• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

RSE Remake Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Altius

Flygon Fan
Years
That guy is full of....I mean really...the development team is all Japanese...why would they have a UK account? Digital type? Really now?

I'd rather RS remakes over that crud. Space Colony? lol
A light type would make much more sense than a digital type. Lol.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
Lol it was a good read though.
I'm guessing they're new games though considering the past remakes irc haven't had this level of publicity. Also the new year card combined with the relatively early announcement add up to new generation...if it doesn't turn out to be new game (main or even otherwise)than gf has gone up in trolling level.

Years
That would be rather interesting... But we already get those "Trinity" games through a release of a Third Version a year or two after a Generation begins.

The exception was for Gen 5 in which we got Sequels. Which is very possible for Future Generations.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
Love how that guy got told about Junichi Masuda saying they'd rather keep Sprites over 3D models and he got defensive. I thought most of the fans have heard that. That and the "We don't want to make home system games" part since they were in the same interview.

I'm standing by the "Its a TPC Announcement so it isn't major" until the announcement airs. If it were a new main game, Gamefreak would announce it, not TPC. Gamefreak was always the ones to announce the games before, that and added that its an international announcement which hasn't been done before.

I do see some new marketing thing coming out, like maybe a new battrio that finally releases world wide or something to do with the TCG, but I can't bring myself to believe that this is a game announcement yet. Maybe after tomorrow's Smash update. If not, then I'll keep the nay say just to keep my hopes from being crushed.

SneakyEpicface11

PkMnMaster Ben
Years
Hoenn (and Kanto) are the only regions I haven't played through. I'd rather play through a remake of RSE instead of playing the actual game. I only know of like 30 of the Hoenn pocket monsters. I'd love for them to make a Pkmn Yellow remake, but they already created remakes of the original Kanto Pokemon games.

I rest my case. Now time to catch 30+ magikarps!

Meduza

Majestic Dawn
Years
  • Seen Jul 8, 2014
Got this from YellowGiant on Serebii when I asked if it was real:
13ym4ug.jpg

Altius

Flygon Fan
Years
Apparently Masuda has tweeted that Jan 6 will be all about the tournament.

So Jan 8 being anything tournament related is eliminated.

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen May 13, 2022
can anyone tell me what this'yellowgiant' said? i can't open the link and i'm really curious...

Years
can anyone tell me what this'yellowgiant' said? i can't open the link and i'm really curious...

That he worked on the 3d pro, gf needed 3d models so the 3d pro pokedex thing was kind a precursor to the new pokemon ( which is a loop hole because if i remember correctly the sprite art was gonna stay sprites for now)
That it was gonna take place a good ways from bw2. It was gonna re mechanic iv's and ev's to make them appeal to a greater audience.
It was gonna take place in a kind of space colony with a large city and other citys being unlocked by new gym badges and stuff like that...
Oh and it would be more free roam... ( to me is a great idea but nothing about his post sounds legit)
Oh let me not forget the digital type
Basef from eevees dna and can virtually evolve in any kind of way. So different players could have different evolution.
The digital type would be neutral and when it becomes dual typed it gains 4x effectiveness in weaknesses, resistences, and advantage

I mean he actually went in alot of well worded detail
But the biggest sign of falsehood to all of this period
Is gf ot nintendo have never had a leak on this scale..
Why would it happen now and why would it be this outlandish.
Imo its bullcrap

Master_Z

Pokemon Trainer
Years
  • Age 32
  • USA
  • Seen Mar 6, 2024
Me too, especially with their expansion comment which reminds me of the reboot comment about Generation V during that generation's time of announcement.
If they are 6th generation than I expect it to look something like this:

New duo Main games 2013
Frlg remakes early in 2014 for their 10th anniversity
late 2014 or early 2015 Hoenn remakes.
2015/6 Third game/ Sequels.

Anyways I hope I'm right about Hoenn remakes...

Firered/Leafgreen are remakes themselves; they're not getting another release besides 3DS Virtual Console. If you go by the pattern (and you could argue that BW2 skew away from this), then 2013 is the "dead" year, similar to 2008. Nintendo puts out a non-core Pokemon title to fill in the gap. Mystery Dungeon on 3DS does this. At the same time, the Wii U has no Pokemon titles and will need something to drive sales at the end of 2013 when the Xbox 720 and PS4 are released. I'm guessing it'll be a Pokemon Wii U RPG. An MMO would be incredible and is much needed, but even something similar to Colosseum/XD would suffice.

C Payne

Hoenn in 3D!
Years
  • Va
  • Seen Aug 23, 2014
Firered/Leafgreen are remakes themselves; they're not getting another release besides 3DS Virtual Console. If you go by the pattern (and you could argue that BW2 skew away from this), then 2013 is the "dead" year, similar to 2008. Nintendo puts out a non-core Pokemon title to fill in the gap. Mystery Dungeon on 3DS does this. At the same time, the Wii U has no Pokemon titles and will need something to drive sales at the end of 2013 when the Xbox 720 and PS4 are released. I'm guessing it'll be a Pokemon Wii U RPG. An MMO would be incredible and is much needed, but even something similar to Colosseum/XD would suffice.

The thing is, they admitted that there is no real pattern; we've only come to see it that way because of, well, how things have turned out.

I also find it hard to believe that Game Freak would have been the ones making the announcement of Pokemon evolving this year if they had no plans for a release this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back