• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Pokémon X & Y Music!

Favorite battle song?

• Total voters
Years
I have not heard all the music yet, I just now made it to the last town, however my current favorite is Laverre City, Yveltal battle music, and then the Emotion song. thought the emotions song you can only hear when you go into a certain house and talk to the guy who plays it. I also like the music from AZ when he is telling you the story in the HQ.

So far I am at -
1. Emotions
2. Yveltal Music
3. Laverre City
4. AZ History Song

WishCookie

ヽ(*・ω・)ノNo berries for you!
Years
I really like the Power Plant soundtrack myself. It reminds me of generation 4 or Gale Of Darkness.

Flushed

never eat raspberries
Years
  • Seen Nov 5, 2017
I like the Team Flare battle music, and I thought you were able to choose it at the Battle Maison, but I guess I was wrong.

TreeKangaroo

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Years
Lysandre's battle music. Soooo much better than Ghetsis and N's. Ghetsis was just drums. N's was overrated and not intense. Lysandre's was intense and made me think, "Oh **** this guy means business!" and did I forget to mention, HIS PLAN INVOLVED GENOCIDE.

Victory Road- It feels like you are in your last obstacle before the strongest trainers in the league. Which you are. All the overworld music is great though.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Nov 12, 2013
I like the music overall, but some of the music is odd... like, I'm not sure how to describe it, but it's not catchy.

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Dec 10, 2013
Route 16 theme xD I keep running around this route or listen that song from youtube :P

fenyx4

HOENN CONFIRMED!
Years
The snippets of the XY arrangement of the "Pokemon Main Theme" (mostly utilized in the promotional trailers for the Pokemon XY games, IIRC; some of it (or all of it?) can be heard belowhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ifg5dOtGKys) for Pokemon XY sound really nice from what I've heard, although I'm wondering how future generations will remix it because these "orchestrated" variants are beginning to sound the same. XD However, for all the versions I've heard so far (RBY, RSE, FR/LG, HG/SS, and snippets of the ones from DPPt, BW, and XY) have managed to each have a unique feel to them. {:3}

There was also an overworld theme (I think; not sure of its true identity, but it seems to be in-game) that played in a seemingly Day-Care-ish area or something, but it also sounded nice... It's the one that plays at the beginning of this video:

In the "Three New Mega-Evolved Pokemon Revealed!" official English trailer, I love the ominous theme that plays before 0:22; it sounds very suitable for a legendary encounter! I'm hoping that it's present in the game... As for the theme after 0:22...I'm going to reserve judgment until I hear the whole theme in-game; the guitars just seem very non-Pokemon-ish... That guitar-laden theme (which I'm guessing is in the game, too) is decent for now; it sounds a little reminiscent of "Go Go Power Rangers" near the end, so that's something...

Also, I didn't get a response in the "XY Quick Questions and Answers" thread (possibly because the users there really don't know the answer....? Or maybe some are too engrossed in running around Kalos or something :/), so hopefully I can repost this (if there's any theme that I would really like to know the identity of, it's the "Mega Charizard X trailer" theme!):

Does anyone know what (awesome) battle theme plays in this trailer of Mega Charizard X?

I've heard it in this video that has it playing during a multiplayer battle, so I know the music is from in-game within XY...

Thanks in advance!

*In the midst of my (unfortunate and brief) song-hunting/song-spoiling soiree (T_T), I heard the first few seconds of (if I'm recalling correctly) the Kalos Trainer battle theme, the Kalos wild Pokemon battle theme, and the Kalos "Mega Evolution battle" battle theme... Most of them sounded quite awesome and had potential; the only one that jarred me at first is the Kalos "Mega Evolution battle" battle theme... I think it uses guitars.... (which seem to be a trend just as prominent as the terrific trumpets of Hoenn) Again, I'm holding judgment on most of these (especially the last one) until I hear them in game.

AniRain

Goddess of Storms
Years
I happen to really like the music in Snowbelle City and Anistar City. I kinda like the Gym leader music too - it grew on me a little bit.

My favourite Evil team music still stands with Plasma though <3

Years
  • Age 16
  • Seen May 28, 2019
Lysandre's battle music. Soooo much better than Ghetsis and N's. Ghetsis was just drums. N's was overrated and not intense. Lysandre's was intense and made me think, "Oh **** this guy means business!" and did I forget to mention, HIS PLAN INVOLVED GENOCIDE.
I agree. It doesn't try too hard to be edgey or different, and ends up completely effective. A fitting music for a maniac, and tense enough to keep you hooked. Not to mention how well it goes with Mega Gyarados.

But my vote goes to Power Plant, Champion Theme and Coumarine City. I gotta give it to the Gym Leader theme for trying to go all F-Zero GX on itself, but it fell short in that regard unfortunately. Not as tense or heart bumping as any F-Zero GX song.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Nov 29, 2013
I love the remix they did in the fight with Mewtwo. Was nice, much nostalgia was had.

Redingard

The Rider Breeds Pokemon
Years
Best Soundtrack in Pokemon yet?

Did a quick scout of all the threads (albeit crappily) and saw nothing about the soundtrack of X or Y. If there is, cleanse this thread with fire. And moderators.

That being said, it has a LOT of great music. I didn't find a single track I couldn't hum to, and some others are really memorable. I loved the Gym Leader music, E4 music, the Anistar City music, among others. I haven't played all the Pokemon games, haven't touched Generation II yet, but it's really good. Thoughts?

Charcoal92

Banned
Years
Salatune City. Man that is what I needed a song to get hype for the first Gym. It is near the level of Goldenrod City (HG/SS) on my top 10 upbeat Poketunes.

Peter Quill

Star-Lord, Legendary Outlaw
Years
One of the themes that stuck to me this time is the Team Flare Battle Music.
It's so catchy and engaging.

The song around the credits is really good and heartwarming. It even has lyrics. That has to be one of my favorite songs in Pokemon ever :x

PkmnTrainerElio

♥ Jung Hoseok, Kim Namjoon and Park Jimin ♥
Years
Shalour City...

The music that plays in Shalour City sounds Japanese, but, it also sounds Celtic? Is it one or the other? I think Shalour City is based off of Brittany in France, I'm not sure what culture Shalour's music is...

Sun

When the sun goes down...
Years
  • Seen Jan 20, 2017
The music that plays in Shalour City sounds Japanese, but, it also sounds Celtic? Is it one or the other? I think Shalour City is based off of Brittany in France, I'm not sure what culture Shalour's music is...

Hahaha! I guess our French members can help you with that! ;)
I don't think it sounds Japanese tho, it sounds mythical and felt legend-like.

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
Years
Shalour City...

I can hear some Kabuki theater influence, but it's probably meant to be Celtic-styled given its real-world analog in France.

§1

Rocket grunt
Years
  • Seen Sep 1, 2022
the new bike music reminds me of the ending to tome

Last edited:
Back