• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon: The Nightmare

gsorby

Pokémon Spiritanium Creator
Years
Pokémon: The Nightmare is being revamped (again) stay tuned for updates :)
I've added new screenshots, look below!

Welcome to the world of Nightmares!​

Pic_2.png

This is NOT a hack!
Made in: RPG Maker XP​

Story.png

In the dark region, Sinnoh, more and more people are falling into dark nightmares. They just lie there sleeping, being tortured in their own dreams. Nobody knows what causes these constant nightmares, but there is a reason. Some say it's caused by the planet's destruction, others say it's just a coincidence. But they were always wrong. Professors in the region are using all sorts of ways to see what the cause is. After they had invented a new machine, they now have the ability to see into peoples dreams. They have looked into the dreams, but only find a black silhouette that seems to be the cause. This silhouette seems to be a Pokémon that causes pain and misery. Nobody has ever known a Pokémon that can induce sleep and cause nightmares. Professors have researched on the silhouette and the results were...inconclusive. They even tried entering the dreams by using the powers of a Pokémon called Drowzee, but for some reason they can't enter them. There seems to be some sort of psychic barrier blocking the way. One day, it's time for you to leave home and become the world's greatest Pokémon trainer. You will conquer all the Pokémon gyms, the Pokémon League and become Sinnoh's newest champion! On your travels, you will find out the real truth about this silhouette, what it is and why it's causing these horrible nightmares. You will also meet countless trainers on your travels. Before you begin your adventure, a famous professor known as Rowan, has offered to give you one of his rare Pokémon. You can either choose from Turtwig, Chimchar or Piplup. After you've chosen your Pokémon, it's time to start your adventure! You will also meet two frontier brains in your travels. One is the owner of the region's battle hall, Argenta, who studies Pokémon mythology. The other one is the owner of the battle arcade, Dahlia and she has a degree in Pokémon moves and abilities. She is very intelligent, so she is vital help source! Good luck!

Features.png

This section is under construction! Please stand by.
Update: Carmaniac and I are merging our games together, we now work as partners. We have agreed to make a completely new region along with custom graphics and more, please keep and eye on this section. :)​

Characters.png

Spoiler:

Screenshots.png
New Screenies!
Spoiler:

Videos.png
Spoiler:

Support Pokémon: The Nightmare!​

UB-1.png

Code:
[PLAIN][URL=http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=196738][IMG]http://i796.photobucket.com/albums/yy250/gsorby/Pokemon%20The%20Nightmare/UB-1.png[/IMG][/URL][/PLAIN]

Credits:
Game Developers: GSorby, Carmaniac
Starter Kit: Poccil, Flameguru
Other developers and helpers: Luka.S.J, Poccil
Sprites: GSorby, HackMew, Carmaniac
Mapping: GSorby, Carmaniac
Tilesets: Kyledove
Overworlds: GSorby
Scripts: GSorby, Poccil, Carmaniac

Last edited:

Spikey-Eared Pichu

Pichu-pi!
Years
The screenshots and videos are pretty decent, but the story is extremely weak. First of all, why are Giratina and Darkrai, two legendary Pokemon who have no past history with each other, work together? Second, why are they 'swallowing' things and obliterating them? Third, why are Argenta and Dahlia a part of this? Do they contribute to the plot, at all?

|Maximus|

I'm back~
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Sep 10, 2010
First of all this looks horrible, I'm sorry it just does.

1st DON'T I REPEAT DON'T mix graphics.
2nd Clean up your graphics they look, bad. You need to make them look like a real POKEMON Game.
3rd keep the VS sequence I like that ;)

Fix those things then post some screens.

|Maximus|

I'm back~
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Sep 10, 2010
You have RMXP graphics along with DPP/HGSS/FRLG stick to one set of graphics dude.

Years
  • Seen Jun 1, 2022
I kinda wish you didn't have 1 character look like 2 different characters when they're the same person. (For instance, Lucas looks like Gold in the, "VS," thing.)

...but I like how you're borrowing some of the latest graphics & sound from the franchise! Nice work with that!

I'd like to state a 2nd opinion on this: I'm not that against mixed graphics. In fact, the very beginning of Pokemon Neo, (of which the pre-beta demo is planned to be a pre-beta version of,) is currently, (& hopefully will stay,) a mix of G/S/C & D/P/P, of which the plan is now to then transfer into live action graphics. (Might take a while-I know. In fact, making a Pokemon agme at all in Flash will probably take a while...)

Last edited:

gsorby

Years
Hey everyone. I will have new screenshots uploaded by saturday night (UK time).

Last edited:

The_Virus21

Aquamarin Trainer
Years
  • Seen Mar 5, 2011
Hi there!
The VS Sequence looks good, but i don't like the battle boxes.
Even that you use the standart Tiles in a PkMn game don't looks good.

Virus

gsorby

Years
OK. Have a look at the thread now. I've completely re-done it. I think you will like it!

G

Luka S.J.

Jealous Croatian
Years
That still doesn't look very good. Your sprites are just generally bad,bad,bad. I really don't know why you are blurring the sprites, and removing the pixelation effect that pokemon have. It just looks awkward that way. You really need to improve on your sprites.

The battle boxes are still not impressive enough, and the playerbase is just weird. Look at the finer lines on the playerbase compared to the thick ones on the enemybase. It doesn't go well together, and you really need to remove all of your sprites, and put them in again, making the not blurred. I know your screenies are in JPEG, but that would still not blur the sprites so much. Work on that, the only real, good content you have right now is the VS intro, which also contains graphical things that are a bit irritating on the eye. You have nice ideas on going about doing all the special effects, but you need to remove the blur, it looks wrong.

gsorby

Years
@Luka S.J:

Well, Okay then, could you suggest a way I can make them look better maybe? You don't have a problem because your screen size is small whereas mine's big. I want to keep my size so.
Anyway you suggest that is better would be appreciated.
Thanks!

P.S: What do you mean by blur?

Last edited:

Luka S.J.

Jealous Croatian
Years
@Luka S.J:

Well, Okay then, could you suggest a way I can make them look better maybe? You don't have a problem because your screen size is small whereas mine's big. I want to keep my size so.
Anyway you suggest that is better would be appreciated.
Thanks!

P.S: What do you mean by blur?

Your VS banner is extremely cool, and looks just like the one from the actual games, but what i mean with the graphics is this.
whateveru.png

Do you see the difference?

What you could do, is increase the screen size to 512 x 384 and then disable the option for changing resolutions and keep it at 0.5 resolution. That way, all of the pixelated sprites will look like the normal pokemon ones, including tiles and everything else. But you would need to convert all the blurred sprites into pixelated ones, otherwise it would look bad.

EDIT: The "what is should look like" on the right is a typo. It should say what it should look like :D

Last edited:

gsorby

Years
OK thank you. Oh by the way, do I have to do that to all my pokemon as well? And what did you use to do that?
G

Luka S.J.

Jealous Croatian
Years
OK thank you. Oh by the way, do I have to do that to all my pokemon as well? And what did you use to do that?
G

Yes...you will need to do that for all your sprites. And I just used paint to resize and arrange those.

gsorby

Years
OK. Thank you soooo much! By the way, I'm trying to make a dual screen! But it's not going well. lol

Back