• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon Gale • The Geor Adventure!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Nov 10, 2007

Pokémon Gale Thread

Hello dear members of the PC Community. My name is Vavavoom and today I'm going to present you guys a project called Pokémon Gale. This post is devided by sections: Introduction, Pokémon Gale, Supporter Banners, and the last but least, the Credits.
~Beware, on this forum, I'm using the Pocket Monster Theme. So, it's possible that you see a green background behind pictures.

Introduction

Finally, a new generation. Pokémon Gale is a project that started during February 2007. What's interesting about this project is that many cool stuff will appear. One of them is The Pokemon Diamond/Pearl Graphics. I thought
that using the Fire Red/Leaf Green was a bit boring. So, I chose to make this game in the Diamond/Pearl graphics. Since this is a " New Generation " of Pokémon, I thought that introducing the " Next Generation " would be a great idea. For now,
we currently have only one demo. It is not that great, we know. Many things got changed since February. What we can tell about the second demo, is that it's short. " Short? But we want a long demo! "... Short doesn't always mean boring. It will be a wonderful
demo with features like capturing Pokemon, battling Pokémon, battling Trainers, etc. For now, if you want to download the first demo:

Link to download the first demo:

http://www.sendspace.com/file/24zukn
(Extract files with a program called " WinZip ", save the files in a specific folder, and open the " Game " file) Be sure to have RPG Maker XP install on your PC
Now, we will tell many things about the project. Enjoy. ~

Pokémon Gale

The Team:

- Leaders -

- Vavavoom (Game Owner, Mapper, Spriter, & Programmer)
- Nevermore (Game Owner, Spriter, & Pokemon Designer)

- Staff -

- Burned Soul (Programmer)
- Calient/Pikafirefight (Spriter)
- .:???:. (Spriter)

Storyline:

Long ago, when the world was young, an eternal Pokémon existed... the Gale Pokémon, Hatenebres. It had unspeakable power, and legends say that controlled by a tyrant, it nearly destroyed the world...
None who know the location of that eternal Pokémon - the one which controls the very winds - remain. But they all know that he is hunting the routes of the Geor Region.
However, now, with an ancient tablet telling a riddle for the location of Hatenebres, the head of the Geor Region government is searching for this great Pokémon, and it's a race against time to stop him. But, 3 mysterious beast appear during your adventure and you start thinking that they are a clue of the story about Hatenebres...

The Geor Region:

The Geor region is based on a real region of Japan called Chugoku. It's attach to the region of Johto. It's at the east of Hoenn.

* The cities/towns' motto are write beside them *

1. Rauwolfia Town " The town where the adventure blooms "
2. Crescent Town " A place with gracful blue houses "
3. Elloish City " The charming city where we smell the aromas from miles "
4. Glamourich City " An outstanding rich & glamorous city "
5. Purearth City " The glorious green city where pollution doesn't exist "
6. Minerhole Town " The underground town with a rusty dust "
7. Seealga City " A petite island with enchanting & healthy feelings "
8. Burgundy City " A city surrounded by high and maroon mountains "
9. Camplains Town " The cute Spring town with small cliffs "
10. Lunar Town " The historical & mysterious town of the old time "
11. Royaline City " A sparkling ultramarine port on the coast "
12. Herbolodge City " The chartreuse town with elegant & colorful flowers "
13. Wisteria City " The northern town with silver & shiny powders "
14. Neosula City " A hot, magnificent, & comfortable island surrounded by a burning water "
15. Coralbem City " The rainbow & victorious island with many pleasures "

A. Prisma Cave
B. Lunar Forest
C. Consecrated Hollow
D. Safari Field (Safari Zone)
E. Herbolodge Woods
F. Herbolodge's Pasture (Verdure Park)
G. Mt. Zenith
H. Wisteria's Catacombs
I. Zen Garden
J. Victory Road

Download this file to view the Geor Region's Waters (Hot/Cold, Salted/Non Salted ect). Be sure to have Win ZIP or Win RAR.

Click here!

- The map with the Red and Dark Blue areas are for the hot and cold waters in Geor

- The map with the Pale Blue and Dark Blue/Green areas is for salted and un-salted waters of Geor

- The map with the small Green and Teal area is to indicate where the tide is

- The map with some routes that have the Dark Blue colour is to indicate where you can dive.

Map Previews:

Purearth City

Heroes:

Lucas:
Gale3.png

Dawn:
Gale2-1.png

Hero's Vault:

BadgeCase.png

The badge case
* Those badges will be remade~

From up, down, up, down etc:

Pale Badge - Own by Blanchette, Hambirone City's Gym Leader
Drill Badge - Own by Avalene, Minerhole Town's Gym Leader
Zap Badge - Own by Tracy, Seealga City's Gym Leader
Cloud Badge - Own by Fredther, Burgundy City's Gym Leader
Spirit Badge - Own by Tenebra, Lunar Town's Gym Leader
Hydrolic Badge - Own by Hydra, Royaline City's Gym Leader
Treffle Badge - Own by Petalie, Herbolodge Town's Gym Leader
Charcoal Badge - Own by Heacoal, Neosula City's Gym Leader

12345-1.png

The ribbon case

From left, right, down-left, down-right and the middle:

Hambirone City Ribbon
Camplains Town Ribbon
Royaline City Ribbon
Purearth City Ribbon
Neosula City Ribbon

Screenshots:

Pokemon:

We don't show every Pokémon yet, just like Nintendo/Game Freak does. But, we will post the main ones. Some other Pokémon can be found throughout the thread.

#001. Cowherb
Type: Grass
PokéDex Entrie: Cowherb a small cow that enjoys having relationships with trainers. Its small flower on it's tail smells like
berries. That's why a lot of Pokémon are attracted to Cowherb.

#004. Friexy is
Type: Fire
PokéDex Entrie: This fire fox is really nice with other Pokémon. When Friexy is happy, it jumps and run all around the area. However, when
its not happy, Friexy release fire from it's mouth.

#007. Pliadore
Type: Water
PokéDex Entrie: Pliadore is a small Pliasore that loves to built friendship with it's trainer. While being able to swim and walk,
Pliadore is a tough Pokemon.

Supporter Banners

grass-1.png

PHP:
[url="http://pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=80281"][IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v637/kirbymew/grass.png[/IMG][/url]

fire-1.png

PHP:
[url="http://pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=80281"][IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v637/kirbymew/fire.png[/IMG][/url]

water-1.png

PHP:
[url="http://pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=80281"][IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v637/kirbymew/water.png[/IMG][/url]

Credits

Blennix: For logo/banners
Canine Munch: Banners
RM2K3kid: For giving useful tutorials
Various websites: For screenshots (Where I ripped the graphics)
D/P Music CD: For Midis and Audios (Background music)
Novoni: 2 of the Starter Families
Criptexa: All of her Pokémon (Should be regonizeable)
Rocketmeowth: Few Pokémon

* Special thanks to Crazy Weaville for it's contribution to the game: Plot, Idea, etc.

© Copyright Pokémon 1996-2007. All rights are reserved. <-​

Last edited:

shadow rayquaza

ultima trainer
Years
Do you have rpg maker xp installed? Anyway its pretty good but when you go upstairs in one of the houses it traps you up there.

Neo-Dragon

Game Developer
Years
Just played the demo. Wasn't impressed. I could tell it was really rushed. It was to show your diamond/pearl graphics- which were bad. All of the NPCs were not alligned right, they were really high up and the hero was really low down compared to them. Various tiles were ugly- eg. the corners of the water. A demo should showcase what you can do with the program and should show the player what to expect from your game. Thats why its called a demo- demo is short for "demonstration." Talking to people shoulded be a "good feature" for your game lol.
Hopefully demo 2 will be a big improvement.
Sorry if that seemed mean, but was my experience with your game.

foofatron

Banned
Years
  • Age 21
  • Seen Sep 2, 2007
Yes I have it but the games not working how do I open it up?

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Nov 10, 2007
Just played the demo. Wasn't impressed. I could tell it was really rushed. It was to show your diamond/pearl graphics- which were bad. All of the NPCs were not alligned right, they were really high up and the hero was really low down compared to them. Various tiles were ugly- eg. the corners of the water. A demo should showcase what you can do with the program and should show the player what to expect from your game. Thats why its called a demo- demo is short for "demonstration." Talking to people shoulded be a "good feature" for your game lol.
Hopefully demo 2 will be a big improvement.
Sorry if that seemed mean, but was my experience with your game.

Thanks for that critic. I had a lot of problems with RPG maker XP. That is why it is really bugy. On Demo#2, you will see a REALLY big difference. And remember, it was a *first time* program...

foofatron

Banned
Years
  • Age 21
  • Seen Sep 2, 2007
This is great your warps are off like the one upstairs takes you back to the same room.I can help with your warps and conections.

Oyay how come when you press B a team comes up and it says cleric fighter and stuff?Is this just a do over of another game?

Last edited:

foofatron

Banned
Years
  • Age 21
  • Seen Sep 2, 2007
You have to change the original tiles but you should have those tiles for that.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Nov 10, 2007
This is great your warps are off like the one upstairs takes you back to the same room.I can help with your warps and conections.

Oyay how come when you press B a team comes up and it says cleric fighter and stuff?Is this just a do over of another game?

Those are really big bugs, I know. And I know how it works, it is just that my comp have various problems.

foofatron

Banned
Years
  • Age 21
  • Seen Sep 2, 2007
you mine as well use a diffrent tileset cause yours is messed up.

~Azura

Alright, purple is good.
Years
  • Seen Jun 21, 2012
If I'm not wrong, this is your fourth thread for showing a game here... Do you plan to even finish one of these?

~Azura

Alright, purple is good.
Years
  • Seen Jun 21, 2012
So what do you plan to do about it?

And if you, please, could answer my question...

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Nov 10, 2007
So what do you plan to do about it?

And if you, please, could answer my question...

Okay. Pokemon Gale will be finished (As you may saw, the first demo is out). So yes, that game will be finished. I can't work well if Crazy Weaville and I are the only staff people. We need more people to help the crew.

~Azura

Alright, purple is good.
Years
  • Seen Jun 21, 2012
I have another question... ^^

In you Pokemon Gale Version banner, what font did you use to make the "Gale Version"? I've seen that font around in some banners, but I can't find it anywhere...

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Nov 10, 2007
I didn't made that banner. Blennix did it. And I put that banner in my sigs in various forums: PHO

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back