• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

>Dante< Tutorial: How to change correctly the Intro hero in FR/LG

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen May 16, 2014
I can't use this tutorial because I don't have photoshop anymore:( could someone tell me how I could do this tut with ms paint/photofiltre plz?

School days again...
Years
Hey Dante! The tutorial is good but I have a problem with the palette. again...
When Professor Oak is still talking, the palette is correct.
Spoiler:

But if saying yes or no on the name of the character, the palettes are:
Spoiler:

SSJALEX

GOD'S LEGENDARY SUPERSAIYAN
Years
messed up thing

i would like some help to. you see i have been doing all the steps but this blob pops up. i can't upload pics yet but it is in my album with snorkel bob cares.

Korronensu

Scrap Punk
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Feb 28, 2010
I'm having a problem with VBA. I go to save the background pallete, and no matter what name I assign to the save file, and no matter what filetype I select, it saves it as a non-functioning .pal named bg.pal. Nothing can use it.

Taichi

The Keyblader of The Future
Years
  • Seen Sep 14, 2012
Okay when I select the boy, It comes out okay and fine like this:

okay1.jpg

But after do new name, he comes out like this:

error1.jpg

and when I'm done doing the rival, he comes out darker with a pinch of pink around the top area.

error2-2.jpg

help?

Korronensu

Scrap Punk
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Feb 28, 2010
Seriously. Does anybody know why my VBA won't save pallettes? No matter what name or filetype I select, it ALWAYS saves the pallette as bg.pal, and nothing will read it.

Taichi

The Keyblader of The Future
Years
  • Seen Sep 14, 2012
Seriously. Does anybody know why my VBA won't save pallettes? No matter what name or filetype I select, it ALWAYS saves the pallette as bg.pal, and nothing will read it.

I can fix that.
All you gotta do, after you save it, rename the file from "bg.pal" to "whatevernameyouchoose.act".
Works for me.

Ben.

Orange I s l a n d s~
Years
I can fix that.
All you gotta do, after you save it, rename the file from "bg.pal" to "whatevernameyouchoose.act".
Works for me.
well mine seemed fine the only thing i can think of is download irfan view open your pic go to image options colour view then click 16 colour mode i think

Years
  • Seen Feb 7, 2010
It didn't need to use Free Space Finder. :)
I just clicked on Cancel. and.. Imported. It came out really good.
Now I need to find a way to change the overworld ( Overworld rebirth doesn't work properly.. ) and the battle sprites :)
Really, thanks. It helped me alot :):)

Aberbecam

Banned
Years
Nice tutorial >Dante< but, It would be little more helpful if you put a tutorial that does not require Photoshop. Some of us can't get photoshop because it requires money so we have to buy photoshop using paypal so some of does not have paypal because some of us don't have credit card. Realize what's it going through. It would be excellent if you can find anyway to use gimp instead of photoshop to make intro sprites. Other then that the tutorial is excellent ;)

Years
  • Seen Jun 17, 2013
I have problems with the paletts after I haved change the Sprites. Before I choose my Name there are the right paletts. But After I choose the Name there is a wrong palett. This palett I can´t anywhere when I open the Palette Viewer.
Can anybody help me?

Years
  • Seen Feb 10, 2013
i need help, i cant work it because. 1 im one not going to pay 700 for photoshop
and 2 i cant find a working gimp. do you know were i can find one that works for vista? or is there another way to change these

Pokepal17

More cowbell~
Years
i need help, i cant work it because. 1 im one not going to pay 700 for photoshop
and 2 i cant find a working gimp. do you know were i can find one that works for vista? or is there another way to change these

Google is your friend for Photoshop and GIMP.

>Dante<

Call me Steven
Years
thanks to all ^^
some PC's users had helped many hackers that have had some problems...

about the use of Photoshop..
I have used it as example..
but there are some tools free that they allow to make the same thing.

about the problem with VBA..
I advise to download a version more adjourned

However, if someone had need, I have drawn these sprite sprites for this tutorial...
ivye.png
k35a42.png

those sprites are for the pubblic use..
only..give credits to >Dante< (or SteveN) if used :)

Years
  • Seen Feb 10, 2013
all the types of gimp i tried dont work on my laptop so thats out of the question. and im not buying photoshop just to do non-profit hacks. im still searching for stuffbut pm me if you find something.

Pokepal17

More cowbell~
Years

all the types of gimp i tried dont work on my laptop so thats out of the question. and im not buying photoshop just to do non-profit hacks. im still searching for stuffbut pm me if you find something.

Did you read it carefully? With google, you can get anything for free, so use some of that brain power you have. I've even bolded the answer.

Back