• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Shiny Pokemon in D/P/Pt

FrostPheonix

Eternity.
Years
Got a shiny shinx, a shiny sneasel, and I think a shiny psyduck. I tried getting their IVs to RNG but failed. So they're just sitting in my box :(
But i've got to say, i love the moment where you go 'WTF SHINY' :)

Synerjee

[font=Itim]Atra du evarinya ono varda.[/font]
Years
I have never seen a shiny in DPP. :( I have tried chaining for one (usually ponyta, pachirisu, shinx, buizel etc.) for hours, but to no avail..my chain kept breaking after 20+. Shinies aren't very attracted to me, it seems. *sigh*

TheBigMan0706

Monster hunting Snivy
Years
  • Seen Mar 18, 2016
Mine was a shiny Ghastly i called "King Boo" in Pokemon Diamond. Have not seen another shiny since...

SammieLily2

Writer Extraordinare
Years
The first Shiny I'd ever encountered was a Shiny Shinx in my restarted Platinum game. I was going to play through the game with a team that is very underused (in my opinion), and as I was grinding my Bidoof, it came up. I named him Harley. :D

And what's funny is that I was watching Captainsparklez at around midnight when I caught him. (Skyblock Ep. 11)

Pinta77

I have A LOT of shinies on my Diamond version. Let's see...

ShinyHeatrananimated.gif

I dunno how to soft reset, so I turned it on and off a lot until it was shiny

215SneaselFemale.png

Just ran into it

172Pichu.png

Got the event one in a trade and found one that I evolved into

ShinyEPikachuSprite.gif

shiny pikachu

And that's about it. I have 2 shiny gyaradoses from soul silver, a shiny machamp that I found as a shiny machop on soul silver, shiny Entei from the gamestop event, and um... I think that's it.

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
Years
I have A LOT of shinies on my Diamond version. Let's see...

ShinyHeatrananimated.gif

I dunno how to soft reset, so I turned it on and off a lot until it was shiny

That is soft-resetting! :P

I never really soft-reset to be honest, I don't really have the patience; and while a shiny legendary may be nice, I'm not willing to sacrifice so much time.

iZTwi

Jounin Ninja
Years
  • Seen Dec 16, 2012
I spent my whole time in Platinum soft reseting for Shiny Piplup, which I have. And then once I got to hearthrome, I spent my whole saturday soft reseting for Shiny Eevee from Bebe, which I now have :)

PiemanFiddy

Dark-Type Gym Leader
Years
I caught three Shiny Pokemon while playing my brother's Diamond.

406.gif
075.gif
201-u.gif

A Budew, Graveler and Unown (U Form).

They still rest in his PC to this day. And not to mention this was one of two occasions I caught a Shiny Graveler.

How long did this take you? A 1/8192 chance seems much more like a 1/50 chance to EVERYONE but me. I've played every game TWICE except for Black/Black 2 (white/white 2) and I have still not gotten a legitmate shiny pokemon.

Maybe I should use the radar more often and chain.. but that just makes it seem like im bending the odds to get one.

I have a shiny story of my own.. but it wasn't mine. When I was 7, I was playing Emerald with my Brother, and he found a shiny Spinda. He fainted it because he didn't like Spinda (which is reasonable, but COME ON)

To this day, I dread the fact that even MY OWN FAMILY can get shinies before me :(

Sableye~

Back to PC~
Years
  • Seen Jan 4, 2018
My first shiny ever was on Diamond.
A flipping Bidoof. D:
But I was stupid and reset my game, forgetting that it was there. My only shinies obtained on Diamond are a Buneary and a Nidoran which was probably hacked but whatever.

...Now I want to go breed for shiny Pokemon. I'm going to go browse pictures of them until I find one that I really want to get.

Sassy Milkshake

It's ok to cry.
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Feb 10, 2013
Haven't gotten a shiny Pokemon outside of the third generation. I mean honestly. It'd be nice to see a shiny, any shiny. But noooo. I tried chaining for Rhyhorn in Pt. I think it was, got to a decent 30 streak then lost it. ;P

ahmet476

standing around
Years
  • Seen Dec 31, 2014
I haven't seen one yet but got my shiny Numel migrated from Sapphire. It has blue stuff coming out of it's back :D I was checking my old games and seen a shiny Pidgeot in one of the old games in a pc box and got one more but I forgot.

Years
  • Seen Dec 16, 2020
I've RNG'd plenty of Shiny's but I don't take as much pride in them as I do the one's I found in the wild. I found 2 Shiny's on one Ruby file after replaying it for the millionth time. A shiny Skitty and a shiny Numel. Then on my Platinum I found a shiny Magnemite while screwing around at Fuego Ironworks! Love these guys a lot more than my RNG's.

Years
  • Seen Jun 29, 2013
After 25 resets I get my starter to be a shiny"A SHINY TURTWIG"3 months ago in pokemon patinum and then I have now Totterra Lv.68 and my 2nd nd last up to now was "A SHINY GIRATINA" after almost 105 resets it takes 3 days 2 nights and 3 dawn

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~

Buffalo State College
Years
I ran into a shiny Gligar on my second time of using the Pokeradar (is that whats it called), but I had no idea that there was a trick for chaining Pokemon. Once my friend told me about this I tried to do it and failed and never did it again. However, I did manage to capture a shiny Drifloon (luck, I know :D ), starly, geodude, shinx, gastly and a ponyta.

:t354:TG

Awkward Squirtle

,@,e .ºoO
Years
  • Seen Jan 29, 2016
I only have 1 hour playtime in my Pearl version (no badges yet), but I've already found five shinies: three Shinx, a Bidoof, and a Budew.
Unfortunately I ran out of Poké Balls when fighting the third Shinx, so I only caught four of them.

I'm beginning to think my game is bugged.

EDIT: And just caught another shiny Bidoof. Definitely keeping this save file?

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Oct 2, 2020
For whatever reason, I haven't had much luck with shinies in DPPt. I never SR for them or anything, so all the ones I have are ones I just stumbled across. In the third gen games, I caught shinies of Zubat, Doduo, Electrike, Tentacool, Numel, Voltorb and Geodude. In Diamond I caught another Zubat, and that's it. It's an amazing Zubat - Jolly nature and with at least high 20s for all the important stats - easily the most useful shiny I've ever caught. But it's the only one in any of the three games.

Margaery Tyrell

Growing Strong
Years
  • Age 25
  • USA
  • Seen Feb 28, 2018
I currently don't have any shinies, but I'm trying to get a shiny Staravia...shiny Staraptor, for some odd reason, dazzles me. By far the most beautiful shiny I've seen, in my opinion.

Back