• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pocket||MONSTERS: Destiny Rises [Registration+Discussion Thread]

PsychoJigglypuff

Crazy and Loving It!
Years
I know both of you are working on your SU so I feel bad about doing this, but I just finished mine last night... Let's just see if it's up to par.

Name: Angie Baines
Pokedex Color: Red

Description: The first thing you notice about Angie is her height. She towers above many people at six foot exactly, which she fully takes advantage of to intimidate them. The second noticeable factor is her hair. She is a full on ginger, so her hair is naturally a bright red. It's cut short in the back, but longer in the front. Her eyes are emerald green, and she typically has a smug grin on her face. Her whole body is plastered with freckles. She doesn't have a lot of meat to her, lacking both fat and muscle tone. She's just sensitive skin and big bones.

Angie is anything but a fashionista, so her wardrobe is pretty simple. Her typical attire is a T-Shirt, usually of a rock band, blue jeans and sneakers. It rarely strays far from this, only on occasions where she needs to be formal. Even then, she never gets fancy with it. She couldn't care less about her looks, and putting so much effort into looking "pretty" was just a waste of time. Her only accessories are a green headband that pulls her bangs out of her face, a silver stud in each ear, and black wristwatch.

Personality: Angie is, quite frankly, a brat. She never ceases to insult and make fun of others. She hates teamwork, and is purposefully uncooperative when she is in a group. Because of this, people don't like her, and she doesn't mind at all. As long as she's having a good time, who cares what other people think of her? She doesn't make friends often. In fact, she hasn't made a single friend for quite a long time. There are few who can stand her, and even they get annoyed by her antics.

She does have some positive qualities to her. She has a strong will power, and though she is stubborn, she channels that into accomplishing her goals. If she's forced to do something, she wouldn't even think of doing it. However, if she's doing something because she wants to, there is not stopping her from doing it. Also, her constant sass keeps her happy. She is rarely upset. The worst she gets is annoyed, which happens when she's bored. As long as boredom doesn't roll around, she's a pretty happy camper.

Contrasting from her poor relations with humans, she gets along surprisingly well with Pokemon. She thinks of them more as equals than she does her peers. Whenever she's alone with Pokemon, she feels calmer and kinder. If one saw her, they would believe she was a different person. She is especially fond of Dark-type Pokemon, and her goal for the future is to specialize in them.

History: Angie grew up in Pyrite Town, a tough place to be for a young kid. As a child, she was very different than she is currently. Instead of being loud and snarky, she was a quiet and reserved girl. She was perfectly nice, but her timid nature kept her from making friends. In fact, she was often teased for various reasons. Sometimes it was her appearance, sometimes it was her attitude. It was all in good fun, but then everyone started to join in. Eventually, it escalated, and she became the bullied kid.

It was a difficult time for her. Her parents tried to comfort her, saying it was going to be alright. It didn't matter what those kids said about her. She just had to ignore it, and eventually they would get bored and move on. So, she tried to follow their advice. She distanced herself even more from the other kids, in hopes that they would leave her alone. Of course, that didn't help at all. The bullying still continued. She began to resent her parents, because even though they tried, they didn't help her at all. Her only comfort was her pet Poochyena. He was the only one she could connect with.

One day, she snapped. She flew at the main bully with a wild rage and began beating him up. He was taken completely by surprise. Who knew the quiet, skinny girl would be so vicious? When he was down, she began verbally abusing him as well. It was payback for all she had suffered before. Eventually, the other kids started to join in as well. For the first time, Angie felt empowered. She wasn't just a punching bag; she could cause the same pain. People started to treat her better, too. She was tough, and they respected her. Soon, the victim became the bully.

Her parents were very concerned. They were shocked at what their innocent daughter had become. Deciding that a change of scenery should fix her up, they moved all the way to Kanto to stay with relatives. Surely in a quiet and peaceful place like Viridian City, she would return to normal. However, she didn't change back. She stayed the same as she did in Pyrite, but unlike with the thugs and rouges of Pyrite Town, she didn't fit in with the folk here. Even with her newly found confidence, people still wouldn't befriend her. She was a delinquent.

Angie hated the local school, where people would give her dirty looks, and the classes were utterly dull. She would much rather learn about Pokemon, and become a great trainer whom everyone would respect. In fact, the prestigious Pallet Academy was nearby. A spot at that school would take her places. She would be worth something. Of course, a school like that wouldn't just accept a delinquent like her. She had to prove herself worthy.

It was a long and arduous process. She forced herself to do the dull class work. She tried her hardest not to cause trouble. She was still plenty unsociable, but she didn't do anything that would get on her permanent record. Anything it took to make a good impression on herself on the school. There were always temptations to skip all of the dumb homework or to start something really nasty, but she just grit her teeth and bore if for as long as she could.

By some miracle, the school accepted her. She passed the entrance exam, and there was nothing major on her record that could keep her from entering. Her parents were proud of her, and they gladly saw her off, believing she had changed for the better. She still behaved like a ruffian, even at the school, but she was contained enough to keep her from getting suspended. She still lacked friends, but she was way more concerned with climbing up to the top of the ranks. Because of her hard work, she managed to barely make the cut.

Theme: I Don't Have To Try – Avril Lavigne (I don't have access to Youtube right now...)

Example Role-Play:

Spoiler:

[starter]

Pokemon: Eevee
Nickname: Dante

Personality: Dante is very affectionate and loving. It doesn't matter who you are, Dante probably thinks you're swell. He loves hugs and belly rubs, and will gladly accept them from anyone. He has a happy-go-lucky attitude, but is rather naïve. He's pretty bad at sensing a person's character, as well the atmosphere of the situation. Angie is very fond of him, and will gladly smother him with affection, but only when no one else is around.

Unique Traits: He has a darker patch of fur around his left eye.

Years
@Kiklion: Theme songs are really something I enjoy listening to when I read sign ups, not to mention its something that can help me better understand your characters better. So yeah, they're required :p

PsychoJigglypuff: First impression from reading the first couple of lines: BRAVE. LOL its not a bad thing, don't worry just reminds me of the Brave girl cuhs of the hair and freckles. :D There are some quilities that she shares with my character, both are six feet, both have green eyes, and both have attitude. I sense a rivalry the likes of which no Pokemon roleplay has seen before. Pyrite Town? No wonder. haha. Black&White 2 reference, i see what you did there :D So these were pretty much my thoughts as I read through it, but to sum it all up. I really enjoyed your character, I seriously cannot wait to see the nuclear explosion that will ensue once Riku and Angie blow up on each other. Accepted!

Kikpanther

Not a beginner that's for sure
Years
Name: Justine Granger
Academy: Pallet
Pokedex Color: Aquatic Blue

Description: For a girl, Justine can be considered tall. At about 5'7", Justine is lean from her sports work and her general principle to exercise. Her skin light and smooth, though she has a very slight tan from being out in the sun. Justine makes an effort to make herself look good. Applying makeup and making sure her hair is tip top. Justine is particularly fond of shorts, though she tends to get the ones that don't quite reach the fingertip mark. Justine's favorite footwear is sandals and let it be known that she wears these sandals frequently. She doesn't like wearing sneakers unless she has to and other shoes just aren't as cute. She is especially fond of deep or summer colors for her upper wear and more frequently wears blouse or button-up shirts.. Her hair is long, reaching down to the beginning of her back and is made in a curly fashion. She also has a sprinkle of freckles on each cheek and on her arms.

For accessories, her favorite would have to be bracelets. She enjoys them the most, especially those memory bracelets or ones with beats and pretty colors in general. On her right wrist she wears a green beaded bracelet and on her left, one pink and one purple. These bracelets may not always be present as she likes to match with her outfits, but they are definitely the default. She doesn't often put anything in her hair except for a headband and has light pink polish on all nails.

Personality: Justine, at her core, is an energetic lady. Not so much meaning that she always wants to have fun twenty-four seven, but in saying that she always have the look and air of someone who can just keep going. She won't hit you like a train with pep but she won't be for a sit-around-and-slob fest. Justine just wants others to have some sort of purpose in their life, she supposes. All that sitting around all day or negative put up was just a waste of energy. If they just laid back and made an effort to have a good time then life would be so much easier. Of course, there are lost causes, but Justine isn't a quitter! She is actually very driven. When Justine has a goal she isn't very easy to push off of it. She isn't much of a short-term kind of girl, more of a "big picture" one. Goals that are easily done don't interest her as much as the ones that take time to do. Maybe it's because she likes molding or maybe it's the journey. She's never figured it out by herself but she's sure that it's somewhere between the two. Her biggest goal right now is to become a great trainer and beat the league. Hey, they didn't make the Academy for no reason, but she wanted to be one of the firsts, the most impressive wave. To do so she needs a good team and training is a must have. She does it regularly, always looking for ways to improve it or make it more fun or just simply make a session when there's free time. She does her best to make training seem like less of a chore for herself and her Pokemon. While Justine so far seems to be all smiles and niceness, she can have a mean streak about her. This is specifically towards certain Pokemon. She loves Pokemon, just like every trainer and human being to touch the Earth, but she also had her preferences too. She wasn't exactly as loving to the Pokemon she considered to be "ugly" and she wasn't exactly fond of most bug-types. That doesn't mean she'll push them away. No, if it's a Pokemon that will help her team achieve victory and fulfill her goal then, yes, she will take it. However Justine seems to be harder on these Pokemon than her cuter or cooler looking ones and neither does she seem to notice this change in method. She doesn't want to over work her Pokemon and never does... Unless they're in this category.

On a bad day Justine can get extremely discouraged and needs a little push to start her up again. At times she can say "It's not problem," and make herself rise, but at the first touch of frustration things seem to crumble again. Justine always tries to look on the bright side at these times, that always helps, but usually it isn't quite enough. She plans to work on her discouragement problem, but after she wins champion.

History: If you asked Justine about her life she would tell you that it was good, great, and just fine. Justine isn't an oppressed child and neither is she an exalted one. Her family supports her and makes sure that she is active in her school, community, or generally at all. As a child her mother entered her in beauty pageants. She won one gold, two silvers, and was placed close to bronze other times. When she was too old for pageants she was in school plays or at the community children's center. When she was too old for those and her preferences changed she played soccer and made time for friend and family time. Her grades are good, though math is a bit of a struggle. It was her luck that the Pallet Academy didn't focus on arithmetic as much. Every summer Justine and her family would go on a vacation to a lake-side home for a week or three (depending on their schedules) and participated in Granger family competitions. Her father works while he mother stays at home and when Justine has free time she usually has to help around the house. In her seventeen years, nothing major that would interest the world has happened. To Justine her accomplishments or most memorable days out with friends are the most major things, but she has so many of those that it could never be recounted.

Theme: Emerson, Lake, & Palmer-Fanfare for the Common Man

Example Role-Play:
Spoiler:

[starter]

Pokemon: Squirtle
Nickname: None yet

Personality: Squirtle is a friendly, naive, and impressionable Pokemon. To him, everyone is his friend and everything is of the highest amounts of fascinating and fun. New things he examines as if they are profound and simple objects he makes games out of. He always tries to make friends with new people or Pokemon, assuming that they're just as nice as he is. He also takes actions and commands to heart. He watches others closely and soon will begin to imitate them. When he's met with a scolding or something he perceives as negative he can become very shy and very sad quickly and easily. Bad experiences can cause him to become shy with things associated with it and a steady amount of good things can make him excited. Squirtle loves to be around others and hates being alone or more than three feet off from a group.

Unique Traits: He has a green band on his right wrist made especially for him.

SU, finished! I hope everything is acceptable.

Years
@Kiklion: Hallelujah! Another female character! :D I can already tell her personality will clash with some of the already accepted characters, just what we need. More conflict! :D She'll annoy the crap out of Riku though, and her history kind of surprised me. It's actually refreshing to see someone with a normal history kind of, i'm used to seeing some kind of opressed childhood or a life changing accident or something. It's not long at all, but hell, it get the job done! (: But probably the best part of this, the part I really super duper enjoyed reading was your rp sample. It was really good, made me even laugh a couple times! "time to stalk" LOL :D It's funny cause facebook stalking is real, we all do it. :D right? :x hahaha. But overall, great character. This new female character also means, romantic time fun!! :D romance is always awesome. But yeah, anyways! Accepted!

Ba-ding! Attention all applying trainers, there are no more available starters. We thank you for your patience and cooperation, and to those lucky few who received a starter, congratulations! Everyone else, get out! That's right everyone, five trainers have been chosen which means all five starters have been given out. Here are the final results:

1. Riku Kimura, chose the starter Charmander
played by Charizard_Man

2. Justine Granger, chose the starter Squirtle
played by Kiklion

3. Fred Sone, chose the starter Bulbasaur
played by Red's Hawt Chibi Pelippers

4. Cody Willingham, chose the starter Pikachu
played by Raikiri

5. Angie Baines, chose the starter Eevee
played by PsychoJigglypuff

This is also the order of our trainer's rankings for their Pokemon Trainer Aptitude Test scores! Why does my character get top rank? Cause I CAN, that's why! Muahaha >:D Lolol no no just kidding folks, there's no order here. But if you choose to use this as the order, go right ahead ;D haha. It won't make a difference in the roleplay anyways, I'll get to the first chapter sometime today. If all goes according to plan, the first chapter should be up by tonight! So everyone can now freely discuss stuff because this is now officially the Disccusion Thread! Yaaaay~ High fives all around. :D

Kikpanther

Years
Woo! :D IC thread is up!

I really like how it looks, and I really like how the chapters are set up. It gives you a little story-setting and the does and don'ts. Simple, to the point, and with very little confusion. Just what I like.

I'm guessing now that it's up we can freely post? I'm interested to see what these new guys do. Not what they're going to do now, I expect they'll kidnap Oak, but what they do in general. I expected them to be like a slightly altered Team Rocket like in most RPs, but these guys have their own little flare. They kind of remind me of much more creepier bank robbers. You know the ones that wear the similar masks and knock over bank trucks. Unless their masks are much, much, much scarier and resemble the ones from Strangers. e.e *shudders*

Maybe they'll kill someone. Who knows! Looking forward to it, though. ;D

Years
Oh thanks! :D Yeah, I really like the way it came out too. Glad to see you appreciate it!! ^____^b Yeah go ahead and post, oh wait, you did. Ima read it!! :D and good guesses there! (: Will they kidnap him? we'll just have to wait and see! OoooOOoooOooo :O I like how enthusiastic you are, makes me smile! :D

Kikpanther

Years
I'm sure they will. I mean... Why else would you have an Abra? XD

And I hope my post checks out, I wasn't sure how the office/lab thing would work out so I kind of fudged it a little. I know there's a lot of unnecessary parts, but I like character development stuff. X) Wanted to add something with Mia but I decided to save it for later.

Years
To cuddle it? Duhhhh. ;D

Don't worry, character development is a necessity. At least in my opinion, loved your post! (: Buutt are there real life dogs in the Pokemon world? :O I was thinking of giving Riku a pet dog, but at the last second it clicked in my mind that he should have a pet Growlithe instead cause its the Pokemon world. I dunno, just a thought. Oh and I love how Justine's a little intimidated by Riku. Just wait until he stands up and literally looks down at her :p He'll most likely be annoyed, buuuuut who knows. Something might click in his head to make him see her differently. I dunno (:

Last edited:

Kikpanther

Years
Yes, there are actually! I never noticed it before I read this.

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Animals_in_the_Pokémon_world

It makes sense that there would be. Humans couldn't stand up to Pokemon enough to try and use them as a primary food source. X)

Maybe! I kind of have the start-of-the-RP jitters right now, so I'm completely impatient with the fact that no one else has posted. Why must people have lives? :(

Years
Haha i know what you mean, same here, it seems whenever i have free time no one else does. Of course, that's not the case I'm just being crazy with excitement right now haha. BTW, i hope you and everyone else notice the chapter has a theme song. Just click the chapter's name, and viola! It's not really that important, buuut i really spent some time finding a song haha.

Okay, just read that wikipedia article. You just blew my frikin mind

Kikpanther

Years
Yeah. Kind of makes you wish everyone was on the same timezone.

And I saw the theme, but I didn't listen to it because I can't read and listen to music at the same time. X) I forgot to turn it back on so I'll go back and listen to it now. I saw it was from Spirited Away. That movie was great.

And yes, the article gave me a similar affect.

Years
Oh! Just so everyone knows, once the two remaining trainers finish their first posts Part B of the first chapter will be posted up. I was debating whether to just add it to my first post, but I kind of wanted it to be a surprise. What do you guys think? Should I keep Part B a secret in the future chapters? Or just post it all up in one post? I really value your opinions (:

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jan 2, 2024
Whether or not animals are part of the world in a RP is up to each GM to decide, I think. I normally have it so that animals are non-existant and people actually eat pokémon :p or even better, let's just not think about it haha.

I'll post soon. I'm not the most rapid poster these days xD

Kikpanther

Years
I think Part B should be kept a secret, unless Part A by itself gives too little to post to. Or unless Part B isn't something that would have a big mood/setting/event change. Then add it into Part A.

But really, it's up to you on how you want to order these.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jan 2, 2024
Let part B be secret, btw. I think it will be more fun :3 Or like Kiklion says, perhaps.

Back