll have more soon

Rayquaza.

Lead Dev in Pokémon Order and Chaos
Years
I found it impossible to integrate Help-14's Pokemon Following script into Emerald Legend, if you could tell me how you have done it that would be great.
I would love to see some new screenshots of this game.

Rayd12smitty

Shadow Maker
Years
  • Seen Feb 21, 2016
I found it impossible to integrate Help-14's Pokemon Following script into Emerald Legend, if you could tell me how you have done it that would be great.
I would love to see some new screenshots of this game.

I am having the same problem as well. I have tried multiple times, and either not found where a script goes, or gotten various errors. If I get it to work, I will definitely share. I will have new screenshots up in about three days

Rayd12smitty

Shadow Maker
Years
  • Seen Feb 21, 2016
Update!

Ok everyone. I am sorry to say that I don't have any new screenshots this update. I know people were expecting them, but I am sorry, there was no time. All I have to share with you now, is a nice little video showing the AMAZING NEW FOLLOWING POKEMON SCRIPT which i finally got working. Thats right. Following Pokemon is working 100% now, and it is sure to make Melanite 100 times better. Check this video to see it working. This is not actual gameplay, just an example to show the script working
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BONLYM8dtdY

Years
  • Seen Sep 28, 2023
I loved the screenshot with Spineraks and Ariados.Very nice graphics, great job!

Years
  • Seen Sep 4, 2016
This looks like a really good game can't wait to play it, this may be my favorite game creation( don't know what to properly call it).

Rayd12smitty

Shadow Maker
Years
  • Seen Feb 21, 2016
A bit of an update. I promised screenshots and here they are.

HrR2Z.png

This shows the lab, and picking a starter screen. They will sit in poke balls on the table, until Oak asks you to take one. At that point they pop out so you can see them.

XvqmP.png

Me talking to my Weavile, who doesn't seem to like me very much yet:)

pI6fv.png

A sneak peak of the first gym. (I know the person in the lower corner is on the tree. That has been fixed) Joey is the gym leader. All of the gyms in Pokemon Melanite will have a battle field, where the gym battle takes place. They will also have wild pokemon inside, that are uncatchable

I am still working on remaking all the maps, and making more. I hope to have more screenshots soonish

Ramond Hikari

- Lonely Shooting Star -
Years
Nice job, I really like the story as well as the plot :D

But you should reaaly check out the hero's overworld back sprite. I think there is something wrong with the green part. It is way too big, despite the fact that it looks way smaller in the left/right direction sprite, like my attachment (sr because I can't post URLs)

And I suggest you should make a new sprite for the Normal Gym Leader :D

I know this is not a topic to ask, but how could you fix the PokemonFollowing error? When the Pokemon says "...hates travelling with...", an error pops. So could you show me the following script which you put in? Btw what did you put in common event TalkToPokemon?

Attachments

• error.png
    error.png
    8.3 KB · Views: 124

Rayd12smitty

Shadow Maker
Years
  • Seen Feb 21, 2016
Nice job, I really like the story as well as the plot :D

But you should reaaly check out the hero's overworld back sprite. I think there is something wrong with the green part. It is way too big, despite the fact that it looks way smaller in the left/right direction sprite, like my attachment (sr because I can't post URLs)

And I suggest you should make a new sprite for the Normal Gym Leader :D

I know this is not a topic to ask, but how could you fix the PokemonFollowing error? When the Pokemon says "...hates travelling with...", an error pops. So could you show me the following script which you put in? Btw what did you put in common event TalkToPokemon?

Lots of things. Ok. First of all. The sprite i am using is still temporary.It is the sprite from one of the battle towers in platinum I think. It will change. The sprite for Joey will not change. The gym leader is Joey, so the game should use his sprite. I can PM you with the following pokemon issue. I am happy to help, but PM me. Not here. If you want help, feel free to PM me

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back