• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Aug 11, 2013
I've been searching all over google, but I've yet to find a good tutorial on how to use Pokeds/pic or PokeDSpic.

I don't understand how it works, really. Would anyone be willing to explain or link an explanation of this tool.

Thanks in advance!

IIMarckus

J946@5488AA97464
Years
  • Seen Feb 21, 2024
sky_queen3, the images are compressed, and you won't find them in a plain tile editor. Compressed images in GSC can be inserted with AGIXP, but no tool exists to compress using the RBY compression format.

HackMew

Mewtwo Strikes Back
Years
  • Seen Oct 26, 2011
sky_queen3, the images are compressed, and you won't find them in a plain tile editor. Compressed images in GSC can be inserted with AGIXP, but no tool exists to compress using the RBY compression format.

Wait, not all images are compressed though, are they? Out of curiosity, what type of compression AGIXP handle?

Years
Ok I'm sorry its late and I still dont get your problem...

What are you trying to do and what is happening instead?
You see,I tryed inserting the Legendary Birds OWs to Emerald,over the Regis OWs.(Not the doll ones.)I repointed the OWs,but it still doesn't work.

Now,another prob:

Does anybody have a Emerald animation sprite for Dialga,in palette 20?It needs to be fully completed and done with the Pl. sprite?You see,I thought I might as well insert Primal Dialga(Might be catchable),but I keep messing up the animation sprite.And,can anybody tell me if it's advisable to use ? or not?(The placeholder for Unown,and the R/S beta Pokedex unseen sprite)Because I want Primal Dialga to be catchable.
Now,here's what I've made so far: palette,Box data(I think.),and,currently making moveset.

MiniEggs

Working On Something Spritey.
Years
How to change this

Hello, I think this is the right place.

I am making a hack of FR and I want to change who you play as and who the proffessor + rival look like (sprites and the things at the start etc). Is there a tool to do this?

If so can anybody tell me it or how.

THanks in advance.

NarutoActor

The rocks cry out to me
Years
Sorry, I don't use PKSV.
You'll have to look it up in there database... oh wait, PKSV doesn't have one. AHAHAHAH
lol, you see what I did there, I belittled PKSV.
its the same thing in pksv and there is its theres a pencil looking buttone that shows a list of commands and dont belittle pksv In my opinion its better than xse but less ppl use it (to manny people are scared of change) so when ever I send a script I made for someone or fix someones script I use xse I know how to use it and its important to know both + pksv has so manny nice features like movement helper and script searcher

spidermight340

Advanced Trainer
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Feb 21, 2011
its the same thing in pksv and there is its theres a pencil looking buttone that shows a list of commands and dont belittle pksv In my opinion its better than xse but less ppl use it (to manny people are scared of change) so when ever I send a script I made for someone or fix someones script I use xse I know how to use it and its important to know both + pksv has so manny nice features like movement helper and script searcher

thanx for the info but i cant find any pencil looking button, what version of pksv are you using ?
mine is 1.92

NarutoActor

The rocks cry out to me
Years
its hard to miss look I took a screen shot
pksv.jpg

IIMarckus

J946@5488AA97464
Years
  • Seen Feb 21, 2024
Wait, not all images are compressed though, are they? Out of curiosity, what type of compression AGIXP handle?
Compressed images in GSC include Pokémon battle images, trainer battle images, tilesets, and (I believe) the images used in attack animations. The compression is a variant of LZ.

TehBazzard

Main creator of FireRed+
Years
  • Seen Aug 29, 2009
I am using XSE and Advanced Map. I have a script for a trainer battle in the offset of 800875. How would I remove that script to free the offset?

Pokeyomom

Hoenn no you didn't...
Years
Okay I got another bunk advance map editor program. Anybody know where to find a good reliable one? Muchos gracias mujeres y hombres!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back